176 lodged May 2012

Jars

So was thinking, in the May spreadsheet thingy, maybe if we put in a section for expected date of arrival in Oz and where we plan on living, what you guys think?

yup - but seems not many are going to Melbourne! perhaps i'll send a cut out...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gavnikgab

hi guys

new to this signed up about 10 mins ago. Lodged my 176 visa app for skillled state sponsorship to Wa on 13-6-12 under general electrician. just wanted to know roughly how long anyone had to wait to find out anything from DIAC and how long case officer took? not heard anything about medicals yet etc.

also any sparks on here who are already there ? whats work like ?

Like to see lot of people taking the plunge down under went there back in 2005 and was best year ever. cant believe its taken me over 6 years to pull my finger out and get on with it to get back there. Well done on the people who have been granted.

look forward to any info

Cheers

hi guys

new to this signed up about 10 mins ago. Lodged my 176 visa app for skillled state sponsorship to Wa on 13-6-12 under general electrician. just wanted to know roughly how long anyone had to wait to find out anything from DIAC and how long case officer took? not heard anything about medicals yet etc.

also any sparks on here who are already there ? whats work like ?

Like to see lot of people taking the plunge down under went there back in 2005 and was best year ever. cant believe its taken me over 6 years to pull my finger out and get on with it to get back there. Well done on the people who have been granted.

look forward to any info

Cheers

Welcome!

CO allocation is anything from a couple of days to more than a month! There seems to be no system to it, so just stay patient and keep checking your emails ( so much easier said than done, I know!) :smile: None of the May gang have gone over yet but have a look in the 176 March gang as someone recently posted about their first few days in Perth.

Good luck with your application!

Guest gavnikgab

thanks Jars. all the people are great on here and looks like everyone gets on and all look forward to oz. Good to know a lot of us english over there in same scenario.

Guest flossiebess

Hey Gavin. We are already here on a 457. There's plenty of work for sparks. My hub is one as well :)

Guest Kimberlyusa

Hi all on May gang,

Sorry to bump into this thread as I applied 1/6 but since you all just recently went through your meds hoped you might have an answer to my question. Entire family completed meds on 19/6, Dr. office says they uploaded (ehealth) on 22nd and also overnighted a paper copy to Sydney that I tracked and was delivered Monday 25/6 but still nothing showing up as received when I check status. Is it suppose to take awhile? Starting to stress because our 28 days is running out soon from when requested by co on 7/6 and since co has not responded to any of my emails I am dreading having to make that phone call direct.

Thanks for all help/advice.

Hi all on May gang,

Sorry to bump into this thread as I applied 1/6 but since you all just recently went through your meds hoped you might have an answer to my question. Entire family completed meds on 19/6, Dr. office says they uploaded (ehealth) on 22nd and also overnighted a paper copy to Sydney that I tracked and was delivered Monday 25/6 but still nothing showing up as received when I check status. Is it suppose to take awhile? Starting to stress because our 28 days is running out soon from when requested by co on 7/6 and since co has not responded to any of my emails I am dreading having to make that phone call direct.

Hi

Don't worry,, all will be fine

I emailed our case officer after medical exams and said words to the effect; I wish to advise you that our med exams were completed on ............ I trust all is in order. Please advise me if you require any further info

I expect they are backed up a bit with an influx of apps for the deadline

Good luck with it all. you will hear very soon

Millie x

Hi all on May gang,

Hiya

I had a few issues with my meds due to the system crash last week. I just emailed my CO and global health - all sorted in a couple of days.

Hi, lots of grants since the last time I looked at the spreadsheet. Well done everyone.

We are off for our medicals this morning. The bribery has already started... My 4 year old is the least willing. She still hasn't opened her mouth at the dentist or spoke to a stranger who doesn't work at the Disney store. I'm hoping she doesn't need to be touched or questioned.

One sulky teenager, but she's happy to get the day off school..

Haven't told our lad yet.

Made the OH put on black boxers instead of the Animal from sesame street he had picked out... as if anyone cares...and now I'm off to find an under wear set suitable....

I admit I may be stressing a little, for no good reason.

Hoping this is the last hurdle before our golden ticket. Then the journey starts.

Talie

Hi, lots of grants since the last time I looked at the spreadsheet. Well done everyone.

We are off for our medicals this morning. The bribery has already started... My 4 year old is the least willing. She still hasn't opened her mouth at the dentist or spoke to a stranger who doesn't work at the Disney store. I'm hoping she doesn't need to be touched or questioned.

Made the OH put on black boxers instead of the Animal from sesame street he had picked out... as if anyone cares...and now I'm off to find an under wear set suitable....

Hoping this is the last hurdle before our golden ticket. Then the journey starts.

Talie

This made me laugh so much - just had images of the conversations in your house over underwear! :laugh:Good luck with your medicals. I'm sure it will all go well. Another step closer!

Talie

Good luck with the meds my 3 1/2 year old exactly the same as your 4 year old!! He just had to be weighed , height taken asked him a few colours of things. They do have to use the stethoscope to listen to their heart etc and have a feel of their tummy. The doctor was really good and let him hold the stethoscope on himself and she let my 7 year old come in with us too.

Hope it all goes ok!

Guest Dumbo

Hi everybody...

I got my visa last week!!! I took almost 3 weeks to sort the police certificates out but everything went fine.

Good luck!

Hi everybody...

I got my visa last week!!! I took almost 3 weeks to sort the police certificates out but everything went fine.

Good luck!

Great news!! Congratulations. Well, that's everyone then who applied the first week of May.

Guest Rocketship

Hi everybody, delighted to say our visa was granted this morning!!! Can't take the smile off my face! Best of luck to everyone else.

Hi everybody, delighted to say our visa was granted this morning!!! Can't take the smile off my face! Best of luck to everyone else.

Brilliant news!!! Happy celebrating. See you in WA

Congratulations to you as well, There's only a few of us now to go in this May gang...

Talie

Good Luck... which one are you going to, we went to the spire in Manchester last saturday and they were all really good, and it didnt take as long as i expected... The underwear situation was the same with me, was going to wear my HE-MAN ones but changed at the last minute, glad i did as he told me to undress down to my underwear...:err:

Hi there guys just a quick one, If i had a CO and never got an email from them will i still be able to upload my Oz police check when it comes, as the 28 day gap to upload docs has already passed...:animal-frog:

Guest thangvan

Just phone Singapore Police today, wasn't a pleasant call, and I was informed that my COC would not be available next week. Taking into account 5 working days for register mail, my COC will not reach CO around 9 or 10 July earliest. Wondering why it takes so long for them just to issue a COC, or may be they consider that COC is a privilege for Singa only, not a foreigner like I am:chatterbox:

Hi there guys just a quick one, If i had a CO and never got an email from them will i still be able to upload my Oz police check when it comes, as the 28 day gap to upload docs has already passed...:animal-frog:

If you have any trouble uploading the docs, there is a generic email address you can send things to. I couldn't upload anything so sent all my docs via email before CO allocation - they obviously got them. :biggrin:

Congratulations to you as well, There's only a few of us now to go in this May gang...

Hmm, sh3p69, we are only few left. Don't know when we would hear the magic words. Fingers crossed for all of us. Can anybody provide a list of person here who still haven't got and waiting eagerly.

:biggrin:

Archived