176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Guys, all of my docs are met, just made 2nd instalment payment yesterday. How long does it take for them to grant a visa? please share your experiences

for me it was about 2 weeks form meds being finalised, but i didn't have a second instalment to pay.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, a newbie to post on this site but have been following you all on this thread. We've been granted our 176 WA visa, applied 1/5/12 - granted 10/7/12 :biggrin: this site has been such a fantastic help. I will add a timeline once I've figured out how to do it! Think it's about time I give something back to the poms in oz peeps!

Congratulations!

Hi all, a newbie to post on this site but have been following you all on this thread. We've been granted our 176 WA visa, applied 1/5/12 - granted 10/7/12 :biggrin: this site has been such a fantastic help. I will add a timeline once I've figured out how to do it! Think it's about time I give something back to the poms in oz peeps!

Congrats to you...

Congratulations :)

Congratulations. Where are you heading?

Congratulations. Where are you heading?

Hey Smithinoz, thanks! We are heading to Perth, we have family and friends there - not decided on a date yet as still have lots to do, find a job, accommodation, get Nurse registration, sell or rent our flat here??? find removals and flights etc but probably will be beginning of 2013. Every time you think you've finished a whole new to do list appears! You going to Perth too?

Guys, all of my docs are met, just made 2nd instalment payment yesterday. How long does it take for them to grant a visa? please share your experiences

I checked online day before our grant - medicals and evidence of relationship were still showing as requested. It was about a week from us uploading last document / medicals being shown as received to grant.

Probs wont be long now!

Hey Smithinoz, thanks! We are heading to Perth, we have family and friends there - not decided on a date yet as still have lots to do, find a job, accommodation, get Nurse registration, sell or rent our flat here??? find removals and flights etc but probably will be beginning of 2013. Every time you think you've finished a whole new to do list appears! You going to Perth too?

Yep on the 29th September! Look forward to seeing you there. You will have to join the May team "meet ups" x

Question to us remaining few, who are still waiting, Have you been in touch with your CO to ask for update?? I know we've been informed on here that could be 3-4 week wait for medicals that have been referred, but am interested to know should we be asking the CO. We have an agent so don't want to email of my own back, as they have said to wait a while longer before asking CO. Just wondering as getting worried now. Had all planned to be gone to Oz by September, now don't know when we'll leave. Worried as have maybe taken a huge gamble on something stupid.:shocked:

Question to us remaining few, who are still waiting, Have you been in touch with your CO to ask for update?? I know we've been informed on here that could be 3-4 week wait for medicals that have been referred, but am interested to know should we be asking the CO. We have an agent so don't want to email of my own back, as they have said to wait a while longer before asking CO. Just wondering as getting worried now. Had all planned to be gone to Oz by September, now don't know when we'll leave. Worried as have maybe taken a huge gamble on something stupid.:shocked:

I'm using an agent too so I haven't been in contact with my CO. My agent keeps telling me to be patient. I had also planned on leaving around the end of September but that seems unlikely now (I don't want to book flights until I know we're definitely going to be able to go). This whole business with the meds has been really frustrating. First they scare the crap out of me and call me back for an additional x-ray (which I have to pay extra for), and now this. Argh.

Although not planning on going to Aus until Mar/Apr 2013 I told work anyway this week in the hope of redundancy - was told in no uncertain terms No! but that my manager has gone 2 levels up and they think they can get me a desk in the Melbourne office. I'll believe it when I see it but I was very pleased nevertheless

I'm using an agent too so I haven't been in contact with my CO. My agent keeps telling me to be patient. I had also planned on leaving around the end of September but that seems unlikely now (I don't want to book flights until I know we're definitely going to be able to go). This whole business with the meds has been really frustrating. First they scare the crap out of me and call me back for an additional x-ray (which I have to pay extra for), and now this. Argh.

Patience is something that I'm slowly running out of. OH medicals only really referred as he had them done in Kenya and sent by snail mail , he's healthy no medical problems. But heh, will keep checking the website and waiting:mad:

Yep on the 29th September! Look forward to seeing you there. You will have to join the May team "meet ups" x

Brilliant, no time at all until you're there living the dream then! That would be ace, would be great to put faces to all these forum peeps that've helped us! You all sorted with job etc etc?

