WA State Sponsorship Website is being updated! 8 July 2010

Guest dragsterwish

Guest dragsterwish

Hold on to your breadth! Something new is coming out really soon. Hope it brings out the SMP and good luck to all those SS holders awaiting good news to be bumped up to Cat. 2!

State Migration Centre

Pathways to Migrate - Currently being updated

How to Apply for State Sponsorship - Currently being updated

Skilled Sponsored Visa (SSV) - Currently being updated

Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa (SRSV) - Currently being updated

State Sponsorship Guidelines - Currently being updated

Getting a Positive Skills Assessment

English Language Requirements

Online Application System

Occupations in Demand - Currently being updated

Information for Employers

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jane1991

Praise the lord .. lets hope they are not as sloppy as the DIAC when it comes to deadlines

Guest dragsterwish

Skilled Migration

The Government of Western Australia would like to advise potential State Sponsored Skilled Migrants of the following information:

Skilled Migration WA is responsible for State Sponsorship and the certifying of regional sponsorship for the Wheatbelt, Pilbara and Goldfields/Esperance.* All other enquiries regarding visa applications should be referred to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) Department of Immigration & Citizenship

Current applications for State Sponsorship from Western Australia

Skilled Migration WA is currently working through all pending applications as a matter of priority and you will be contacted by us as soon as the outcome of your application has been decided.

Note that all new applications have currently been suspended until further notice.

It is anticipated that all current applications will be processed by the end of July 2010.

State Migration Plan

The Government of Western Australia is currently finalising the State Migration Plan with DIAC. The new Plan will determine the State’s priority occupations list and the requirements for State Sponsorship.* Once the Plan is released you will be able to download it from this website.

Off-list nominations

The Government of Western Australia may be able to consider applicants for an Off-List nomination for State Sponsorship if their occupation is not listed on the state’s priority occupation list but appears on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) - Schedule 4 http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule4.pdf

The Off-List nominations for the 2009/2010 program have been allocated.* The allocations and criteria for the 2010/2011 Off–List Nomination program will be released once the State Migration Plan is finalised.

State Nomination Form 1100

Please send your completed form 1100 and the signed agreement back to State Migration WA. Documents can be scanned and emailed or sent via post to the following addresses.

Email : migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au. Clearly marked “Signed Agreement and 1100 – Applicant Name and SMT/R reference number “in the subject line of the email.

Online Applications

Online applications for State Sponsorship will be re-opened once the State Migration Plan and the new State priority occupation list is finalised. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Survey Forms

The six-monthly survey process required as part of state sponsorship approval should be sent to:

State Migration WA

Level 2, 123 Adelaide Tce,

EAST PERTH* WA 6004

Change of address details can be emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked with “Applicant Name, SMT/R reference number and DoB

Guest dennisfamily

State govt releases job hit list

8-July-10 by Staff Reporters

The state government has released a list of nearly 350 occupations it believes are priorities for Western Australia for future workforce planning.

The list covers all workforce sectors from farming, to retail and further afield to arts, health and resources.

Training and Workforce Development Minister Peter Collier said the list would be a valuable tool in ensuring WA could attract and retain a skilled workforce.

"The State priority occupation list identifies jobs that are currently in strong demand in WA," Mr Collier said.

The occupations are given three possible ranking, top, high, or priority.

The criteria for the top priority jobs are very large levels of employment; high forecast growth and evident wage pressures; high levels of skill; longer education or training lead times; clear education and training pathways; and/or a clear and evident skills shortage.

166 occupations on the list fit the top priority criterion.

Professionals in the design, engineering, science, transport sectors and health sectors are the most sought after on the list.

Technicians and trade workers in engineering, ICT, science technologies and construction are also highly wanted.

The priority occupations are characterised by generally smaller employment sizes; low or negative employment growth; lower required levels of skill and training requirements; and/or evident non-training related industry issues which are contributing to labour shortages.

"The department will continue to review the status of occupations on the list based on evidence provided by training councils and industry," said Mr Collier.

In addition to the State priority occupation list, the department is developing a State Migration Plan, which will include a Skilled Migration Occupation List that identifies occupations recommended for general migration into WA.

Mr Collier said the State Government was planning for the future now, to ensure future skills shortages were minimised and employment and training opportunities maximised.

"With a number of projects planned or already under way in WA, it is important we develop a skilled workforce to support the State's economic growth," he said.

"The Government will continue to take a collaborative planning approach to ensure WA has the right people in the right place at the right time."

Guest Watsons

Thanks you all for the information updates on WA. Anyone any idea where the release list of 350 occupations is listed?

Guest dragsterwish

Anybody knows where to get a copy of the WA State priority Occupation List that has just been published by WA in the news article?

Care to share, pleaseee! Those occupations in the Top priority would most likely be in the SMP (i suspect). And we want to know what are these!! Also the rest of the 355 occupations too!!!

Anyone in Oz... pls help!

Guest dragsterwish
Is the release list the SMP?? All these lists its getting confusing!!!!! I'd like to know where to find this too!

