Is a solicitor ok to certify documents for AHPRA?

Guest GazMc86

Guest GazMc86

Hi guys

I've sent off my AHPRA application for registration with all of my documents certified by a local solicitor here in Camberwell (London). I was under the impression that a solicitor was allowed to certify these documents. But I've recently seen, on another thread here, that some people have been asked to re submit some documents and get them certified by a notary public instead.

Is this accurate?

What are people's experiences? Are solicitors ok? Or should I commence panic ;)

Cheers ;)

Guest GazMc86

Oh dear, on further reading it seems that this is indeed the case. I didn't realise that AHPRA had different certifying requirements compared to the visa application (this makes no sense). Sigh...well that has just set my application back a month :(

Some solicitors are a notary public too. Just check your copy paperwork to see if the words along with lines of "I hereby certify that this is a certified copy. Signature, Solicitor & Notary Public". It could be a stamp with just a signature in it too

Guest GazMc86

Unfortunately it just says "Solicitor". Damn, I just assumed (stupidly) that I could get a solicitor to do all of my certification in on go. Seems a bit needlessly complicated to have different standards for certification for visa and AHPRA. Oh well. Live and learn ;)

Unfortunately it just says "Solicitor". Damn, I just assumed (stupidly) that I could get a solicitor to do all of my certification in on go. Seems a bit needlessly complicated to have different standards for certification for visa and AHPRA. Oh well. Live and learn ;)

APHRA are quite something else. :rolleyes: Can you get the documents recertified by a notary or JP and send them on to join the existing application?

Archived