176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Well I make that 4 VISA GRANTS - fan blooming tastic !

Huge congratulations to you all - paul, dave, millie and noble

Where's the party ?

:jiggy::yes::biggrin::jiggy::yes::biggrin:

Just wanting to wish you good luck with the medicals tomorrow and looking forawrd to seeing your visa grant post early next week :smile:

Big Big congratulations to all who got Visa today.:biggrin:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Freaky Friday Grant Day....................................uploaded our PCCs this morning and within 2 hours.........................

VISA GRANTED!!!!!:ssign19:

We don't Adam n Eve it!!!!!!! Get the frigg in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for a few more - congrats to the others who got theirs today!!!!!!!

It's Friday night, party night!!!!

Congrats lah :biggrin:

Guest trailblazer
Hi Trailblazer,Before I can advise you something about your situation I would like to ask you 2 things. firstly if you are applying from India getting pcc for govt employees is a piece of cake, and secondly can you tell me your wife's qualification? I've also applied for 176 along with my wife and am main applicant so can advise you. Hope to hear from you.

Hey dear, sure this is from India. My wife has done MCA, MSc -IT, PGDCA. The story is that she did her PGDCA and then MSc IT with lateral entry into fourth sem. Then she went on for MCA into 5th sem. Her MCA certificate and degree has got a spelling mistake in her name in english. So I got letters from the college from where she did PGDCA and institute where she studied her MSc IT (Distance Education). The first foolishness I did was not attaching any degree/dmc with documents and send only the letters. Later I scanned her DMCs and Degrees for MSc and PGDCA and uploaded. Her MCA degree is yet to reach us even after 40 days :( [the reason people leave India]. the CO visited last week and okayed all other stuff except her English. She can get 4.5 bands but it will stretch case to after 20 July.

Now for PCC. She was regularized in her post in last July. PSK girl told her that her PCC was done by her dept. but Police did not upload clearance stuff to their database, so they need to initiate fresh PCC request. Now she is on probation for two years and the department says that they cannot issue NOC to an employee on probation. I am afraid that if Police asks for NOC (though the guy took previous NOC we got when she applied for Passport in 2009, when she was contractual employee) it will be a big issue.

Sorry for a long rant :(

Guest sharmagaurav

I think we are on verge of doing something we never dreamed of. Called DIAC today to be told our documents are with other departments for verification and they can not tell how long it might take. I believe, indirectly it means external checks are going on my file. How ridiculous! I have been living here in Australia for three years ( my OH for five), did my qualification assessment here, did my IELTS here and even studied a bit. And now after medicals and PCC they are verifying the documents. I don't understand what is there to be verified.We are greatly disappointed and have decided to leave after all these years and spending all our earnings and savings on furnishing our house, studying locally and of course the visa file. We will be booking one way out-bound ticket in first week of July for middle of August. Hopefully would be able to convince rental agent to allow us to break the lease earlier and thus saving the bond. A very sad day :(

Dear Nishi, Let me tell you something which should get your spirits high....i'm not the best person to comment as i'm not aware of your personal circumstances, however i've been in your shoes. I applied for visa 485 which is graduate skilled visa after i finished my post grad and was straight forward case however was granted visa after 16 months....i know the mixed emotions you've got right now but you've got to carry on.......looking at your timeline and after all that you've achieved it would be a very bad decision to move out of oz.....another thing which i'm curious to know is how come you got 2 months bridging visa! Coz as far as i know if you make visa application onshore your existing visa gets cancelled and by default you acquire bridging visa until decision is made on your new visa....i would suggest you to keep a cool head coz a bad tempered decision can leave a painful scar....you've made it this far so why turn back now....onshore applicants are facing back log problem coz of introduction of skill select...

