Any couples from Kent/South London in Sydney?

Guest Tara McCafferty

Guest Tara McCafferty

Hey

We've lived here in Sydney for 4yrs now and haven't ever come across anyone from our neck of the woods back home.... Is there any of you out there? If so where are you living now?

Tara and Craig

Hello Tara,

We are a family of 3 living in Brixton, but will be moving to Sydney at the end of July. It would be great to get some advice or meet up when we arrive?

Do you have any top tips that you would recommend to people making the move. We are all so excited, we cannot wait to get to Australia. At the moment it doesn't seem real!!

Cheers

Billie

Billie,

Bring everything and be prepared for how expensive things are here till you start ( and even then ) earning A$.. Shoes.. clothes... bedding.. bring stuff too big so kids can grow into it!! Good excuse to go shopping!! message me if you have any questions.... where you moving to?

I've met a few 'southerners' here through watching EPL, mainly Spurs fans but I also know Gooners and West Ham. If you follow a club, you can usually find a pub where they meet, eg. Spurs in The Triple Aces, West Ham in The Royal Exhibition, Gooners (and others) in Cheers.

I'm from The New Forest myself. I suppose with Saints back in the Premier League, I could make the effort to find some Saints fans, although they are my 'second' club.

I've met a few 'southerners' here through watching EPL, mainly Spurs fans but I also know Gooners and West Ham. If you follow a club, you can usually find a pub where they meet, eg. Spurs in The Triple Aces, West Ham in The Royal Exhibition, Gooners (and others) in Cheers.

I'm from The New Forest myself. I suppose with Saints back in the Premier League, I could make the effort to find some Saints fans, although they are my 'second' club.

Royal Ex is the Boleyn in Sydney!! COYI!!

Maryrose you seem to know the pubs round that way... shall have to hook up for a beer!

Royal Ex is the Boleyn in Sydney!! COYI!!

Maryrose you seem to know the pubs round that way... shall have to hook up for a beer!

Yes, that would be great. I'm usually somewhere along Devonshire Street, between Central and Crown although I'm trying to stay in a bit more - tonight for eg, a 'no alcohol' night. Starting work on Wednesday too and trying to get into 'work' mode, not 'bludge' mode! The Trinity Bar, before midnight, and Strawberry Hills, after midnight have tended to be my 'locals' and I also go into the Royal Exhibition regularly. I've got to know the bar staff in all three of those venues! I was 'strong-willed' today too, going into the Trinity for a coffee.

Guest Tara McCafferty

You guys sound like you know your pubs! We should arrange a meet up! We have 3kids so need a bit of time to get a sitter, but are pretty much free most Sundays and sat evenings.

Billie, where in Sydney are you looking at moving too?

PM me any questions, and I'll help as much as I can! But totally agree with nod to oz! Bring as many clothes shows etc as you can!!!

speaks soon

Tara

Archived