176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Think we need to have one of sharmagaurav's shout outs to DIAC for everyone still waiting - when I told a friend recently how relieved I was when I finally got the visa - she just looked at me strangely saying well you knew you were going to get it it was only a matter of waiting really wasn't it- I was absolutely speechless, how do you explain how this process takes over your life and your sanity! Got everything crossed for you guys still waiting, that this is the week :wubclub:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys here is another little rant from me...

Well, i just go in from work and my OH got an email from the CO this morning asking for more evidence from her manager, they want her role and when she started work there... This really gets to me as we have all our evidence uploaded and then they all turn to MET then about a month later we get an email from her saying "Hi, im that case officer that you have been waiting for now get me a AFP check", then about 3 weeks later we get another email from her asking for more evidence, This is starting to get me down now, What next after we get her what she asked for, will she then come back and ask for somthing else, then after that some thing else...

Why didnt she ask for this a month ago, why now,are they making it hard a dragging it out as long as possible...

In the end, you start thinking "Shove it, you have won, im not comming"

I know its frustrating but not everyone is as efficient as us PIOer's! I had a similar experience with evidencing my self employment. Try not to let it get you down though - it will be worth it in the end. X

Well, i just go in from work and my OH got an email from the CO this morning asking for more evidence from her manager, they want her role and when she started work there... This really gets to me as we have all our evidence uploaded and then they all turn to MET then about a month later we get an email from her saying "Hi, im that case officer that you have been waiting for now get me a AFP check", then about 3 weeks later we get another email from her asking for more evidence, This is starting to get me down now, What next after we get her what she asked for, will she then come back and ask for somthing else, then after that some thing else...

Why didnt she ask for this a month ago, why now,are they making it hard a dragging it out as long as possible...

Non from me, but Any GooD NEWS this morning on GrantS anyone...

None from me. My agent has been trying to get through to HOC on my behalf but hasn't been able to speak with them about the status of my meds. Getting a little frustrated now. I've read on another PIO thread that someone had spoken to HOC and the person there said that there were processing meds that were referred on 9 July. Of course, if that were really true, my meds would have been finalised by now...

Hey everyone, massive apologies for not having been on here in AGES, my OH has been on and posting comments on threads but ive been up the walls with stuff since visa grant. I had applied for a career break in work and unfortunately it was declined. I just wanted that backup plan there for me. Anyway i will be handing in my notice this thursday and hopefully booking our flights for 12th September.

Congrats to all who have got visa grants in last few months, amazing to see it all moving along for everyone and for those who havent got grants yet, remain positive (i know its hard) but you will get there SOON.

Anyone else planning on moving out there anytime soon???

This is just plan torturous but hang in there do as smithinoz says give them all the info -it means they are still working on your application wahoo- you could try ringing them and ask what info they need in addition to that you have given them as you thought you had covered it and name the uploaded doc saying it has confused you to be asked again for it!

So sorry you're having such a tough time with all of this sh3p69, I really feel for you. I agree with waitingawhile, I would give them a ring and see if you can sort out exactly what is still required to enable the completion of the processing of your application.

Hang on in there - it will come :hug:

:hug:Oh no, not what you want to hear at this stage. Can't imagine how you must be feeling, I agree that this should all have been sorted if they have gone to MET. So disappointing. Try not to let it get you down though think remember why were all doing this, we will get our visas soon, we will cherish them all the more when we do.

None from me. My agent has been trying to get through to HOC on my behalf but hasn't been able to speak with them about the status of my meds. Getting a little frustrated now. I've read on another PIO thread that someone had spoken to HOC and the person there said that there were processing meds that were referred on 9 July. Of course, if that were really true, my meds would have been finalised by now...

Well if that date is true I should have mine too, but I think they just pick a date out of thin air. I tried to call last week but just got a answer phone. Maybe in a few days then we will be posting that we have our grants. Fingers crossed.

Well if that date is true I should have mine too, but I think they just pick a date out of thin air. I tried to call last week but just got a answer phone. Maybe in a few days then we will be posting that we have our grants. Fingers crossed.

I think you're right about them picking a date out of thin air! There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to how meds go from referred to finalised. Hope you're right about the grants coming soon shelly. The waiting game is getting tiresome!

I think you're right about them picking a date out of thin air! There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to how meds go from referred to finalised. Hope you're right about the grants coming soon shelly. The waiting game is getting tiresome!

I think the same nycplanner, I believe I´ll wait until some of you guys get the grant before checking my status online again. Fortunately, my job activities prevent me to check the site every minute, otherwise it would be a killing stage! Anyways, hope you get the grant since your Meds were referred on 04/July and mine 09/July, so there is a small possibility that once you get yours, after 5 days I will get mine.

Best for all of you the last May applicants!

