Melboure - Sunday social at St Kilda - 3rd June 2-5pm at Republica on the beach!!

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

I have notice quite a few wanting to meet people looking to meet new people - it is always difficult when moving to another country. So i am organising a meet up at Republica in St Kilda for Sunday 3rd June between 2 and 5pm.

Anybody and everybody is welcome - families, singles, couples, old and the young. Just come along and say hello to your fellow POM!! The website for the venue is below and it has a great courtyard to fit us all in!

http://www.republica.net.au/

Date - 3rd June 2012

Location - Republica, St kilda

Time - 2-5pm

Meet point - In the courtyard at the back on the left (near the kitesurfing shop).

Now i am trying to make this as low maitenance as possible so do not worry about posting on here just turn up on the day and have fun. If you do have a question please feel free to message me.

If it goes well then i will organise it once a month.

Thanks and look forward to meeting you there.

Arran

P.S - i will also post this in the victoria forum

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi Petals,

Already added to the life in Victoria forum. Thanks for heads up though!

Arran

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

That is a shame but good timing for the euros? Yeah if it goes well i will try and do this once a month as they are always good fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

Yes it was a shame that no one could find anyone and in hindsight i wish i had thought that actually finding people would be such a problem. We managed to find some POMS and sat in the courtyard til 4.30 but can understand being there how it was hard to distinguish POMS from everyone else. I send my apologies to everyone of you who made the effort and received no reward. Reading your posts i will organise a much better meet up next time, maybe a more central location and with an area booked just for us.

Once again i am sorry that it was not the greatest day for some of you and the next one will be better.

We are on holiday in the UK soon but will try again towards end of July/ August time.

Thanks Arran

• 1 month later...
Guest emma89

Hi I've recently moved to Brighton in Melbourne. I'm a 23 year old female and from Cornwall in England and have been here for a couple of months and need to makes some new friends! I am an aupair/nanny with weekends off and have some free time in the week. Is anyone up to having coffee/lunch/drinks?

Emma xxx

:laugh::cute:

Archived