Any families/couples moving to gold coast later this year?

[h=2]Hi all, we are a family of 5. Me and hubby are in early 40's with 3 boys: teenager (18), and a 9 and 6 year olds. Are any other families/couples moving to Gold Coast later this year? We anticipate getting a Case Officer in the near future and aim to emigrate around 3 months after getting our visas. Just thought it would be interesting to swap stories about where we're up to etc. [/h]

hi, good to hear from you. we first decided to emigrate four years ago. originally wanted to go to Perth and went on holiday there 2009 but I decided East Coast would suit us better. then we decided on the Gold Coast. how do your kids feel about emigrating? luckily our eldest is very definite about still wanting to come with us, it is our middle child who gets upset about leaving behind friends and family. I'm hoping that by keeping them busy in the first month or so it will distract him.

Guest jayne r

Hi,

My husband 8 year old daughter and i are hoping to move to gold coast this year, we are also in our early 40's where abouts are you looking to settle? we have thought pacific pines will be a good starting point

Jayne x

Hi we are a family of 6!! Me and my hubby are just doing our research from others on PIO, we have found more out in 3 days than we could have ever imagined! We have never been to Oz, but as we feel it could give us a better lifestyle as my hubbys a welder we are going for it! Was thinking of moving to Perth! Good luck in your journey xx

Hi,

My husband 8 year old daughter and i are hoping to move to gold coast this year, we are also in our early 40's where abouts are you looking to settle? we have thought pacific pines will be a good starting point

Jayne x

Hi, we are thinking of Robina. we've only heard good reports about this suburb and it seems to have everything were looking for eg good transport links (important with a teenager in the house!) and a good range of facilities. I like the fact there is lots of greenery too. where are you up to in your application?

good luck with your application, must be honest we're relieved to be near the end of ours. then the fun starts all over again when we finally move! Poms in Oz has an enormous amount of information on it, factual and just peoples opinions and experiences. hope everything works out for you and your family.

Our middle son is the one that is worried too, eldest and youngest cant wait to go. Our friends have just got back from holiday and have absolutly loved it. They are also going with their children (friends with mine) which if we are all lucky visa wise will make the move a little easier. :)

We are looking at moving around the Coomera, Robina area in August this year. We have a son who will be around 9 months olds. Im an Aussie so hubby is on a spouse visa. Lots and lots to do before we go! Good luck with the move and would love to meet up with people on arrival. x

Hi we are planning to move to Aus in 2014 after our eldest has completed her GCSE's. We have decided (so far) on the Goldcoast because it offers a piece of everything for us. So we are also investigating the suburbs and the characters they have. Helensvale and Currumbin look lovely but have you seen how awesome the shopping center is in Robina!!! Check this link http://www.robinatowncentre.com.au/directory

• 1 month later...
Hi we are planning to move to Aus in 2014 after our eldest has completed her GCSE's. We have decided (so far) on the Goldcoast because it offers a piece of everything for us. So we are also investigating the suburbs and the characters they have. Helensvale and Currumbin look lovely but have you seen how awesome the shopping center is in Robina!!! Check this link http://www.robinatowncentre.com.au/directory

hi, just to bear in mind. we also planned to emigrate when our eldest had completed his GCSEs. we have just got our visa and he has just finished A Levels! this means during our application process, he had turned 18 and then i was panicking about him having left school before our visas came through. everything seems to take longer than you imagine. sorry if I'm telling you something you already know and good luck with everything.

Hi, I have a family of 5, 2 girls (16 & 10) and 1 boy 15yrs, we are hoping to hear this week about our visa as my hubby is due to start his new job on 11th June.

me and the children won't join him UNTILL November when my fur-baby has to do the least amount of time in quarantine, we will be moving to robina as i have read and heard so many positives about it.

i would love to make some new friends and arrange a get together when I arrive, I'm sure it would help to settle more quickly.

Hi, I have a family of 5, 2 girls (16 & 10) and 1 boy 15yrs, we are hoping to hear this week about our visa as my hubby is due to start his new job on 11th June.

me and the children won't join him UNTILL November when my fur-baby has to do the least amount of time in quarantine, we will be moving to robina as i have read and heard so many positives about it.

i would love to make some new friends and arrange a get together when I arrive, I'm sure it would help to settle more quickly.

Hi Rebecca we are also a family of 5, (boys 6, 9 and 18). got our visa few weeks ago and aiming to get to Robina in september. would be great to keep in touch. are you having to stay to sell your house or are yours doing exams etc?

Hi Rebecca we are also a family of 5, (boys 6, 9 and 18). got our visa few weeks ago and aiming to get to Robina in september. would be great to keep in touch. are you having to stay to sell your house or are yours doing exams etc?

Hi giggle,

Thankfully I'm not waiting around for a house sell, im just waiting for the 2 eldest to complete their exams and finish school in July, but my main reasons for not going out with the hubby straight away is quarantine time for my dog, the least amount of days he can do is 30 so long as he has had is rabies vaccination 5 months prior to leaving.

This will give me time to arrange furniture shipping, selling the 2 cars and sorting banks and bills out.

robina look great and I've heard a lot of good things, I'm hoping to get the children into robina state high school, but I'm not sure if they will except my eldest, it means her repeating year 11 but she don't mind doing this, but I think they will advise she goes straight to TAFE college.

how about you, have you looked at schools/houses? Will you be renting or buying ? We will rent for 2yrs then apply for PR and then hopefully buy, that way we can get a feel for the place.

it will be nice to keep in touch and swap stories/ideas and so on.

