176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Blimey - well I wish you all the luck in the world.

Oh my gosh - this is just the end of one part of a very very long journey for us, in which they stopped all offshore applications, didn't publish the state sponsorship lists for over half a year so that you didn't know if you had a skill on the list, rejected thousands of applications, changed the points test, changed the point scores for English and tweaked and re-tweaked just about every rule! Hence my levels of paranoia!!! I really can't quite believe we have even got to this point!:notworthy:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my gosh - this is just the end of one part of a very very long journey for us, in which they stopped all offshore applications, didn't publish the state sponsorship lists for over half a year so that you didn't know if you had a skill on the list, rejected thousands of applications, changed the points test, changed the point scores for English and tweaked and re-tweaked just about every rule! Hence my levels of paranoia!!! I really can't quite believe we have even got to this point!:notworthy:

I feel your pain and your paranoia; also been faffing about with this crapola for 4 years with a similar story. Had enough points a few years ago then all went south and every stage has been a massive challenge.

Still not confident even though I am on the home stretch. Could still fall at the last fence. :eek:

No change for me yet Jars. Meds last week so will hopefully hear something soon

Millie x

I feel your pain and your paranoia; also been faffing about with this crapola for 4 years with a similar story. Had enough points a few years ago then all went south and every stage has been a massive challenge.

Still not confident even though I am on the home stretch. Could still fall at the last fence. :eek:

No change for me yet Jars. Meds last week so will hopefully hear something soon

Millie x

how did your need go with your son? Did they ask for anything else?

how did your need go with your son? Did they ask for anything else?

They said if they needed any more info, they would be in touch. The doc said it all looked ok to him but said it would depend on what they thought in Sydney.

Millie x

Congrats redhelen, how exciting!!! When did you submit your application???

Hiya

We submitted our application at the beginning of May and as of Friday have now supplied everything including our PCCs.

Our application is based on my husband's job (web developer) so keeping everything crossed we're 'granted' soon so that we can

start making plans. I'm on maternity leave at the moment so it would be good to get this sorted before I have to return to

work as will hopefully have more time to do research into accommodation, shipping and flights and stuff.

Has anyone in May group had their visas granted yet and just out of interest, what are your jobs?

They said if they needed any more info, they would be in touch. The doc said it all looked ok to him but said it would depend on what they thought in Sydney.

Millie x

hope this bit is plain sailing for you Millie...x ours took 2 weeks from going for meds to granted!

Guest trailblazer

Hi friends, I am filling out my Form 80 :(

I will travel to Australia with my wife and our son, provided we get the grant. Both are included in application. Do I need to put their names in Part C - Travel to Australia Question 32?

hope this bit is plain sailing for you Millie...x ours took 2 weeks from going for meds to granted!

no that's for friends colleagues and if you are already in Aus according to my migration agent - I asked the same thing.

Any updates anyone? Fingers crossed for a good week!!

No CO yet, getting a bit concerned as we booked our medicals for the 25th June thinking it would def be sorted by then. How can 1 letter take a whole month to type.....AAaaaahhhh I have stopped checking every day as it is driving me mad but couldn't resist this morning. Congratulations on your visa, has hubby returned to celebrate yet?

So both our Meds were completed on Thursday, in Manchester at medmigration at the Bridgewater clinic and by the Friday had been uploaded-in fact when we got home we saw them upload them that very evening but obviously was Friday Adelaide time! The service there was wonderful from the Dr to the nurses that took our bloods/urine and the Radiographer who did the Xrays etc. Today our PCC's arrived and we had made the request for standard process on 31/5/12 requesting next day delivery! We got the email form police to say they were being processed on 13/6/12 and were indeed received on 1/6/12- so good old UK post office reliability. Now it is just wait wait wait......:SLEEP:

Thanks for this, we have our meds booked at Bridgewater. It's good to see a positive review. Fingers crossed for your grant any day now.

No CO yet, getting a bit concerned as we booked our medicals for the 25th June thinking it would def be sorted by then. How can 1 letter take a whole month to type.....AAaaaahhhh I have stopped checking every day as it is driving me mad but couldn't resist this morning. Congratulations on your visa, has hubby returned to celebrate yet?

That's ridiculous! What happened to the 4 week rule then..? Have you considered contacting DIAC yet or are you going to leave it a little bit longer. Fingers crossed for tomorrow

no news although the pccs are marked in my case as met and my partners as received -they must have been working on somebody elses file today!!!

One small step closer then - tomorrow, it has to be!

Just found out we won't be getting our visa for a while. Apparently the e- health system is down globally and DIAC don't know when it will be working again. Bit gutted as my doctor only comes in 1 day a week so isn't in again until next Saturday - deep breath!! :biggrin:

Just found out we won't be getting our visa for a while. Apparently the e- health system is down globally and DIAC don't know when it will be working again. Bit gutted as my doctor only comes in 1 day a week so isn't in again until next Saturday - deep breath!! :biggrin:

Hi Smitinoz, where did you find this out? At the place where I did my medical, the doc only comes in once a week (tuesday), so this will affect me also. When I did the medical, the doc explained that the e-health system is always causing problems and thats why they make you complete the two paper forms (which can be used as back-ups and posted). My doc uploaded the results of the general medical last thursday and is due to upload the x-ray and bloods tomorrow so this problem with e-health must have happened since then.

Hey,

My doc came in on Saturday to upload the bloods and xrays but it was down. When I spoke to clinic this morning they said it was still down but DIAC are working round the clock to fix it. My doc isn't due in again till Saturday - bugger!

Good luck with your upload tomorrow x

Hi Smitinoz, where did you find this out? At the place where I did my medical, the doc only comes in once a week (tuesday), so this will affect me also. When I did the medical, the doc explained that the e-health system is always causing problems and thats why they make you complete the two paper forms (which can be used as back-ups and posted). My doc uploaded the results of the general medical last thursday and is due to upload the x-ray and bloods tomorrow so this problem with e-health must have happened since then.

To be honest, I only have the clinics word on this, couldn't find anything on DIAC site.

Archived