Validation trip

kumarash

Hello and welcome.

I've split your post from the thread you'd posted to as it is better suited to its own thread.

And in reply to your question, depends what you want to achieve. Do you just want a holiday, open a bank account and check out a few possible areas/schools/etc or do you want to do more specific things?

Guest Andy
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am planning to fly with my family to Australia in August this year for validation of visas. Are 2 weeks enough for doing all important things there?

You have not really given much info as snifter says with regards to want you want to achieve, we validated last year but also used the trip as a holiday and saw quite a lot and were there for the best part of 5 weeks, to be honest as you are taking your family which i am assuming involves children i would have said that two weeks is very tight if you want to research stuff and visit a few places, remember the jet lag will eat into the start of your trip so you can pretty much right the first couple of days off.

Hiya, we have just got back from validating our visas. We went to Melbourne for three weeks. We slept for 16 hours to get over the jet lag immediately. We spent a week doing the holiday tourist bits then went down south to spend two weeks researching the area we wanted to live in, looking at schools, houses etc. We opened our bank accounts from uk so just had to pop into nab to collect cards, easy. We spent an absolute fortune doing this, so I would suggest two weeks if you are on a budget.

Hi all,

Thanks for your quick replies. To be accurate, we are going to Sydney for 17 days. We shall be staying at our relative's house just to see the area. I am thinking of doing following things:

1. Look for jobs in my field. I have already contacted some companies and hope that I shall be able to give some interviews during my validation trip.

2. Visit main attraction points of Sydney

3. Try to do things like applying for Medicare, opening my bank account, looking at schools for kids, applying for a driver's license

3. Visit one more place like Melbourne or Brisbane as one possible place for my job could be Brisbane

Are some things in the above list that we should not do or are some things that are not in the above list that we should try to do during the validation trip?

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived