176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Tia2 !!!!! Fantastic to see another grant. :biggrin:

So we are waiting on Sh3p69, nycplanner, nishi. There are probably more.

Here's hoping you guys have the visa asap. Will keep an eye out

Millie x

WoW.... another grant... Congratulations to you... Cant even imagine how you are feeling, dont get to drunk 2night... I think there's only me left to get one...

No, theres still a few of us left, wish it was true but sadly not:sad:

I think there's only me left to get one...

I'm in line too. What is worst is that everything is "met" on my checklist since 06.07 :sad: and from then on no sign. I wonder if there is something wrong or it's only a question of luck. I've lost my hope to have the grant this week... maybe next one is the lucky one... :sad:

Thank you so much guys. I'm sure the rest of you who are left won't have to wait too much longer. Such a mixture of feelings. So happy and excited but sad at the thought of leaving loved ones. Including my springer spaniel and 2 cats, I can't look at them without feeling guilty!

I'm in line too. What is worst is that everything is "met" on my checklist since 06.07 :sad: and from then on no sign. I wonder if there is something wrong or it's only a question of luck. I've lost my hope to have the grant this week... maybe next one is the lucky one... :sad:

Hope your grant comes tomorrow Eugen. Let is know how you get on

Millie x

Looks like we're still in the same boat shelly. It seems like they're taking longer to switch over meds from referred to finalised. So frustrating.

Thought this morning was going to be the day, but again still referred, and now another long weekend wait til Monday:arghh:

Congratulations Tia2 !!!!! Fantastic to see another grant. :biggrin:

So we are waiting on Sh3p69, nycplanner, nishi. There are probably more.

Here's hoping you guys have the visa asap. Will keep an eye out

Millie x

So there are only 5 of us left in the May gang, nycplanner, nishi, shelly23, Eugen and me, is there any more people waiting... Well good luck guys anyway and have a great weekend and it WILL happen soon, we might not be celebrating this weekend but we will be next weekend (hopefully) Or the weekend after that,Or the one after that one...LoL :wink:

Thought this morning was going to be the day, but again still referred, and now another long weekend wait til Monday:arghh:

My OH is still saying referred and mine finalised, They seem to taking ages to change... is it the main applicant on yours shelly23 that is saying referred as my partner is the main applicant and im just the tagalong...:animal-cow:

My OH is still saying referred and mine finalised, They seem to taking ages to change... is it the main applicant on yours shelly23 that is saying referred as my partner is the main applicant and im just the tagalong...:animal-cow:

No I'm main applicant, mine and daughters are finalised, but OH had his done in Kenya and sent by post, only received last week and went straight to referred, just waiting for it to finalise, soooooo frustrating, definately thought it was going to be our week this week, but no, now don't think it will be next week. Which team are you. Were in team 2, maybe CO on holiday or sick, waiting is awful:mad:

No I'm main applicant, mine and daughters are finalised, but OH had his done in Kenya and sent by post, only received last week and went straight to referred, just waiting for it to finalise, soooooo frustrating, definately thought it was going to be our week this week, but no, now don't think it will be next week. Which team are you. Were in team 2, maybe CO on holiday or sick, waiting is awful:mad:

We are also in team 2... They might be on one of them team building trips, were there all playing around in the bush and pulling each other out of muddy puddles...:err:

Guest sharmagaurav
I am so happy for you - big congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Good luck with all the packing and you really are going to be in Oz very soon with a deprture date of 23rd July :biggrin:

Hi Val,

Thanks for your wishes.......

I know and still can't believe it.........since the grant day everyday I wake up and tell my wife if I am dreaming then let this dream go on till 24th July when you can finally pinch me and ask me to wake up to see reality........:wink:

waiting eagerly to get there.........:laugh:

Guest sharmagaurav
WoW.....................The hard work paid off...Likewaitingawhile said, This is one of the nicest Grant post i have seen on here,and you also have given much support to me and the others on here, i hope youkeep in touch now you have the grant...Well a massive congratulations toyouand hope you enjoy the journey, and your right about the big gamble with theflights but you knew in your hart that it was going to happen soon...

Good Luck...:jiggy:

Hey buddy,

Thank you so much for all your support.............I'm sure your grant is on its way soon.........:cool:

I will surely be in touch with this discussion forum and keep you all posted of new happenings at my end..........the latest one being my wife going mad at me while i am on laptop...........got so many things in mind........:laugh:

With the flights you are correct it was a big gamble but honestly if you believe in something then its for sure to happen soon.........

