Drainers 457 sponsorship

MUMSTHEWORD

Hey, hopefully someone will be able to help! mrs keily is probably your best bet. Nothing wrong about trying to gain a few contacts while your over there imo. best of luck! :) if you find anyone mind share their details with me lol :tongue:

Will do stacey , hope mrs keily can give us some pointers:)and any1 else please.

okay i can see from your other posts you seem to have a problem with immigrants and thats what you meant about Poland.. why do you want to move to a country where YOU will be a immigrant and is also full of all different immigrants and cultures. might not be your cup of tea :wideeyed:

i dont think you will see to many companys if any advertising sponsorship for our line of work. i think it best to contact the companys, call em up send them your cv and see what happens

Have been doing that with 12 mths so its time to bite the bullet and do more.....cant stay here in Ireland and just get pushed further into the ground.

Hi guys what areas in WA would be best trying for 457 sponsorship for drainers,seriously looking into searching while on hols?

hey guys ...if ur o/h has all the quals as a drainer then why dont u apply for permanent residency ...its on the list ....its also on wa state sponsorship list .......if he is just going in as an excavator operator then im afraid ur probably waisting ur time .....i dont know of any company who are sponsoring at the mo .....supposedly new things coming into place but it doesnt seem to be filtering down the system ....sorry to be so blunt ....i know how hard it is as we are curently trying to get my son in ...and banging our heads of brick walls :cry:

mrs keily

Drainers are on the SOL (ANSZCO Code 334113) so why don't you actually go all out and apply for a 176 visa? The process will take a few months all in all but you will most likely get there eventually if you go down this route. Especially as you say you have been trying for sponsorship for 12 months and have got nowhere.

Dave

Drainers are on the SOL (ANSZCO Code 334113) so why don't you actually go all out and apply for a 176 visa? The process will take a few months all in all but you will most likely get there eventually if you go down this route. Especially as you say you have been trying for sponsorship for 12 months and have got nowhere.

Dave

well for us its because he needs a qualification/course. All the stuff he can do is on the job training over the years. I've looked at courses but i cant seem to find any relevant ones and even if i could realistically its not going to work for us, dave could never afford to do a part time one because he'd have to come down from Oban everytime. I found one from a construction company, it was a SVQ 2 and you picked the units you wanted to do, drainage was one. I thought it sounded ideal as it was distance learning, he did all the assesments through his work and then someone came out to assess him. asked the migration agent and he said it wasnt acceptable and we'd be much better just to look for a sponsor as apparently we wouldnt need the drainage qualification if they would take us without it. So thats why

Guest The Irish 360

Hi all I'm new to all this ... I'm an operator in wa with just 4 months of a visa left .. I have got a job with a civil company that are willing to sponsor me as a drainer .. But I'm not qualified I've over 4 years experience from Ireland but very little in oz ... I'm wondering if it's possible for me to get sponsored or am I wasting my time ... I have all my machine tickets and licenses .... If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it....

if the company are willing to sponsor they usually take to do with it all ....u would have to supply proof of what u did and where ....it can take up to 6 months to get all this info together unless the company have already sponsored and know what they are doing ...cn i ask what company is sponsoring u ....as a friend has just got his through working for a civil company in perth

mrs keily

Guest The Irish 360

The company is set up for sponsorship for 457 visa s as they are currently sponsoring some formworkers and mechanics but I'm not sure if drainer falls into the same category ... The company didnt know much about being able to sponsor an operator as a drainer but I told them I think it's possible and they said if it's possible they'll do it ... It's a small company in the goldfields I don't want to give there name just yet as I don't start with them till Monday ... If it works for me I'll try help everyone else because I'm frustrated trying to do it in oz so I can't imagine wat it's like for people at home ... In your opinion would 4 years experience in Ireland and 4 months in Sydney be adequate proof of experience

to be honest im not sure what they look for experience wise for sponsorship ....i know it can be done as a friend of ours has just got his through ...my o/h got in as a drainer for permanent residency and the paperwork was horrendous ...we used an agent for this reason ...but dont let that stop you ...cause where theres a will theres a way .....took us over 10 yrs to get here ...but worth it in the end .....u say u have only 4 months left on ur visa .....but im sure if ur working in the goldfields in construction that would go towards ur regional work to qualify for a 2nd year ......hope it works out for you :)

mrs keily

hey mrs keily are you talking about tartan adam by any chance? if so hows he getting on over there? he used to live 5mins away from me! :)

yep thats the very man lol .....yeah him and emma are doin good ....they have become good friends with my daughter and her partner and we see them all the time ......adam used to work on the same site as my o/h back in scotland :) ...he now has his sponsorship as a drainer and looking forward to the next 4 yrs

julie x

thats great news!! i didnt personally know them but met him on here and found out hes from the next town, small world! Glad they're doing well over there! i thought maybe him and dave might know each other cos theres not that many plant operators round here but if he worked up at your oh's site then they prob didnt. Good luck to them both!! beats staying here anyway lol

Dave

Yes i know its on the list but 1 of the requirements is that you have been working for 12 mths of 24 mths before the application and he hasn't been so that's not an option unfortunately:cry:

he doesnt have any tickets as such its just the work he has done through the years ,he has a rigid lorry license also,the 12mth thing is for 176 or 175 visa so thats a no go,just think we would have some chance if he goes himself and see wot happens ........

Archived