176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Good morning all and hope you all have a great weekend, I know that the new grantees will...:cute:... Well we will be setting off soon for our med in Manchester, Never been there before. So will have nice walk around if its not raining... You never know there might be even MORE grants waiting in email boxes as we speak. Well Talk to you guys later when we get back...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning all and hope you all have a great weekend, I know that the new grantees will...:cute:... Well we will be setting off soon for our med in Manchester, Never been there before. So will have nice walk around if its not raining... You never know there might be even MORE grants waiting in email boxes as we speak. Well Talk to you guys later when we get back...

Good luck with the meds

Millie x

Good luck with the meds , only took 1 1/2 hours to do 4 of us so hope your not waiting around too long!

Guest Ginjafro

Our 176 was supposed to have been submitted to WA, the week beginning 7th May 2012, however we have still not had any news. At first we put it down to a rush of applications to beat the July deadline. However, the WA Government news site states the following:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/LatestNews.aspx

"Current Processing Times

6:00pm WST - 22 June 2012

State Sponsorship

Applications for State Sponsorship received on or before 15 June 2012 have now been processed.

Please take the current processing time of 5 working days into account if you are planning on making an application to Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) on or before 30 June 2012."

I have contacted them today and asked them to confirm if and when our application for state sponsorship was received and lodged? I don't expect a reply until at least Monday.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Our 176 was supposed to have been submitted to WA, the week beginning 7th May 2012, however we have still not had any news. At first we put it down to a rush of applications to beat the July deadline. However, the WA Government news site states the following:

State Sponsorship

Applications for State Sponsorship received on or before 15 June 2012 have now been processed.

Please take the current processing time of 5 working days into account if you are planning on making an application to Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) on or before 30 June 2012."

I have contacted them today and asked them to confirm if and when our application for state sponsorship was received and lodged? I don't expect a reply until at least Monday.

Hi there we received a confirmation email the day we submitted our SS form to WA, the day after we received our SS (even though the website said 5 days processing time) all was confirmed by email. Ali

Hi Ginjafro- when you say supposed to have been submitted do you mean by an agent?-everyone who has submitted on this May thread for wa state sponsorship has heard back within a short time scale and at most two weeks! If so I would suggest you ask your agent what has happened and for the application number! You receive this when you apply.

Guest Ginjafro
Hi Ginjafro- when you say supposed to have been submitted do you mean by an agent?-everyone who has submitted on this May thread for wa state sponsorship has heard back within a short time scale and at most two weeks! If so I would suggest you ask your agent what has happened and for the application number! You receive this when you apply.

Yes, it was via an Agent and we are trying to find out what is happening and get the application number, thanks for your advice.

Well finally uploaded both pcc's mine arrived today , hubby's 2 days ago. Just awaiting the meds now :wub:

I know this has been posted before but which date is used for the date you have to be in oz before is it the pcc's or the meds??

thanks

Well finally uploaded both pcc's mine arrived today , hubby's 2 days ago. Just awaiting the meds now :wub:

I know this has been posted before but which date is used for the date you have to be in oz before is it the pcc's or the meds??

thanks

Ooohhh great, not long now then!

Whichever was done first, so looking at your timeline it will be the PCC date

State Sponsorship

Hi I agree with JohnAli, most applications granted within a few days, some even hours. Ours were backin 2 days, we also are using an agent, but they kept us posted at every stage. I would be pushing your agent to find out whats going on, if they were any good they would have already investigated:biggrin: for you, especially with the deadline looming. Good luck

thanks

Whichever date is the earliest of either the PCCs or meds.