The State priority Occupation list is NOT the SMP list, according to the news article. It says that WA would develop a Migration occupation list for the SMP and these occupations are definitely going to be drawn from this State priority Occupation List!

And chances are.... those in the TOP list is most likely to be in the SMP.

Those under High & Priority remains a question. Under the most ideal situation, all 355 occupations would fall into the SMP migration occupation list!!!

Pray hard.....

C'mon....someone pls get hold of this State Priority Occupation List by WA & share!!!! We are all dying to see what are the occupations listed!!!!

THANK U!!!!:arghh:

Guest dragsterwish
Is the release list the SMP?? All these lists its getting confusing!!!!! I'd like to know where to find this too!

I found the State Priority Occupation List!!!

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

State priority occupation list

What is the State priority occupation list?

The State priority occupation list is an annually produced list of jobs that are in high demand or considered industry-critical in Western Australia.

Why do we have a State priority occupation list?

The list will inform Western Australian workforce development planning, the skilled migration occupation list and the development of the State Training Plan, which guides the funding of training programs.

Who produces the list?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development produces the list in consultation with key stakeholders including the State’s ten Training Councils.

How is the list produced?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development conducts extensive economic and labour market research and analysis at an industry and occupational level to determine the State’s priority occupations. This work is supplemented by intelligence provided by industry, facilitated through the State Training Board’s Training Council network.

Training Councils provide strategic advice on occupations considered to be experiencing skill shortages or are critical to their industry, based on research and consultation with industry.

The Department also undertakes an analysis of professional occupations, requiring higher education qualifications, to determine the high demand occupations.

The occupations are compiled into a list, which is cross-referenced against a number of skill shortages and migration-related lists, including the:

• Western Australian occupations in demand list;

• Australian Government skilled occupation list;

• Australian Government State and Territory skilled occupation list; and

• Commonwealth Department of Education, Employment and Workforce Relations (DEEWR) skill shortages list.

The complete list is then validated and assessed by the Department, in consultation with each Training Council, against a series of indicators. These indicators include:

• current and forecast levels of employment growth within the specified occupations;

• average weekly earnings and wages growth;

• average age of existing employees across the occupation in Western Australia;

• the level of turnover of staff within the occupation; and

• current levels of training supply.

Based on the analysis of the above indicators, occupations with both vocational and higher education qualifications are categorised by the Department and Training Councils on a consensus basis as a Top Priority, High Priority or Priority occupation.

The list is presented with the official occupation title in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations code used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

What are Top Priority, High Priority and Priority occupations?

Top Priority occupations are characterised by a combination of one or more of the following factors:

• very large levels of employment;

• high forecast growth and evident wage pressures;

• high levels of skill;

• longer education or training lead times;

• clear education and training pathways; and/or

• a clear and evident skills shortage.

High Priority occupations are characterised by:

• notable levels of employment;

• medium levels of skill;

• average training lead times;

• clear training pathways; and/or

• emerging evident skills or labour shortages or industry-related issues related to workforce development.

Priority occupations are characterised by:

• generally smaller employment sizes;

• low or negative employment growth;

• lower required levels of skill and training requirements; and/or

• evident non-training related industry issues which are contributing to labour shortages.

Where is the list available?

You can download the list here. (click below link instead)

(http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/dtwd/detcms/apprenticeships-and-training/training-and-workforce-development/binary-files/state-priority-occupation-list.en?oid=com.arsdigita.cms.contenttypes.FileStorageItem-id-9702004

How can I get involved?

For more information regarding the list please email swp@dtwd.wa.gov.au

Guest dragsterwish

Hey, our occupation(Architectural Associate) is in the TOP priority !!!! Hope all of yours are in too!!

We're totally thrilled! This is definitely a good step towards the SMP, though we expect more conditions to be introduced to qualify for SMP..... but having our occupation listed as TOP priority is really something to bring a smile!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

I found the State Priority Occupation List!!!

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

State priority occupation list

What is the State priority occupation list?

The State priority occupation list is an annually produced list of jobs that are in high demand or considered industry-critical in Western Australia.

Why do we have a State priority occupation list?

The list will inform Western Australian workforce development planning, the skilled migration occupation list and the development of the State Training Plan, which guides the funding of training programs.

Who produces the list?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development produces the list in consultation with key stakeholders including the State’s ten Training Councils.

How is the list produced?

The Department of Training and Workforce Development conducts extensive economic and labour market research and analysis at an industry and occupational level to determine the State’s priority occupations. This work is supplemented by intelligence provided by industry, facilitated through the State Training Board’s Training Council network.

Training Councils provide strategic advice on occupations considered to be experiencing skill shortages or are critical to their industry, based on research and consultation with industry.

The Department also undertakes an analysis of professional occupations, requiring higher education qualifications, to determine the high demand occupations.

The occupations are compiled into a list, which is cross-referenced against a number of skill shortages and migration-related lists, including the:

• Western Australian occupations in demand list;

• Australian Government skilled occupation list;

• Australian Government State and Territory skilled occupation list; and

• Commonwealth Department of Education, Employment and Workforce Relations (DEEWR) skill shortages list.