I tried to get in touch with my co via email and received a reply saying she could not have any direct correspondence with me and everything must go through my agent, so asked my agent to contact her and he told me............yes that's right "be patient" and he also said once a medical is referred it can take up to 2-3 months!!!!.

I tried to get in touch with my co via email and received a reply saying she could not have any direct correspondence with me and everything must go through my agent, so asked my agent to contact her and he told me............yes that's right "be patient" and he also said once a medical is referred it can take up to 2-3 months!!!!.

So glad I didn't use an agent - if anything they seem to slow the process down? Hopefully the timescales your agent quoted are worst case scenario and you will get you visa much sooner. X

Hey Guys,

All those whose medical is referred, don't lose heart. It's not about using an agent or not, if medical is referred to Commonwealth Medical Officer it'll take time (specially given their load and back-log of work). We applied in March and still waiting coz OH's medicals were referred (took almost two and half month) and finalized only last week. Keep your spirits high and tell your mind it might take time-so don't worry be happy.:jiggy:

Hey Guys,

All those whose medical is referred, don't lose heart. It's not about using an agent or not, if medical is referred to Commonwealth Medical Officer it'll take time (specially given their load and back-log of work). We applied in March and still waiting coz OH's medicals were referred (took almost two and half month) and finalized only last week. Keep your spirits high and tell your mind it might take time-so don't worry be happy.:jiggy:

Wow - 2 and a half months? You both have an exceptional amount of patience. I don't think I could last that long! I wish I could go on a vacation to distract me or something.

Hey Guys,

There just seems no sense on how they priortize their applications. 2.5 months is awful. Yet we know of 176 May applicants going from referred to finalized in a few days. Just doesn't seem to be a fair system. But we will continue to wait:frown:

There just seems no sense on how they priortize their applications. 2.5 months is awful. Yet we know of 176 May applicants going from referred to finalized in a few days. Just doesn't seem to be a fair system. But we will continue to wait:frown:

Just keep staying strong - it will come!

Wow - 2 and a half months? You both have an exceptional amount of patience. I don't think I could last that long! I wish I could go on a vacation to distract me or something.

I used to feel really tensed when I didn't now what's happening with my application as we were not told that medicals are referred. But once we found out we were relaxed that at least they were doing something. As for lasting that long and still continuing, we have no choice but to wait.:cute: I would go crazy at times and then come back to normal.

I hope you guys won't have to wait that long but just in case you have to, simply don't wait for it. It'll be granted when the time is right (bit philosophical:rolleyes:). For some people like me, it's not that quick and easy.

Guest Flopsie17

We lodged our 176 in early May / Medicals and PC undertaken in June / medicals referred 05/07. Just received email from Agent stating

"we have heard back from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) today with the following message:

Global Health are currently working through a large backlog of medicals and many applicants are experiencing delays. There is nothing further you need to do - it is now just a matter of waiting for the clearances to come through. I will receive a notification as soon as results are available and will advise you."

This waiting game is really tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We lodged our 176 in early May / Medicals and PC undertaken in June / medicals referred 05/07. Just received email from Agent stating

"we have heard back from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) today with the following message:

Global Health are currently working through a large backlog of medicals and many applicants are experiencing delays. There is nothing further you need to do - it is now just a matter of waiting for the clearances to come through. I will receive a notification as soon as results are available and will advise you."

This waiting game is really tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not wrong with this waiting game been tough, We are still waiting for my partners meds to complete and im also waiting for my Australian police check to come that i did about 3 and a half weeks ago (feels like 3 and a half YEARS ago)... And i have only checked the diac website twice today, that only means that im losing the fight to carry on checking as the non sleeping is caching up to me...:SLEEP:

Guest Kimberlyusa
All of my docs and medical met on 18/7. Still no word from my CO

My timeline is very similar to yours. everything met 11/7 and still waiting. Assigned to team 7 and have not heard back from CO since his request on 7/6 which has now al been met. Worried now that the emails are not getting thru. Please update when you get the grant, good luck!

Guest thangvan
My timeline is very similar to yours. everything met 11/7 and still waiting. Assigned to team 7 and have not heard back from CO since his request on 7/6 which has now al been met. Worried now that the emails are not getting thru. Please update when you get the grant, good luck!

Im getting impatient now. Im with team 6, will keep you posted mate

Archived