Becky

• 1 month later...
Hiya

We moved out to the Gold Coast in March this year. We have two girls aged 10 and almost 9 :-) and we live in Coomera Waters. If you have any quesions or fancy meeting up when you get out here just yell :-)

yeah, I intend making contact with people like yourselves who've posted on this thread just before we arrive. we're booking flights before end of July for mid-september. I assume your girls started school during the school year (hoping to get ours into school in October so they'll have 3 months before the Oz summer hols). any tips for starting during the year rather than at the start of a new school year?

Hi - Yes, our started just after the Easter hols and have settled in really well. I don't think it really makes much difference whether they start mid year or at the start of the year really as it's not as if they will be studying the same things at the same level in Oz as they will be in the UK.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi, do you remember, we had some contact few months ago after my post 'anyone moving to Gold Coast this year'. Well we've arrived! now been here for a week and its finally sinking in that we are really here, it all seemed surreal the last month in UK. staying in Ashmore Holiday Village for a few weeks and starting to look at rentals in Robina and Helensvale at first. would love to keep in touch, let me know if I can help with anything ps the weather is great!

Hiya

We moved out to the Gold Coast in March this year. We have two girls aged 10 and almost 9 :-) and we live in Coomera Waters. If you have any quesions or fancy meeting up when you get out here just yell :-)

Hi, we finally arrived last week! still finding our feet but enjoying it so far. went to Surfers yesterday, it was breathtaking. We are staying in Ashmore Holiday Village for a few weeks and looking at rentals in robina and helensvale areas but not made up our minds yet. would love to meet up, maybe during half term for your kids?

Hi,

Jayne x

Hi, do you remember we 'chatted' few months ago when I asked if anyone moving to gold coast this year? well we're finally here! arrived last week, lovely timing as autumn creeping in in the UK and weather here is lovely. have you moved over yet? have heard that Pacific Pines has lots of Brits living there, we want somewhere on the main train line to Brisbane and not sure if that area is. we're considering robina or helensvale but not made decision yet. to be honest everywhere so far looks lovely. we're currently staying for a few weeks in Ashmore (ashmore holiday village). this is in a good location to do reccies and nice place to stay when you have kids. keep me posted on your move!

Hi, do you remember we 'chatted' few months ago when I asked if anyone moving to gold coast this year? well we're finally here! arrived last week, lovely timing as autumn creeping in in the UK and weather here is lovely. have you moved over yet? have heard that Pacific Pines has lots of Brits living there, we want somewhere on the main train line to Brisbane and not sure if that area is. we're considering robina or helensvale but not made decision yet. to be honest everywhere so far looks lovely. we're currently staying for a few weeks in Ashmore (ashmore holiday village). this is in a good location to do reccies and nice place to stay when you have kids. keep me posted on your move!

Hi giggle,

good to hear you are there, we move 18th oct from Adelaide yipppeee cant wait, packing up the house now!! We have just put an application in for a rental in Molendinar, its basically next to Ashmore and seems close to everything. Our first choices were Pacific Pines or Robina but this lovely house has come up and suburb is really central so hope we get it!!

Maybe we can all meet up??

Lorraine:cool:

Hi Giggle we've been here now for nearly seven weeks and also stayed in ashmore holiday village when we arrived. We are now staying in a rental property in pacific pines and our boys whom are 9 and 8 years have settled very well in the local school.My husband found a job quite quickly and starts next monday :) .We also have a daughter of 18 years whom is finding it difficult to settle in as she is missing her friends back home and it would be great if we could meet up .

Hi Giggle we've been here now for nearly seven weeks and also stayed in ashmore holiday village when we arrived. We are now staying in a rental property in pacific pines and our boys whom are 9 and 8 years have settled very well in the local school.My husband found a job quite quickly and starts next monday :) .We also have a daughter of 18 years whom is finding it difficult to settle in as she is missing her friends back home and it would be great if we could meet up .

Hi, yes would love to meet up. we are moving into a rental in Robina over the next week and getting younger boys (age 6 and 9) into school. My eldest who turned 19 last month is also finding it hard, like your teenager hes missing his friends and long term girlfriend. We're not used to spending so much time together! Hes starting to look for work so hope that will help. Let me know wheres best to meet up,would be good for the older ones to meet also so maybe some kind of restaurant or anywhere else you could suggest? Is your eldest at school? we have rented a car so can travel to meet up.

Hi, yes would love to meet up. we are moving into a rental in Robina over the next week and getting younger boys (age 6 and 9) into school. My eldest who turned 19 last month is also finding it hard, like your teenager hes missing his friends and long term girlfriend. We're not used to spending so much time together! Hes starting to look for work so hope that will help. Let me know wheres best to meet up,would be good for the older ones to meet also so maybe some kind of restaurant or anywhere else you could suggest? Is your eldest at school? we have rented a car so can travel to meet up.

Hi giggle my eldest is not doing anything at the moment but we are going to ashmore tafe today to see about enrolling her on a hairdressing course we could meet up at ashmore tavern later if you like for a few beers

Archived