176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Guest chertique
Right well, thanks to the Singapore Police (very unusually) breaking the rules and allowing us to collect our PCCs instead of sending them and doing it in a week instead of 2, we have now uploaded our PCCs and with everything ticked off - we are just waiting for a grant now!!!

Please please please don't hang us out to dry with more sleepless nights..................

We're in the mix......good luck for those waiting!!!! Fingers crossed!!

Then you are very lucky.. for Malaysia, we need to wait at least 1 month, or up to 2 months for PCC. All our Meds already finalised, just waiting for PCC before the "GRANT" wait..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we are on verge of doing something we never dreamed of. Called DIAC today to be told our documents are with other departments for verification and they can not tell how long it might take. I believe, indirectly it means external checks are going on my file. How ridiculous! I have been living here in Australia for three years ( my OH for five), did my qualification assessment here, did my IELTS here and even studied a bit. And now after medicals and PCC they are verifying the documents. I don't understand what is there to be verified.

We are greatly disappointed and have decided to leave after all these years and spending all our earnings and savings on furnishing our house, studying locally and of course the visa file. We will be booking one way out-bound ticket in first week of July for middle of August. Hopefully would be able to convince rental agent to allow us to break the lease earlier and thus saving the bond. A very sad day :(

Aw Nishi I am so sorry to read this. You have been so unlucky with this. Is there no way you could hang in to let them carry on with whatever they are doing? I remember you saying something about being short on time for remaining in Australia. Could you get a bridging visa?

:hug::hug:

Millie x

Aw Nishi I am so sorry to read this. You have been so unlucky with this. Is there no way you could hang in to let them carry on with whatever they are doing? I remember you saying something about being short on time for remaining in Australia. Could you get a bridging visa?

:hug::hug:

Millie x

Millie I don't think we would like to hang around longer than August. Our file was pretty straight forward and every single document was genuine and simple. If they can't verify them in three months there is every possibility they won't be able to in next six month. I mean there are people who have got their visas within 20 days of application, and then there is our file which is being verified and scrutinized so deep- on which base? why there is no uniformity for these checks? I think they just randomly pick some file out of a pile and keep it for further checks just for the sake of it.

We have been so disappointed with this process and don't want to just wait here hopelessly wasting more time than we have already. BTW we are already on bridging which has been granted for till mid-August. We cancelled our substantive visa and got bridging. We told them we are waiting on result of our GSM 176 and if it doesn't come through in couple of weeks we need to get rid of furniture and other household stuff before we leave. That guy at immigration was so kind and gave us bridging for two months. If grant is to come it'll in coming week or we have set our mind on leaving for good.

Guest paulharrop

Hi Everyone, Just to keep everyone informed,we received our visa this morning and am feeling over the moon, started our visa journey back in January and sat all the tests possible,Guess we better look into flights for us and doggy!.

Hope everyone on here gets a nice speedy result!

Take care

Paul

Hi Everyone, Just to keep everyone informed,we received our visa this morning and am feeling over the moon, started our visa journey back in January and sat all the tests possible,Guess we better look into flights for us and doggy!.

Take care

Paul

Congratulations!!! :biggrin:

Just checked visa status. Granted. Strange feeling. Think it's going to take a couple of hours to register with me! Biggest relief is that I'll be able to sleep next week without waking up at 2-hourly intervals to check my e-mails!

Millie I don't think we would like to hang around longer than August. Our file was pretty straight forward and every single document was genuine and simple. If they can't verify them in three months there is every possibility they won't be able to in next six month. I mean there are people who have got their visas within 20 days of application, and then there is our file which is being verified and scrutinized so deep- on which base? why there is no uniformity for these checks? I think they just randomly pick some file out of a pile and keep it for further checks just for the sake of it.

We have been so disappointed with this process and don't want to just wait here hopelessly wasting more time than we have already. BTW we are already on bridging which has been granted for till mid-August. We cancelled our substantive visa and got bridging. We told them we are waiting on result of our GSM 176 and if it doesn't come through in couple of weeks we need to get rid of furniture and other household stuff before we leave. That guy at immigration was so kind and gave us bridging for two months. If grant is to come it'll in coming week or we have set our mind on leaving for good.

Nishi,

Please think about going back to see the guy who gave you the bridging visa before. I think you will have no problem getting another. They will understand. it isn't your fault that you have been so unlucky. Your case is straightforward so you will pass the checks. It's just a waiting game. it's awful but the visa will come because you have done everything right

Hope you hear something soon

Millie x

Take care

Paul

Congrats Paul :biggrin:

Just checked visa status. Granted. Strange feeling. Think it's going to take a couple of hours to register with me! Biggest relief is that I'll be able to sleep next week without waking up at 2-hourly intervals to check my e-mails!

