Christmas

joetrac

A question for the long term Ex Pats.

Do you ever get that Christmas Feeling Back ?

This is my 2nd chrimbo here and I have a 3 yo so I should be buzzing...but alas its not the same in the heat and when I took my little one to see santa he couln't understand her accent :biglaugh:

Will it always feel like this?

Our first Christmas too; had to take the tree down the day after putting it up, as my one year old kept pulling off the baubles and trying to eat them. Last time he gets benefit of the doubt! Doesn't feel Christmassy at home now, never mind everywhere else. No-one can understand us either, with an Oldham accent, and it's bloody tiring keep repeating yourself, and the kids don't understand why you have to. Spoke to a lady who'd been here 27 years, who's just getting used to it, so not long now then...

Joanne

Our first Christmas too; had to take the tree down the day after putting it up, as my one year old kept pulling off the baubles and trying to eat them. Last time he gets benefit of the doubt! Doesn't feel Christmassy at home now, never mind everywhere else. No-one can understand us either, with an Oldham accent, and it's bloody tiring keep repeating yourself, and the kids don't understand why you have to. Spoke to a lady who'd been here 27 years, who's just getting used to it, so not long now then...

Joanne

O Jo poor you, Libby hasnt been too bad, she keeps going to it and I say no and shes just leaving it. Saying that I have noticed a few baubles and chocy decs missing, Im sure shes got a stash of them somewhere lol

Em x

This is our First Xmas and I must say it feels rather odd with the sun shining. I'm usually really excited but it does feel very different here - time to make new traditions I think.

Ali

Ali,

Your right - time to make new traditions- we are going to OH uncle & aunt for a barbie pool party on Xmas day, will spend the morning with the webcam on so that grandparents can watch kids open their pressies.

Party at our place on boxing day.

Em x

Joanne

Know how you feel !

I bought my little one a Little people nativity set in the hope she would leave the tree alone.... looked at it for 5 min then pulled my tree apart. Its driving me crazy :arghh:.

The joys of motherhood eh.

O Jo poor you, Libby hasnt been too bad, she keeps going to it and I say no and shes just leaving it. Saying that I have noticed a few baubles and chocy decs missing, Im sure shes got a stash of them somewhere lol

Em x

Give it a few days; I think Luke was sharing his tips with her!

Jo x

Know how you feel !

I bought my little one a Little people nativity set in the hope she would leave the tree alone.... looked at it for 5 min then pulled my tree apart. Its driving me crazy :arghh:.

The joys of motherhood eh.

Not seen that one; my horrors love Little People, will have a look for it. Missed the nativites this year, although the primary school in England that my son left has stopped doing them now. You can't beat a load of four year olds dressed in tea towels and tinsel singing "Little Donkey". And last year, my boy was the donkey; so proud! :cute:

Jo x

Give it a few days; I think Luke was sharing his tips with her!

Jo x

I hope your Luke wasnt leading my Libby astray today lol, hes so cute bless him no bother, was nice to see you.

Em x

ps Luke was the name we had picked if Libby was a boy!

Archived