Just back from having medical done in Edinburgh.

purpledonna

Just thought i'd give you a wee run down of what happened at my medical that I had done here today at Shawfair Park Hospital in Edinburgh. I was super nervous in the weeks leading up to it and was scouring this forum for other people's experiences so I thought i'd add my own.

First off I was given a consent form to sign about having the HIV test done then I was taken into another waiting room where a lovely nurse came along and asked if i'd like to do the urine test first. We went off and did that and afterwards she took me to another room and did an eye test then checked my height and weight. She then took my blood pressure and did the blood test. Another lady saw me after that who asked me about any previous illnesses and then told me to strip to my undies so she could check reflexes, chest, ears, breathing and tap on my back. She then took me off to the chest X Ray where I had to strip again but only to the waist and put on a beautiful paper gown (!!!) so she could do the X Ray. And that was it. It only took about 45 mins in total and it was all very relaxing and friendly.

They told me that they send the results straight to Australia and if there is anything that shows up on them they will call me. So there you go!

:biggrin:

Just thought i'd give you a wee run down of what happened at my medical that I had done here at Shawfair Park Hospital in Edinburgh. I was super nervous in the weeks leading up to it and was scouring this forum for other people's experiences so I thought i'd add my own.

First off I was given a consent form to sign about having the HIV test done then I was taken into another waiting room where a lovely nurse came along and asked if i'd like to do the urine test first. We went off and did that and afterwards she took me to another room and did an eye test then checked my height and weight. She then took my blood pressure and did the blood test. Another lady saw me after that who asked me about any previous illnesses and then told me to strip to my undies so she could check reflexes, chest, ears, breathing and tap on my back. She then took me off to the chest X Ray where I had to strip again but only to the waist and put on a beautiful paper gown (!!!) so she could do the X Ray. And that was it. It only took about 45 mins in total and it was all very relaxing and friendly.

They told me that they send the results straight to Australia and if there is anything that shows up on them they will call me. So there you go!

:biggrin:

HI purpledonna,

Great to read this thread as we have ours nxt wek on the 29th at Birmingham and as you said really anxious but if ours gose like yours it would be great. :biggrin:

You said they would send it direct was that the ehealth bit and did you have a co , as we are waiting for a co and im not sure if you can send it direct with out one , any help on this wld be appreciated

many thanks

susan x :cute:

sorry just read your post you did have co

Hiya Suzy, my application is a paper based one. And yep, i've got a CO who requested for me to have the medical done and submit my Police Check. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Thank You for your quick response anyway good luck to your new life :biggrin:

susan x

Thanks! I called up on the 25th of May and today (22nd June) was the first appointment they had. So i'd say there's a month wait. While I was there today there were 4 other people being seen for the same thing so they are pretty busy. My advice would be to book in advance. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Archived