Jobs in NSW for excavator operator?

MUMSTHEWORD

At the moment there seems to be an endless supply of Irish excavators operators in Australia on WHV looking sponsored as drainers etc, my Irish mate who is now a citizen and owns his own pipe laying company and has 4 WHV operators working for him and they all want sponsored. Also he is now getting calls from people who he doesn't know from Ireland who just looked up his company on the net (he named the company after the town he used to live in) looking sponsored.

He has been through the WHV and 457 himself so he knows how these people feel, but like the man says why would he sponsor someone 10,000 miles away when they are basically physically fighting over jobs in Sydney.

Well how do people get sponsorship so? it seems next to impossible trying to get it from Ireland,I would have imagined employers would prefer someone with a lot of experience rather than take on WHV guys and have to start from scratch to train them in?what is the point in having this visa if you cant get a job offer.excuse my rant im at the end of my tether at this stage.

Well how do people get sponsorship so? it seems next to impossible trying to get it from Ireland,I would have imagined employers would prefer someone with a lot of experience rather than take on WHV guys and have to start from scratch to train them in?what is the point in having this visa if you cant get a job offer.excuse my rant im at the end of my tether at this stage.

Because there are so many that already have the tickets and they can legally work on a WHV as a trial, also a lot of these lads still have experience and don't have the hassle of having wives and families. Sponsors are responsible for flights and removal costs home for everyone up to the value of $10,000 each if made redundant etc, for a family of 5 that's $50,000 compared to just $10,000 for the single lad on his own. Also a family man would be wanting wages to reflect having a family to pay rent, schools etc where as the single lad is happy to work for a lot less as he has little or no responsibilities.

Most people getting sponsored from overseas's are professionals or nurses that are in demand, occupations like excavator operators and certain trade occupations don't have the same demand because there are so many already in Australia on WHV looking sponsored.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear but it simply explains why you are finding it so difficult.

sorry but i dont know how many times ive got to say this ....EXCAVATOR OPERATORS ...are not on the skills list ......the closest equivalent is DRAINER .....and unless you can get ceritified in the uk .....costs money ....u havent a hope in hell of getting in ....sorry to sound so blunt but until things change thats just the way it is :cry:

mrs keily

• 2 weeks later...

id say your 100% right there keily, i know australia gets alot of excavator operators from ireland and the uk. i myself been over there for a year. excavator operators may never be on the list. the only way is just get on the phone and talk to as many companys as you can, send them your cv. ya never no ya might get lucky. but i dont think you are gonna see they jobs been advertised with sponsorship. theres always canada :)

id say your 100% right there keily, i know australia gets alot of excavator operators from ireland and the uk. i myself been over there for a year. excavator operators may never be on the list. the only way is just get on the phone and talk to as many companys as you can, send them your cv. ya never no ya might get lucky. but i dont think you are gonna see they jobs been advertised with sponsorship. theres always canada :)

I'd say plenty of these companies have the sh*ts with people phoning looking sponsorship, there are more operators in Australia than you can shake a stick at..... mention sponsorship and its like a bad word.

They heard it all before people who talk the talk.

Archived