Hurray!!! That's brilliant news. Enjoy your sleeps ........ X

I think we are on verge of doing something we never dreamed of. Called DIAC today to be told our documents are with other departments for verification and they can not tell how long it might take. I believe, indirectly it means external checks are going on my file. How ridiculous! I have been living here in Australia for three years ( my OH for five), did my qualification assessment here, did my IELTS here and even studied a bit. And now after medicals and PCC they are verifying the documents. I don't understand what is there to be verified.

We are greatly disappointed and have decided to leave after all these years and spending all our earnings and savings on furnishing our house, studying locally and of course the visa file. We will be booking one way out-bound ticket in first week of July for middle of August. Hopefully would be able to convince rental agent to allow us to break the lease earlier and thus saving the bond. A very sad day :(

Nishi I am so sorry to read your messages this morning. Don't really know what to say to you what Millie hasn't said already but just wanted you to know that I really feel for you guys. Just wait a couple more weeks and see how things go. Really thinking of you

Finally folks I am pleased to say I am sitting here with a visa grant!!!!!!! I would never have stayed the distance with this if it hadn't been for all the kind folks on PIO who have supported me all the way through this process. You guys have lifted me out of the doldrums on many occasions. Thank you so much everyone!!!:hug::hug::notworthy::notworthy:

The bollinger is in the frisdge for when I get home from work. Will maybe pick up another bottle on the way home!

Now time for that emoticon party!!

:wink::biggrin::cool::laugh::chatterbox::wubclub::cute::rolleyes::wub::jiggy::goofy:

OK, think I might be first out of the blocks this morning. Just checked visa status. Granted. Strange feeling. Think it's going to take a couple of hours to register with me! Biggest relief is that I'll be able to sleep next week without waking up at 2-hourly intervals to check my e-mails!

Fantastic news!!! Happy celebrating tonight :smile:

Finally folks I am pleased to say I am sitting here with a visa grant!!!!!!! I would never have stayed the distance with this if it hadn't been for all the kind folks on PIO who have supported me all the way through this process. You guys have lifted me out of the doldrums on many occasions. Thank you so much everyone!!!:hug::hug::notworthy::notworthy:

The bollinger is in the frisdge for when I get home from work. Will maybe pick up another bottle on the way home!

:wink::biggrin::cool::laugh::chatterbox::wubclub::cute::rolleyes::wub::jiggy::goofy:

Oh my word Molly, how wonderful!!!!!! You so deserved it after this monster of a wait!!! I am so happy for you. Yep, I would def get another bollinger lol. You must be so relieved!

Take care

Paul

Congrats Paul. Where are you heading to?

OH my god (Janice style - for all friends fans!). So happy for you Millie, after such a wait. How many times had you checked your emails last night?

At least you get get some decent night sleeps now too! Sending big hugs

Xx

i was reading these posts with great anticipation for you Millie...and finally that big fat congratulations is due! Well done, your CO showed common sense in the end...what a huge relief it must be for you, now go off, spring in your step and begin the next stage with a massive celebration.

Xxx

Finally folks I am pleased to say I am sitting here with a visa grant!!!!!!! I would never have stayed the distance with this if it hadn't been for all the kind folks on PIO who have supported me all the way through this process. You guys have lifted me out of the doldrums on many occasions. Thank you so much everyone!!!:hug::notworthy:

Hearty Congratulations Millie:ssign19::hug: You deserved this for long time. Oh can't believe you actually got it. Don't know what else to say. It's been long wait and long long journey for you. I wish you all the best for future and wish everything will be so easy for you and family. xoxo

Hearty Congratulations Millie:ssign19::hug: You deserved this for long time. Oh can't believe you actually got it. Don't know what else to say. It's been long wait and long long journey for you. I wish you all the best for future and wish everything will be so easy for you and family. xoxo

Hang on in there Nishi xx

Awesome news. Congratulations!!!

congratulations to you...

Congratulations to you and the gang. I'm so excited for all you that have that GRANTED email, im so jealous and im STILL waiting for a bloody Case Officer to be assigned to me...

:wink::biggrin::cool::laugh::chatterbox::wubclub::cute:TE]

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy the Bolly darling ( pats &eddy) :wink:

It's Freaky Friday Grant Day....................................uploaded our PCCs this morning and within 2 hours.........................

VISA GRANTED!!!!!:ssign19:

We don't Adam n Eve it!!!!!!! Get the frigg in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for a few more - congrats to the others who got theirs today!!!!!!!

It's Friday night, party night!!!!

Archived