176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who need to open Oz bank accounts - Filled in my NAB bank account applications on Friday evening, got an email this morning with bank account numbers and personal banker details this morning. Pretty quick turnaround. :biggrin:

I think we were going to go for NAB too

I think we were going to go for NAB too

I had a similar experience with ANZ, very fast followed up by a phone call in which nobody tried to sell me anything extra or discuss how to get more for a buck. Very refreshing. Normally my heart sinks every time the phone company or the bank phones here and I have to invent some catastrophe to get off the phone. :dull:

Millie x

Well, just got in from work and AGAIN the first thing i did was check the DIAC website, Even that i know its 1.30 in the morning... And Bet i check it another 5 times before i go to bed... I cant put the laptop down...is this what it feels like when reading that fifty shades of grey...:animal-cow:

UTTERLY SPEECHLESS Email received saying case officer on hol untill next week i cant believe it.

I think they might be on holiday with mine...:wideeyed:

It will come quick and when your not expecting it...

Well, just got in from work and AGAIN the first thing i did was check the DIAC website, Even that i know its 1.30 in the morning... And Bet i check it another 5 times before i go to bed... I cant put the laptop down...is this what it feels like when reading that fifty shades of grey...:animal-cow:
Lol I have just finished reading 50 shades and the next two books are sold out and yes this hasn't put me in a good mood either- good observation sh3p69 haha

UTTERLY SPEECHLESS Email received saying case officer on hol untill next week i cant believe it.

That is really awful - like others have said I'm surprised that they would take a holiday when they're in the midst of revamping the entire visa application system. But I have read on other forums that in some cases, people will be assigned one CO and then another CO will send along the grant email (presumably because the first CO was on holiday or something). So I don't think that your case is going to be at a complete standstill.

Guest chertique

Yahoooooooooooooooooooo!!! Visa Granted this morning!!@!

Thank you to the May gang for all your support!!!

hi all, may i seek advice again? my application status showed 'health requirement outstanding, medical examination, chest xray and HIV test required'. Shall I preceed with the medical examination before anyone instructed me to do so? as well as the police clearance ? no co allocated yet. many thanks..

hi all, may i seek advice again? my application status showed 'health requirement outstanding, medical examination, chest xray and HIV test required'. Shall I preceed with the medical examination before anyone instructed me to do so? as well as the police clearance ? no co allocated yet. many thanks..

Some people go ahead and get it done if their case is straightforward. However, there is no telling how long the June back log is at the moment so if it were me I would wait until you have a CO

Millie x

Can lah.

If you want a faster grant then you can front-load your Meds and PCCs. Do note that you'll only have a year from the date on your Meds/PCC (whichever is earlier) to activate your visa. Good luck.

Mine took almost 8 weeks - sure you will hear soon. Has your status changed to progressing further yet? X

Thanks for the reply smithinoz. No change in the status either. Still says "Application received - Processing commenced".

Was this the case in your application too?

Well this morning I decided to tel Adelaide, however having waited on line for over 15 mins, they did not take m file number and asked what the nature of my query was-I explained that all my docs had been received on the 18th June according to the web site but no decision had yet been made, they just said it was normal and it can take up to a couple of months anyway even when all docs are showing as met- I feel so fobbed of!

Archived