Was just wandering if any of the May guys had their allocations delayed due to the form 1100 (state sponsorship confirmation notice sent by state to DIAC) being "lost" by the DIAC. About 5 of the June guys have had this happen and only after having the sate (WA especially) resend them did the DIAC then allocate you to a case officer.

PS I really do hope the few of you that are waiting for grants get them soon.

Was just wandering if any of the May guys had their allocations delayed due to the form 1100 (state sponsorship confirmation notice sent by state to DIAC) being "lost" by the DIAC. About 5 of the June guys have had this happen and only after having the sate (WA especially) resend them did the DIAC then allocate you to a case officer.

Hmm - my CO never asked for the form 1100 so I assume they received it. I did get an email from Victoria saying that they had sent the form to DIAC. I assume the forms are sent by post so maybe DIAC got so overloaded in June from all of the pre-1 July apps that they lost some of them somehow?

Guest sheraz

Hi Guys. I am really getting tired of this waiting. I dont know how many thousand times i have already checked my online status but it just keeps on saying 'medical requirement outstanding'.

I dont know when they will finalize it as we did our medicals on 5th June, was received by Global Health on 12th and refered on 21st June 12, almost over 2 months now. i called them and they said they are processing July ones so i do not know why our one is still not finalized.

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

It happened for me. I lodged my application on 24th May and sent WA SS acceptance form on the same day. On 25th may WA SS sent a confirmation email stating that they confirmed my SS (sent form 1100) with DIAC. I thought every thing is fine with my application and waited for CO allocation. After 6 weeks of wait I rang DIAC discovered that they didn't receied my form 1100 !!!

Guest Flopsie17

Totally get how it's getting you down - sometimes you feel yr going backwards!!!!!! You've come this far and one day it'll be a distant memory. Let's hope August is "the" month!!! :)

Morning, info for us still referred. Just spoke to global health,( got through on second call, and then 2 rings.) Spoke to a lovely, very helpful lady, who informed

me that for meds referred 4/7 will be approx another 2 weeks. There doing end of June still.:mad: However she did say to speak to CO if there was a reason so speed it up. She said she will look into our file. OMG I was shaking when I was talking to her, still am can't go back to bed now, full of adrenaline. So fingers crossed.:biggrin:

Morning, info for us still referred. Just spoke to global health,( got through on second call, and then 2 rings.) Spoke to a lovely, very helpful lady, who informed

me that for meds referred 4/7 will be approx another 2 weeks. There doing end of June still.:mad: However she did say to speak to CO if there was a reason so speed it up, so took my chance and gave her the I'm a nurse looking to come next month and have both been offered jobs, (which we have), she said she would pull fill and hopefully get a Dr to see it as urgent, and to check with CO next week. OMG I was shaking when I was talking to her, still am can't go back to bed now, full of adrenaline. So fingers crossed.:biggrin:

Sounds like there is a big backlog. Hopefully your call will speed things up a little

Good luck to you Shelly and to everyone still waiting.

Millie x

Guest Flopsie17

me that for meds referred 4/7 will be approx another 2 weeks. There doing end of June still.:mad: However she did say to speak to CO if there was a reason so speed it up. She said she will look into our file. OMG I was shaking when I was talking to her, still am can't go back to bed now, full of adrenaline. So fingers crossed.:biggrin:

Thats great - fingers crossed you only have a few more (working) days to wait now :smile:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try and see if there's any way to get my CO to speed it up at all. Another two weeks of waiting would be torture... :cry:

Ugh. I'd like to book the plane tickets soon before they go up in price astronomically. We're planning on going in late September. They can't sit on my medicals for that long. Can they? :confused:

God hope not. We were aiming middle of September too, wanted to have furniture there and settled for Xmas. All very frustrating all this waiting, just want it all to be over and we can get on and book flights and accom as these are slipping away also for the dates we want. Tomorrow is a significant date for us, we flew home 4 yrs ago after being there for 10 months, so fingers crossed we have a nice surprise. :biggrin:

God hope not. We were aiming middle of September too, wanted to have furniture there and settled for Xmas. All very frustrating all this waiting, just want it all to be over and we can get on and book flights and accom as these are slipping away also for the dates we want. Tomorrow is a significant date for us, we flew home 4 yrs ago after being there for 10 months, so fingers crossed we have a nice surprise. :biggrin:

Someone in the June team posted an email they had received from their CO saying that the HOC is processing meds that were referred as of 2 July. We should be hearing some good news soon!!

Someone in the June team posted an email they had received from their CO saying that the HOC is processing meds that were referred as of 2 July. We should be hearing some good news soon!!

How great would that be, however saw on another thread that meds referred 9/7, finalsed 26/7 (I think) and visa granted now, so it's all very odd. I think I will stop reading other peoples experiences and just WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT. :confused:

Archived