176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woohoo woke up to the grant :) that was only the day after the docs showed as met so happy eeek! Gonna b daydreaming all day in work! Hope there are some more grants for those waiting today :biggrin:

Woohoo!!! Enjoy the weekend celebrating :biggrin:

Woohoo woke up to the grant :) that was only the day after the docs showed as met so happy eeek! Gonna b daydreaming all day in work! Hope there are some more grants for those waiting today :biggrin:

Congratulations, have a great weekend celebrating:biggrin:

I am just looking at flight options and costs now and I just called Singapore airlines and the woman told me that there is no such this as 40kg baggage allowance if you're migrating??! is that right because im sure i've read that people have used Singapore and had extra baggage allowance added. If not does anyone recommend an airline??

I am just looking at flight options and costs now and I just called Singapore airlines and the woman told me that there is no such this as 40kg baggage allowance if you're migrating??! is that right because im sure i've read that people have used Singapore and had extra baggage allowance added. If not does anyone recommend an airline??

we used Singapore and got 40k allowance, only on first use of visa though and on pr visa ours was a 176...

I booked flights then emailed customer services with flight details and they then returned the confirmation in writing...

Congratulations on your visa grant - enjoy your weekend :biggrin:

Thanks Heather Law...I just phoned Quantas too and they seem to be quite good interms of baggage..rather than book a migrant flight with 46kg of luggage which would be £1057 pp...the lady advised to book a normal economy flight and add an extra bag for £60 so the toatl cost would be £640 ish...not bad so when ive spoken to OH I think ill go with that. She did warn me though that this needs to be on a Prime Quantas flight only meaning that all the flights need to have a quantas flight number and quantas plane (just for anyone elses info) so have to fly from london rather than manchester as the manc - heathrow connecting flight is operated by BA!

Maybe it was this lady's first day lol. We will be flying with singapore airlines and they told us that we can get 40kg allowance. Worth checking with them again and definitely shop around (agents, etc - we used Dial a flight and got a good deal)

Thanks Heather Law...I just phoned Quantas too and they seem to be quite good interms of baggage..rather than book a migrant flight with 46kg of luggage which would be £1057 pp...the lady advised to book a normal economy flight and add an extra bag for £60 so the toatl cost would be £640 ish...not bad so when ive spoken to OH I think ill go with that. She did warn me though that this needs to be on a Prime Quantas flight only meaning that all the flights need to have a quantas flight number and quantas plane (just for anyone elses info) so have to fly from london rather than manchester as the manc - heathrow connecting flight is operated by BA!

I didn't book migrant flights and didn't pay any extra...just booked one way flights with Singapore vis their website.

I'm on an Oz planning day today and have been looking at travel insurance - found a one way emigration policy with Go Walkabout.

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR]

[TD]First Class One Way Emigration Insurance [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: body-text]We offer one way travel insurance cover for a period of up to 21 days on our First Class policy.

Seeking a new life and a fresh start in a new Country? Go Walkabout Travel Insurance offers the security of Comprehensive One Way Trip Travel Insurance for individuals and families. The one way insurance includes the direct flight followed by up to 21 days cover on taking up residence. If you wish to include additional travel in to your itinerary, please call 01424 223964.

Please view policy benefits and policy wording for more detailed information.

Please ensure you read details regarding pre-existing medical conditions before purchasing cover.

This cover is available for all ages up to 79 yrs.

Cover can only be provided to travellers who are currently resident within the UK and who have been resident for at least 6 months out of the last 12 months. Also, cover can only be provided for trips starting in the UK.

We now offer cover for your pets when migrating abroad, please click here to see our Pet Migration insurance website.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 1][/TD]

[TD=align: left]tooltip_arrow.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #b1bfcc][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #edf4fa]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

www.onewayinsurance.co.uk are coming out cheaper and seem to have comparative cover.

I'm on an Oz planning day today and have been looking at travel insurance - found a one way emigration policy with Go Walkabout.

[TR]

[TD]First Class One Way Emigration Insurance

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: body-text]

We offer one way travel insurance cover for a period of up to 21 days on our First Class policy.

Seeking a new life and a fresh start in a new Country? Go Walkabout Travel Insurance offers the security of Comprehensive One Way Trip Travel Insurance for individuals and families. The one way insurance includes the direct flight followed by up to 21 days cover on taking up residence. If you wish to include additional travel in to your itinerary, please call 01424 223964.

Please ensure you read details regarding pre-existing medical conditions before purchasing cover.

Cover can only be provided to travellers who are currently resident within the UK and who have been resident for at least 6 months out of the last 12 months. Also, cover can only be provided for trips starting in the UK.

We now offer cover for your pets when migrating abroad, please click here to see our Pet Migration insurance website.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: left]tooltip_arrow.gif

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #B1BFCC][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EDF4FA][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]First Class One Way Emigration Insurance [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: body-text]We offer one way travel insurance cover for a period of up to 21 days on our First Class policy.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: left]tooltip_arrow.gif[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #edf4fa][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Great info, Smith. Thanks for sharing!

Call

Send SMS

Add to Skype

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Apparently Go Walkabout and OneWayInsurance are the same company (I rang them) - the OWI option is based on a self service internet purchase route to market and is hence roughly half the price - know which option I will be going for!

Hiya,

You have confused me a little (not difficult) with the call, SMS, Skype etc comment? Is that aimed at me? Have sent you a PM on FB xx

Great info, Smith. Thanks for sharing!

Call

Send SMS

Add to Skype

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

Apparently Go Walkabout and OneWayInsurance are the same company (I rang them) - the OWI option is based on a self service internet purchase route to market and is hence roughly half the price - know which option I will be going for!

Apparently you have to be careful as some of the normal/standard travel policies state that you have to start and end your trip in the UK, so won't cover a one way trip - one to watch out for. :biggrin:

Hiya,

You have confused me a little (not difficult) with the call, SMS, Skype etc comment? Is that aimed at me? Have sent you a PM on FB xx

No, don't know what happened there? Don't know as I didn't write it I'm sure! But I was on skype at the time, so perhaps something somehow ... oh, I'm confusing myself now. It is actually funny though as got your FB message before I saw this one on PIO. Makes sense now. Oh well :laugh:

No, don't know what happened there? Don't know as I didn't write it I'm sure! But I was on skype at the time, so perhaps something somehow ... oh, I'm confusing myself now. It is actually funny though as got your FB message before I saw this one on PIO. Makes sense now. Oh well :laugh:

There's def something odd as I just tried to delete the skype stuff and it's not deleting it. I give up! :unsure:

For anyone querying the Sinapore Airlines additional baggage, please see the following which I received from SA this afternoon.

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note, if you hold an unused/unstamped/not validated migrant visathat specifically states that you are permitted to remain in Australiaindefinitely / permanently, you will then be entitled to the double baggageallowance (40 kilos, per passenger).

The double baggage allowance will only begranted when you check in at the airport when this visa is sighted andchecked that it has also not been travelled on before, this has to be thefirst time it is being used.

You can have as many items of checked luggageas you wish provided:

The total combined weight of all the itemsput together does not exceed your total checked allowances

No single item of baggage exceeds 32 kilosin weight, as a health and safety requirement

If you are not holding the correct visa mentionedabove at check-in, then you will be entitled to the standard free checkedbaggage allowance of 20 kilos per passenger.

The excess baggage charge London to Perthis SGD80.00 per kilo equivalent to GBP40.00 approximately.

We hope the above information helps withyour enquiry.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Archived