meeting new friends in perth

Guest hodges206

Guest hodges206

Hi i would love to make some new friends here in perth, i moved here a year ago with my husband and 2 kids 16 and 14 years old, love it here but would b great widen our social life we are both soon to b 40 very soon eeeek lol and if ur moving to perth ull have no regrets

hi winkle100 where a bouts in perth u heading ?

We're heading North probably Butler, mindarie that kind of way.Although we just rented a place in clarkson for a month until we find our feet.

You?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what part u coming to ? im in canningvale perth

Hi Hodges206, just jumping on this thread, I see your in Canning Vale, can I ask if you have kids, if so which schools do they attend, we looking at Canning Vale, it looks like a nice suburb, have you been there long?? Any info would be great, thanks Shelly:biggrin:

Guest pdubs

Hi Winkle 100

Not long until you arrive, we have two boys 2.5 and nearly 6. We live close to where you will be based - Currambine, so it would be good to catch up after you arrive.

Message me if you want to meet up

Pdubs

Hi Lornarees,

We are hoping to move out to Perth area in October (assuming visa is granted!). We are similar ages (I am 42 and hubby is 40). I am interested how you are coping with the FIFO situation as that is what my hubby will be doing. Thing is, I will be on my own so naturally I am a little uneasy about it. Everyone says that the companies can usually find a job for the wife, but I guess time will tell.

Hi Lornarees,

We are hoping to move out to Perth area in October (assuming visa is granted!). We are similar ages (I am 42 and hubby is 40). I am interested how you are coping with the FIFO situation as that is what my hubby will be doing. Thing is, I will be on my own so naturally I am a little uneasy about it. Everyone says that the companies can usually find a job for the wife, but I guess time will tell.

hi smithinoz, my hubby will hopefully be doing fifo, so will be in same situation, however, he does that now really but away 8 weeks home for 4, so will be overjoyed to do 2weeks on and off. Coping in Oz I guess it's about getting out there, getting involved, meeting up with people. definately get yourself a job, whatever it is, at least it will get you out of the house. This forum is great for meeting people, and arranging meet ups when you arrive. I lived there 4 yrs ago, and everyone is really friendly, and willing to have a coffee, especially the poms, as were all in the same boat, whether they've been there 5 years or 5 months. Were hopefully arriving sept visa pending, but would be happy to meet up, we to are same ages as yourself, and one well behaved 10yr old. Shelly:biggrin:

hi smithinoz, my hubby will hopefully be doing fifo, so will be in same situation, however, he does that now really but away 8 weeks home for 4, so will be overjoyed to do 2weeks on and off. Coping in Oz I guess it's about getting out there, getting involved, meeting up with people. definately get yourself a job, whatever it is, at least it will get you out of the house. This forum is great for meeting people, and arranging meet ups when you arrive. I lived there 4 yrs ago, and everyone is really friendly, and willing to have a coffee, especially the poms, as were all in the same boat, whether they've been there 5 years or 5 months. Were hopefully arriving sept visa pending, but would be happy to meet up, we to are same ages as yourself, and one well behaved 10yr old. Shelly:biggrin:

And you are one of the May team! :biggrin:

Would be great to meet up. Hubby isn't keen on me working - he wants me to be available on his week off! :wink: So we shall see. I think he wants me to take at least 6 months off anyway.

What does your OH do? Mine drives the big excavators and other earthmoving equipment. I am the main applicant for the visa though.

And you are one of the May team! :biggrin:

Would be great to meet up. Hubby isn't keen on me working - he wants me to be available on his week off! :wink: So we shall see. I think he wants me to take at least 6 months off anyway.

What does your OH do? Mine drives the big excavators and other earthmoving equipment. I am the main applicant for the visa though.

Yes, I'm in the May gang. Have been watching everyones thread it's moving really quickly isn't it, bit scary. OH is a paramedic but works for the UN in Africa, so used to him being away, but looking forward to a better rota. I agree with your OH wanting for you to be around, as it's awful when I have to go to work when OH is home, maybe you could get a job around his rota. I would wait and see, there is so much opportunity so do lots of different jobs, and shifts. If you don't work you will definately need a good circle of friends to meet for coffee/wine to keep you sane, isolation is a big problem really. Have you planned on a suburb yet, or will you wait til your there. Were still up in the air, looking for the best school for our daughter, but definately be SOR. Drinks in Little Creatures and Xmas on the beach is a definite to do as already suggested in our May thread. Shelly

Guest hodges206

hi shelley been here in canning vale a year now and recently bought house here, my kids go to canningvale collage , they have done better there than uk school , no probs as yet, yes canning vale is a lovely quiet area, no trouble that i have heard or experienced. close to pubs resturants shops etc

hi shelley been here in canning vale a year now and recently bought house here, my kids go to canningvale collage , they have done better there than uk school , no probs as yet, yes canning vale is a lovely quiet area, no trouble that i have heard or experienced. close to pubs resturants shops etc

Thanks for reply, will be looking around your area when we arrive. Shelly

Guest happydays5

Hi would love to hook up with you and your family, been here 2 years , not sure how you private message on here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carole38

Hi Hodges206,

I have been here since January. Came with husband and 18 yr old son. We are in Belmont which isnt too far from you.

If you would like to meet up send me an private message to arrange something as would be nice to meet more people.

Carole x

Guest DGRoberts

Hi, we have just moved to Kinross and have two boys 18months and 3. Would be great to meet up. My name is Gemma and if you fancy meeting up let me know. My email is gemmafilby18@hotmail.com. Look fwd to hearing from some of hopefully.

Archived