176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Hiya

We also got our confirmation through this morning. What a relief and I've been genuinely shocked by how quickly this all came together

after our visa forms were submitted. Massive 3 year wait is now over and now comes the fun bit of organising how and when to move.

We're also heading to Melbourne Gareth, who have you booked flights with by the way, did you get a good deal on one-way?

Congratulations. We booked with Singapore- I did it in May. But secured a flexible ticket should things have not worked out in time. 2 adults, 3 kids came in at £2800. Thats the cheapest they do. We're having a one night stop in Singapore to break the journey up.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick update for anyone who is waiting for medicals to be uploaded - spoke to the clinic this morning and ehealth is still down - there is also a message on the DIAC website now too. Clinic confirmed that this is causing backlogs of meds to be uploaded and people should be prepared for delays - great eh! Knew I should have pre loaded them! X

Well I don't know how to say this...... em........ we got the grant this morning. thanks for all your support the last while during my meltdowns and panics. lets hope the rest of the day has more grants for us may gang folk.

Well you may have guessed myself & OH use same logon details here. Woken at 6am to shouts of "permanent residency"!!!!!! Wouldn't believe it until I read the email for myself. Still shocked. All I can say is that agents are NOT always right. He kept seeking additional employment evidence which we couldn't get and with my stern email on Thursday I forced him to submit what we had and although he wasn't too keen on doing so.......it was enough!!! Ok I know my OH has thanked you all for the support but I want to thank you too. You all kept us going and kept us positive and can't wait to meet up in person. When you're feeling like you're never going to get to the end of the road with this visa planning, trust me when I say IT WILL happen. Now C'mon have give us some more May grants!!!!!

Fabulous news for you both :jiggy:

Thanks Jars, oddly enough I had booked a days leave from work off tomorrow because I just needed a break so we can definitely party tonight!!!!!

You must have known, somehow - party, party, party :yes::yes:

Just a quick update for anyone who is waiting for medicals to be uploaded - spoke to the clinic this morning and ehealth is still down - there is also a message on the DIAC website now too. Clinic confirmed that this is causing backlogs of meds to be uploaded and people should be prepared for delays - great eh! Knew I should have pre loaded them! X

That's a bummer for all of you waiting on your meds to be finalised - you'd think they'd be able to get it fixed, and up and running, in double quick time, particularly right now :wacko:

Indeed Val. The clinic seems to think it will be a nightmare right up to 1 July now as clinics rush to upload their backlogs and last minute medicals. As long as office manager doesn't come off the SOL2 list I'm fairly relaxed about it all.

How is you application progressing?

So lovely to wake up to your Fabulous News fergamy - kicking ass with the agent did the trick!

no change on my status either.

Totally worked that email did.

Ill be keeping my fingers and ties crossed for the rest of you folk for grants soon. C'mon the May gang!

Well I don't know how to say this...... em........ we got the grant this morning. thanks for all your support the last while during my meltdowns and panics. lets hope the rest of the day has more grants for us may gang folk.

hooray! made my lunch break :biggrin:

Hi Smithinoz, do you know if this means clinics will have to revert to paper applications submitted via courier?

Hi Smithinoz, do you know if this means clinics will have to revert to paper applications submitted via courier?

No, I think they still prefer online submissions, but as there is now a backlog back to meds completed on or after the 9th June, the clinic is just warning people to prepare for delays. I think they plan to upload them in date order. Plus I guess if everyone rushes back on to the system as soon as it is working again, they will prob crash it! Not great news for us though. I just plan to keep an eye on the Immi website and cross everything!

No, I think they still prefer online submissions, but as there is now a backlog back to meds completed on or after the 9th June, the clinic is just warning people to prepare for delays. I think they plan to upload them in date order. Plus I guess if everyone rushes back on to the system as soon as it is working again, they will prob crash it! Not great news for us though. I just plan to keep an eye on the Immi website and cross everything!

Ah well, I'm sure it will get sorted at some stage. Damn it, why coudlnt I have been more organised and had my meds done earlier?! :confused:

Congrats fergamy!! What a great way to start the morning eh?

I wonder if the eHealth system crashed because of the influx of applications pre-1 July? Hope it gets sorted for you guys soon!

:swoon:You do know that just coz the system has crashed, it does not mean I won't still wake in the middle of the night at least twice to check!:nah: My meds do show as up loaded on the 15th- does this mean that they haven't really do you think? or is it just that they cant access them?

Not good news on the meds front, we have ours Thursday !

Also had slight panic attack this morning , OH had email saying his pcc's were being processed and I didn't then I had a voicemail whilst in work from Acro asking me to ring them.....started to panic even though havnt even had a speeding ticket in my life ....and it was all because I didn't tick two boxes on the form :embarrassed: Phew!!!

Congratulations, Fantastic news, lots of celebrations tonight then.:biggrin:

:swoon:You do know that just coz the system has crashed, it does not mean I won't still wake in the middle of the night at least twice to check!:nah: My meds do show as up loaded on the 15th- does this mean that they haven't really do you think? or is it just that they cant access them?

the results of your general medical would have been uploaded immediately but the x-ray and bloods take longer to process (a week in my case). If you check the document checklist on the visa status thingy again, you'll proabbly find that forms 26EH and 160EH are still listed as requested.

Oh anyone who had meds on or after 9th June are affected.

:arghh: Fan-bloody-tastic is all I can say. I called my clinic was told was up and running but just slow, but my med/bloods/xray are all there and ok, just need to be uploaded. By the look of it my OH medicals he had done in Kenya will get there and sorted before mine. Just more waiting, hopefully though they may take pity on us and give us the grant the next day. Fingers crossed anyway

the results of your general medical would have been uploaded immediately but the x-ray and bloods take longer to process (a week in my case). If you check the document checklist on the visa status thingy again, you'll proabbly find that forms 26EH and 160EH are still listed as requested.

Mmm I have one of those case officers. My whole document check list reads as either 'requested' or 'required'.:dull:

Millie x

Well that's the thing you see, on the front page they all show as received! Bloods xrays the whole kit and kaboodle-this is what confused me! Dr Smith also told me they would all be uploaded that weekend!

Plus I was told that IT are working round the clock to fix it.

i just checked my application status and my x-ray and bloods are now listed as recieved, so i think e-health might be back up and running (and they were only due to be uploaded by the clinic today).

i just checked my application status and my x-ray and bloods are now listed as recieved, so i think e-health might be back up and running (and they were only due to be uploaded by the clinic today).

That's really good news - tomorrow could be your day!

Archived