:happy_face_outlaw_s

keeping fingers crossed for all the remaining members.........:notworthy:

Guest sharmagaurav
Many congratualtions sharmagaurav!! Really happy for you :hug:

:ssign19:

Hi Lapie,

thanks for not only your wishes but all your support..........I am so happy to be a part of such an amazing group.........:notworthy:

keeping fingers crossed for you.........I'm sure you'll get CO one day and the very next day all docs will go to met and you'll be on a roll........:happy_face_outlaw_s

Guest sharmagaurav
Visa granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :)

Hearty congratulations to you Tia2...........:rolleyes::happy_face_cowboy_w

let the music play:hug::ssign19:

Guest sharmagaurav
I hope it does Millie. This waiting is taking its toll as I haven't slept for so many nights. I don't feel like doing anything and have stopped buying anything at all but basic necessity things like milk, bread and vegs. It's like life has come to a complete stop sign.:confused:

Dear Nishi, Let me tell you something which should get your spirits high....i'm not the best person to comment as i'm not aware of your personal circumstances, however i've been in your shoes. I applied for visa 485 which is graduate skilled visa after i finished my post grad and was straight forward case however was granted visa after 16 months....i know the mixed emotions you've got right now but you've got to carry on.......looking at your timeline and after all that you've achieved it would be a very bad decision to move out of oz.....another thing which i'm curious to know is how come you got 2 months bridging visa! Coz as far as i know if you make visa application onshore your existing visa gets cancelled and by default you acquire bridging visa until decision is made on your new visa....i would suggest you to keep a cool head coz a bad tempered decision can leave a painful scar....you've made it this far so why turn back now....onshore applicants are facing back log problem coz of introduction of skill select...

We are also in team 2... They might be on one of them team building trips, were there all playing around in the bush and pulling each other out of muddy puddles...:err:

I believe team 2 is slowest and the one where most medicals go referred ( so did my OH's). Ours is also team 2, OH's medicals were referred to Commonwealth Medical Officer and results have already been received by the department. I was pretty sure this is going to be our week too, but nope they always seem to prove me wrong whenever I'm anticipating 'the grant'. Let's see how the next week would be like.:angel_happy_face_ha

No sh3p69, i am also with you 5. I applied on 21/5 & got al met except meds+pcc on 31/5. Then meds done on 9/6. but still no response, even no mail from CO. Could you please advise me what to do? should i rang to diac?

So there are only 5 of us left in the May gang, nycplanner, nishi, shelly23, Eugen and me, is there any more people waiting... Well good luck guys anyway and have a great weekend and it WILL happen soon, we might not be celebrating this weekend but we will be next weekend (hopefully) Or the weekend after that,Or the one after that one...LoL :wink:

Dear Nishi, Let me tell you something which should get your spirits high....i'm not the best person to comment as i'm not aware of your personal circumstances, however i've been in your shoes. I applied for visa 485 which is graduate skilled visa after i finished my post grad and was straight forward case however was granted visa after 16 months....i know the mixed emotions you've got right now but you've got to carry on.......looking at your timeline and after all that you've achieved it would be a very bad decision to move out of oz.....another thing which i'm curious to know is how come you got 2 months bridging visa! Coz as far as i know if you make visa application onshore your existing visa gets cancelled and by default you acquire bridging visa until decision is made on your new visa....i would suggest you to keep a cool head coz a bad tempered decision can leave a painful scar....you've made it this far so why turn back now....onshore applicants are facing back log problem coz of introduction of skill select...

hey sharmagaurav,

As you would have seen in my signature that visa subclass I've applied for is 176 which is an offshore visa application and bridging is issued only to bridge the gap between processing of new onshore visa application and expiry of your last onshore visa. Thus I'm not eligible for bridging visa. Two months time was the longest the Councillor at immigration office could provide us given we provide him with out-bound tickets which we did.

Earlier it was sort of black out as we didn't know what's happening with our file but last week we got to know that OH's medicals were sent for further checks and it took around two months. So at least we know they were doing something on our application. Now that everything is done and referred, I think we are very close to the final grant. There is still more than month's time remaining before we fly out so keeping fingers crossed.:biggrin:

I believe team 2 is slowest and the one where most medicals go referred ( so did my OH's). Ours is also team 2, OH's medicals were referred to Commonwealth Medical Officer and results have already been received by the department. I was pretty sure this is going to be our week too, but nope they always seem to prove me wrong whenever I'm anticipating 'the grant'. Let's see how the next week would be like.:angel_happy_face_ha

I am also in Team 2, we had our meds on the 25th June, mine and my three children all changed to finalised three days later, but my wife's was "referred" yet we have all the hard copies from the doctors stating we are all in good health, From the start of this process to now i have developed huge amounts of patience after dealing with TRA, SS WA and now dealing with co!!!. I tell myself every night not to go through the same old rigmarole tomorrow and leave the lap top alone!! but at 5.45am every morning i spring out of bed and race down stairs only to be disappointed again, its a great way to start your working day!!!!!:arghh:

(By the way well done to all the successful applicants).

Archived