Children better off in Oz?

VERYSTORMY

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Iam officially calling you out , here live on PIO .......cut the crap .......stop dreaming .

You keep posting all this anti U.K stuff ...........and that you cant wait to leave

LETS HAVE IT .......BE A MAN ......

WALK THE WALK .......DONT TALK THE TALK

This is " Hoff to Oz " ......Day 1 .....

Australia awaits

Chillax mush, it's only a forum, you post stuff, I post stuff, cut out the personal stuff..... I think I could be a poet, lol

Forecast torrential rain again tomorrow, batten down the hatches.

Alot depends on the area I think. My experience in Australia is a lot different to people a few miles down the road . Similarly in the uk we are in a good area, and our experience will be different than people in other parts of the country!

Chillax mush, it's only a forum, you post stuff, I post stuff, cut out the personal stuff..... I think I could be a poet, lol

Forecast torrential rain again tomorrow, batten down the hatches.

iam chilled .......i dont come on here with reams of information .......links to this and that about the UKs dilemma .......as i said , you are full of advice ............PUT UP OR SHUT UP ............If you want to spend the last 2 years expressing your desire to leave for the worlds no 1 place to live ......then expect ......at some stage to be called out .........and iam calling you out .

I have been there and done it .......for the record i love Australia ......it was good to me ........but i dont want to live there .

You on the other hand have had a few holidays over there , and are throwing your views around like confetti

iam chilled .......i dont come on here with reams of information .......links to this and that about the UKs dilemma .......as i said , you are full of advice ............PUT UP OR SHUT UP ............If you want to spend the last 2 years expressing your desire to leave for the worlds no 1 place to live ......then expect ......at some stage to be called out .........and iam calling you out .

I have been there and done it .......for the record i love Australia ......it was good to me ........but i dont want to live there .

You on the other hand have had a few holidays over there , and are throwing your views around like confetti

What makes you think that his views are any less useful or relevant than yours???? I've never even been to australia, does that mean i should just shut up aswell? i'll say it again, if you dont like what he says then just use the ignore button

What makes you think that his views are any less useful or relevant than yours???? I've never even been to australia, does that mean i should just shut up aswell? i'll say it again, if you dont like what he says then just use the ignore button

not at all stacey, views and opinions are all relevant and useful ............you dont go giving advice to all and sundry .............its a democracy , why should i hit the ignore button .

If i started giving out tourist advice about Edinburgh .......eventually ...........someone is going to ask " how long have you lived in Edinburgh then ?" ........err i havent lived in edinburgh ............but ive been on holiday twice and i liked it

not at all stacey, views and opinions are all relevant and useful ............you dont go giving advice to all and sundry .............its a democracy , why should i hit the ignore button .

If i started giving out tourist advice about Edinburgh .......eventually ...........someone is going to ask " how long have you lived in Edinburgh then ?" ........err i havent lived in edinburgh ............but ive been on holiday twice and i liked it

I dont see anything wrong with his posts so we'll just have to disagree with each other :wubclub:

The golf's better in Oz - I can vouch for that! ;)

Is it .... That's why the belfry and like are used for majors, oz is a playground compared. I should know, I play off scratch and have played in the uk and in oz, oz does not compare to the uk gof courses.

Why do people take things on here so seriously, I know from previous posts that you get the HOFF and PERTHBUM giving each other banter/ stick so there's no need for other posters to turn it nasty.

its good to have some English humour and have a bit of banter against each other , otherwise it's a bore

Ian

Ps , I've never been to oz as well, until next year

God you poms are getting worked up tonight, and they say we are bad......you guys are doing a good job all by yourselves....popcorn anyone?:biggrin:

Let me borrow your spoon and hide it for a bit eh ;)

Nah...... Lost too many already...people don't return them, and I need it for my ice cream soon:wink:

Ice cream, we will need a spoon to bail this bloody rain out if it keeps coming down as ard as it now .

a red met office rain warning or Devon tonight ( 1st ever red )

Ice cream, we will need a spoon to bail this bloody rain out if it keeps coming down as ard as it now .

a red met office rain warning or Devon tonight ( 1st ever red )

Got a pump on stand by, the baby cot has flotation devices strapped to it and the boat is at the front door waiting.

This comment is made a lot, and I wonder whether its a WA thing? Plenty of kids out and about in the parks and playgrounds here.

I think it must be certain suburbs because my son and his mates play out all the time

If I agreed with what you are saying, which I don't, not trying to be funny with you, but you would be away from your family just the same, yes you would be in the same country, but you would hardly see them, personally the sunshine does it for me, family can always come and visit and have a fantastic holiday at the same time, to hit the fantastic beaches and swim in the warm azure seas and ...... Lay in the hot sunshine.

What if your family cant afford to come here? Weve been here 4 years and so far, apart from my parents, none of my family has come out here

Definately better for children. There is much more emphasis on family time here and so many of the activities are geared around children. we definately spend more time together as a family- in the UK my husbands job was 90 miles an hour, here he is under a lot less pressure. The weather certainly makes it easier to do things together over here, in the uk we were plagued by miserable weather more often than not, and most of the activities had to be payed for. We have never spent so much time together outdoors as we have since being here.

As for schooling, I can only say we are more that happy with the system in Australia, my son has made so much progress in such a short space of time. Whether as they grow up, the children crave the bright lights of the Uk,I have yet to find out. But so far for us this is the best option.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
What if your family cant afford to come here? Weve been here 4 years and so far, apart from my parents, none of my family has come out here

Moving away from your family, even in the same country means most families hardly see each other, I know this from experience, it might not be as bad emigrating, but barely much better, you might have good intentions to start with, but over time, meet ups get less and less, so the effect is very similar so to me there's little difference ..... Just my opinion.

With regards to family, it will very much depend on individual circumstances. Some families will be closer and the extended family play a bigger part in lives of children.

Ok, what about culture. Oz is incredibly isolated. The UK has Europe on it's doorstep. This, personally I think is a huge plus for the UK. Especially for those coming to Perth.

this is the uk, this is our weather, why the hell keep going on and on and on about it, it gets boring, if people hate it do much they know wat they can do.

Question: has the UK weather changed dramatically since 2008? I dont remember it being that bad.

With regards to family, it will very much depend on individual circumstances. Some families will be closer and the extended family play a bigger part in lives of children.

Ok, what about culture. Oz is incredibly isolated. The UK has Europe on it's doorstep. This, personally I think is a huge plus for the UK. Especially for those coming to Perth.

Oh Christ....not that again!

Archived