Looking to meet new people/suggestions!

Guest cl263

Guest cl263

Hey guys/girls,

My name's Chris, I'm 22 and I've recently moved to the north shore of Sydney and I'm looking to meet new people. I've moved from a very active London social scene, so I'm looking for more of the same in the beautiful Sydney.

Firstly if anyone wants to go for a few drinks/get something to eat one evening then that would be great and all you'd need to do is send me a quick message and we can try somewhere you know or just try something new. I know something is going on in July that I'll go too but does anyone want to do anything sooner?

I also thought it might be useful to find out some good places to meet other people. We all know that certain types of bars are perfect for going up to new people and saying "hi, I'm new". I've found one in Manly called the 'Hotel Steyne' but I'd really like to hear about other bars that might be further a field but have an equally warm atmosphere.

I don't want moving to sydney to make me an alcoholic, so I'd really appreciate some other suggestions on ways to meet people. I've heard of the traditional methods (go on courses, work friends or just exploring and seeing if you can meet someone) but if you know something that really made it easy for you to meet people then it'd be a really useful suggestion for me and others. Or maybe a specific course in question that you did that you made quite a few friends from?

Thanks and hope you all have an awesome weekend,

Chris

Guest guest17301

Hi Chris and a very warm welcome to PIO, I hope you enjoy using the forum

Browse the NSW forum to hopefully meet others in the same boat and keep your eyes peeled for any meet ups announced on here....I found the meets a really great way to meet other likeminded people when we first arrived...

You have a great weekend too, sure you'll have heaps of mates before you know it;)

Hi Chris,

hope you are settling in well. You are looking to meet new people - you should check out a website called Meetup- it is basically a website to meet people with similar interests, from expats to sporting interests to yoghurt making- you name it- theres a group out there for you!!

it was great when i moved to brissie on my own- hope it has something on there for you :)

good luck

Sj

Archived