Guest sharmagaurav

hey may gang, Let us all keep fingers crossed and wish 2 grants for may gang for tomorrow before the weekend hits..and for next week minimum of 3 grants again...if you're with me give me a"HELL YEAH"
Hey may gang,i'll be very honest with all of you. Actually before I posted the above wish last night I crossed my fingers, said a little prayer and hoped it will be answered. I'm so glad it was answered. A huge congrats to our 4 visa grantees millie, dave, paul and noble. Its party time with peaceful sleep nights. All your hardwork, patience and restlessness has paid off..now moving on I wished for 2 grants only however we got 4 grants today. So statistically next week's 3 grants will turn out to be 6 grants in total. HOLLA CAN YOU HEAR ME :-) WATCHA YOU'RE GONNA DO BROTHER (DIAC) WHEN HULKAMANIA (MAY GANG) RUNS WILD ON YOU....

I think we are on verge of doing something we never dreamed of. Called DIAC today to be told our documents are with other departments for verification and they can not tell how long it might take. I believe, indirectly it means external checks are going on my file. How ridiculous! I have been living here in Australia for three years ( my OH for five), did my qualification assessment here, did my IELTS here and even studied a bit. And now after medicals and PCC they are verifying the documents. I don't understand what is there to be verified.

We are greatly disappointed and have decided to leave after all these years and spending all our earnings and savings on furnishing our house, studying locally and of course the visa file. We will be booking one way out-bound ticket in first week of July for middle of August. Hopefully would be able to convince rental agent to allow us to break the lease earlier and thus saving the bond. A very sad day :(

Hi Nishi,

That's awful, to say the least. I really hope that things will turn around before you leave. This is terrible. Wish I could do something but all I can do is wish. Please don't loose hope.

Guest Kev O

Hi anyone got any idea how long i will be waiting for a WA state sponsorship Visa? my migration agents are pretty good at taking my money but not so good with everything else :(

Hi there guys, been looking at the Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm and i read somewhere that group 4 is about a 12 month wait and the group 5 is even longer, Well i have been looking at this for about an hour now and still cant work it out... can anyone help me work out which group we are in... starting to think that we are in group 4 and that's why we dont have a CO yet...

Hi there guys, been looking at the Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm and i read somewhere that group 4 is about a 12 month wait and the group 5 is even longer, Well i have been looking at this for about an hour now and still cant work it out... can anyone help me work out which group we are in... starting to think that we are in group 4 and that's why we dont have a CO yet...

176 General Skilled Migration Applications are in group 3 as far as I am aware.

Just checked visa status. Granted. Strange feeling. Think it's going to take a couple of hours to register with me! Biggest relief is that I'll be able to sleep next week without waking up at 2-hourly intervals to check my e-mails!

Congrats fantastic news, enjoy un disturbed sleep next week. :biggrin:

It's Freaky Friday Grant Day....................................uploaded our PCCs this morning and within 2 hours.........................

VISA GRANTED!!!!!:ssign19:

We don't Adam n Eve it!!!!!!! Get the frigg in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for a few more - congrats to the others who got theirs today!!!!!!!

It's Friday night, party night!!!!

OMG, how quick is that, fantastic news, lots of people celebrating tonight then.:biggrin:

What an amazing start to the day! So pleased for those who rec'd grants this morning. Hopefully next week we can start clearing the backlog on the rest of us who are still in limbo. Xx

Hey Smithinoz, Saturday has finally arrived for so (almost) so heed hoping your Doc gets it all sorted tomorrow for you!!!!

I think we are on verge of doing something we never dreamed of. Called DIAC today to be told our documents are with other departments for verification and they can not tell how long it might take. I believe, indirectly it means external checks are going on my file. How ridiculous! I have been living here in Australia for three years ( my OH for five), did my qualification assessment here, did my IELTS here and even studied a bit. And now after medicals and PCC they are verifying the documents. I don't understand what is there to be verified.

We are greatly disappointed and have decided to leave after all these years and spending all our earnings and savings on furnishing our house, studying locally and of course the visa file. We will be booking one way out-bound ticket in first week of July for middle of August. Hopefully would be able to convince rental agent to allow us to break the lease earlier and thus saving the bond. A very sad day :(

Nishi, I'm repeating what everyone else is saying but don't pack it in. This whole process is possibly the most stressful thing we've had to go through (well for me anyway).you are nearly there and have come so far and you can't leave before us May gang get to meet you so try sit tight and hold on as you're day of grant will come and you'll be hopping around like crazy screaming I'm glad I waited!!!

Archived