Looking for meet-ups in Redlands or wynum - manly areas of Brisbane

Guest Tracypete

Guest Tracypete

I

we are a family of four, with two children, girl, 15 and boy,10, we recently moved to Birkdale, Redlands area of Brisbane and are looking to socialize and make new friends. I work full-time as a nurse in Brisbane, but most people at work are colleagues with well established friendships and social lifes. If you have no family here, which we don,t it can be difficult, it just becomes work, home, work, home and we need to get out more! If any expats living in the Redlands or wynnum, manly areas want to meet up for a drink or whatever. Please let us know, all replies appreciated, Thankyou, tracy & Pete

Guest Mearnsfamily4

Hi Tracey & Pete,

Hope you are settling in well to Birkdale its a lovely place. We live in Thornlands on the other side of Cleveland (not sure if you know it) about 15 mins drive from Birkdale and we love it here. We came to Australia 3 years ago from Portsmouth (although I'm a brummy and my hubby is an Essex boy) and had never set foot in the country and didn't know a soul! Brave or Stupid I'm not sure! We are both 40 somethings and have two kids although ours are a fair bit younger than yours Boy (6) and a girl (3) but we have managed to make a few good friends in the area and it would be nice to meet some more - we know what its like to have no family here! If you want to send me a message then perhaps we can meet up at some point - maybe down Wellington Point or something and have a coffee & a natter. :biggrin: Julie

Archived