Guest sharmagaurav

VISA Granted Today. Thanks to everyone for the help. See you down under
heartly congrats luch......let the music play and keep the good news of grants rolling in for the may gang

Guest sharmagaurav

Hey dear, sure this is from India. My wife has done MCA, MSc -IT, PGDCA. The story is that she did her PGDCA and then MSc IT with lateral entry into fourth sem. Then she went on for MCA into 5th sem. Her MCA certificate and degree has got a spelling mistake in her name in english. So I got letters from the college from where she did PGDCA and institute where she studied her MSc IT (Distance Education). The first foolishness I did was not attaching any degree/dmc with documents and send only the letters. Later I scanned her DMCs and Degrees for MSc and PGDCA and uploaded. Her MCA degree is yet to reach us even after 40 days :( [the reason people leave India]. the CO visited last week and okayed all other stuff except her English. She can get 4.5 bands but it will stretch case to after 20 July.Now for PCC. She was regularized in her post in last July. PSK girl told her that her PCC was done by her dept. but Police did not upload clearance stuff to their database, so they need to initiate fresh PCC request. Now she is on probation for two years and the department says that they cannot issue NOC to an employee on probation. I am afraid that if Police asks for NOC (though the guy took previous NOC we got when she applied for Passport in 2009, when she was contractual employee) it will be a big issue.Sorry for a long rant :(

Dear trailblazer, please don't say it as rant, it gives a good snapshot of your situation.Now see as per english requirements for your partner is concerned i understand you don't want to stretch it till 20th july for ielts then i'll suggest you to look at Diac's site under 176 eligibility for secondary applicant for other ways to prove english language requirement. This option is only applicable if you are not claiming points for partner skills. Have a thorough read and i'm sure you'll have a way. Now coming on to PCC there are no guidelines which discriminates the state of employment i.e whether probationary or permanent for govt employees to be eligible for it. As far as NOC which was required back in 09 is mandatory as you/your partner applied for passport. If you still face any difficulty as per pcc best thing would be to get your local pcc from sp office and then make application at your nearest passport office. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys for all the good luck, We are back from the spire... Well,a 1 hour and 45 minutes journey ended up been a 2 hours 45 journey. I think, the Olympic flame was been passed around somewhere around there, Well, i didnt do my home work for that one... Luckily we set off 2 hours early, and was going to have a quick look around there, But that never happened, But did get to see Manchester united's old trafford... The all thing was quick, but i had to have the hepatitis b blood test as i have tattoos (another £85, Buggers)... Did any one else have a medical there 2day. Did see a young family there and wondered if there on here...

Thanks guys for all the good luck, We are back from the spire... Well,a 1 hour and 45 minutes journey ended up been a 2 hours 45 journey. I think, the Olympic flame was been passed around somewhere around there, Well, i didnt do my home work for that one... Luckily we set off 2 hours early, and was going to have a quick look around there, But that never happened, But did get to see Manchester united's old trafford... The all thing was quick, but i had to have the hepatitis b blood test as i have tattoos (another £85, Buggers)... Did any one else have a medical there 2day. Did see a young family there and wondered if there on here...

Another step closer for you guys. Did they say when they will upload the results?

Another step closer for you guys. Did they say when they will upload the results?
Hi there Jars, He said no later then next saturday... But we still have to get this Australian police check yet... So will be printing that off 2moro and getting it ready to send...

Guest sharmagaurav

hey everyone, I've got something to share with all of you which I came to know today from registered MARA agent in Australia itself. If you've done online application for 176 and it shows just 2 lines as application fee received and application received then it means there's no CO allocated so far, however if there's a third line stating application being processed further its clear indication of CO being allocated. Another thing which she mentioned is usually co's don't mail unless they want some more information or clarification as per documents submitted. Last but not least, the last quarter is the busiest one for diac with applications mounting roughly 20-30k. Also updating docs stats is only done once co is contended with documents submitted by us. I hope all of you who are still awaiting for co allocation would love it now if there's 3rd line stating Application being processed further. Good luck everyone.

Guest sharmagaurav

Hi there Jars, He said no later then next saturday... But we still have to get this Australian police check yet... So will be printing that off 2moro and getting it ready to send...
Hey sh3p69, as said by Jars another step closer towards the goal.....with AFP check it won't take long....max 10-12 days depending on your local postal services......mine took about a month as Indian postal services are famous for being actively lazy :-)

Glad everything went ok today.

I can't recall ever seeing a grant on a Saturday? I have seen CO allocation though. Anyone else?

Did anyone get a grant today?

All of our things were finalised on Thursday so I was hoping we would hear today!

Have to wait until the new week now.

No rush as no one seems to want to buy our house!!

Archived