The complete list is then validated and assessed by the Department, in consultation with each Training Council, against a series of indicators. These indicators include:

• current and forecast levels of employment growth within the specified occupations;

• average weekly earnings and wages growth;

• average age of existing employees across the occupation in Western Australia;

• the level of turnover of staff within the occupation; and

• current levels of training supply.

Based on the analysis of the above indicators, occupations with both vocational and higher education qualifications are categorised by the Department and Training Councils on a consensus basis as a Top Priority, High Priority or Priority occupation.

The list is presented with the official occupation title in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations code used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

What are Top Priority, High Priority and Priority occupations?

Top Priority occupations are characterised by a combination of one or more of the following factors:

• very large levels of employment;

• high forecast growth and evident wage pressures;

• high levels of skill;

• longer education or training lead times;

• clear education and training pathways; and/or

• a clear and evident skills shortage.

High Priority occupations are characterised by:

• notable levels of employment;

• medium levels of skill;

• average training lead times;

• clear training pathways; and/or

• emerging evident skills or labour shortages or industry-related issues related to workforce development.

Priority occupations are characterised by:

• generally smaller employment sizes;

• low or negative employment growth;

• lower required levels of skill and training requirements; and/or

• evident non-training related industry issues which are contributing to labour shortages.

Where is the list available?

You can download the list here.

How can I get involved?

For more information regarding the list please email swp@dtwd.wa.gov.au

You Beauty !!!!!!

Guest dragsterwish
This is a great day dragsterwish,

My fiance is a Cook and we are TOP as well. Yeeeeehaaaaa:hug:

Congrats John! I'm happy for u too! Its definitely 1 step closer to SMP now....

CHEERS!

:jiggy:

Guest bindog1uk

My OH is top as well, but we are Queensland:arghh: is there anywhere we can find out about that. Thanks:wink:Lesley

My OH is a Haidresser High Priority ( 2nd) Looks like if Top are SMP candidates then although we have SS we might remain cat 5.

Happy for all the TOPs but absolutely stitched up by WA if they dont push for all current SS to be Top priority.

Shane

Congrats John! I'm happy for u too! Its definitely 1 step closer to SMP now....

CHEERS!

:jiggy:

Cheers dragsterwish. I believe that we are almost there mate. One last push until our dreams come true. I have been saying all along that, if WA sponsored us, then they only did this because they were needing us and that hasn't changed. In fact it has only become more critical. I looked at a job search for Cooks in WA yesterday and there was 83 jobs advertised for Cooks. My job is Account Manager/ Sales. There was 247 vacancies. I would imagine that all the trades and occupations are the same.

Have a look and see what I mean at www.jobsearch.com.au

All the best,

John

My OH is a Haidresser High Priority ( 2nd) Looks like if Top are SMP candidates then although we have SS we might remain cat 5.

Happy for all the TOPs but absolutely stitched up by WA if they dont push for all current SS to be Top priority.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Hang in there mate. The SMP has still to be decided. I think that they will draw up the SMP from the entire list. They gave you SS, therefore it is my belief that they needed you and still need you.

Regards,

John

Thanks for making me feel a little more positive, we are high priority on the list and we are an off-list nomination, so i was beginning to think we had no chance, fingers crossed WA are going to do the right thing and get all of us SS applicants our visas.

Chefs, Cooks and Police officers all TOP priority! Thank God there's hope for us at last! Thank you for posting this!

Congratulations to all who are listed here! IT's great news!!

Does anyone know if this is the 100% official and finalised list? (excuse my cynicism- but we all know how the DIAC changes goalposts etc) I see it has come from the WA government, so have to assume it's the real deal.

Trying not to get too excited (too late!)

Guest dragsterwish

Shane

Hi Shane, so far nothing is concrete until the SMP is out. Though we know that this list is where WA would be drawing the occupation from to form the SMP migration occupation list, we still do not know what the final SMP occupation list would be like.

We can only speculate that the "TOP" is very likely to be in. The "HIGH" could also be in too (if not it wouldn't be high priority!). The "PRIORITY" could be lower priority but still could be in too if WA pushes thr but DIAC may have more issues accepting the lower priority occupations to be in the SMP.

Nonetheless, i seriously hope all the 355 occupations are in the SMP.... after all, it is still WA's Priority occupation list!!!!

Hey, our occupation(Architectural Associate) is in the TOP priority !!!! Hope all of yours are in too!!

We're totally thrilled! This is definitely a good step towards the SMP, though we expect more conditions to be introduced to qualify for SMP..... but having our occupation listed as TOP priority is really something to bring a smile!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Hi dragsterwish

Thanks a lot for digging and finding this valuable information .You have made a big smile on my face this morning .I am hoping architectural associate will be on WA SMP as it is on the TOP PRIORITY LIST .At least WA has recognised our places in Australia ,I was very frustrated to know that my occupation is not in the Sol .

Thanks a lot ...Good luck for all :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Watsons

Absolutely brilliant thats dragsterwish for all your digging. My OH is also a cook so fingers cross

Archived