Scottish family new to Brisbane needing new social circle!

Guest martinbrisbane

Guest martinbrisbane

Hi all, we moved over to Brisbane from Scotland at end of May and have now managed to get sorted with jobs, place to stay (Wavell Heights), school for our 4 year old daughter anda car. Now just need to get some mates!

Im 37 and love my football (the real stuff :-), running, cycling, and maybe even the odd game of golf - though I'm really crap!

Ideally would be great to meet up with some fellow Scots and Brits for coffee, BBQ, trip to the park at the weekend.

Got a new phone and no-one to put in it!

Game of five-a-sides one night during the week would be amazing but think I may be asking for too much...

Hope to hear from you soon

Martin

Guest GeorgeD

Game of five-a-sides one night during the week would be amazing but think I may be asking for too much...

Have a look at this website http://www.brisbaneindoorsports.com.au/index.html Albion isn't too far from Wavell Heights.

I play in a similar place in Darra, but live down in Logan. People drop in and ask to be put in a team and they make up teams in their leagues normally. Give tehma call. I think you've just missed the start of their season, but don't let that put you off. Or wander down with your gear on, there are always teams short of players. They normally play with subs who rotate, so if there are 5/6/7 players most teams are happy for another guy to join in.

Hi all, we moved over to Brisbane from Scotland at end of May and have now managed to get sorted with jobs, place to stay (Wavell Heights), school for our 4 year old daughter anda car. Now just need to get some mates!

Im 37 and love my football (the real stuff :-), running, cycling, and maybe even the odd game of golf - though I'm really crap!

Ideally would be great to meet up with some fellow Scots and Brits for coffee, BBQ, trip to the park at the weekend.

Got a new phone and no-one to put in it!

Hope to hear from you soon

Martin

hi martin were from glasgow and thinking of moving to brissy at end of year ! (been in melbourne 2 years) , were coming up for a reccie in mid august to see what its like! gonna check gold coast wen were up also ! how do u find it there ? we are looking for better weather n a not so busy city ! (mel is bigger rat race than glasgow), hope ur noo a rangers fan ? haha only jokin :biggrin:

Guest martinbrisbane

Thanks George - that sounds very promising and will def give that a go. Would be amazing to get a game of fives.

Guest martinbrisbane

Hi Charlie - rangers? Are they still going ;-) We're absolutely loving Brisbane so far, amazing city, fantastic winter weather, nice people and brilliant lifestyle. Can't see us ever moving and we' e only been here a couple of months. Give me a shout when you're coming up - might even catch a champions league game :-)

Hi Charlie - rangers? Are they still going ;-) We're absolutely loving Brisbane so far, amazing city, fantastic winter weather, nice people and brilliant lifestyle. Can't see us ever moving and we' e only been here a couple of months. Give me a shout when you're coming up - might even catch a champions league game :-)

haha good stuff will defo give u a shout mate ! have u checked out the celtic club ? its based in an irish bar in cbd im sure ! maybe see u there soon :)

• 4 months later...

hello there martin. we re a family of three recently moved from glasgow to bulimba brisbane. we only know a handful of people here too and its tough. we would love to meet up with other folk in the same boat so get back to me and we can sort something out

emma

ps no five aside sorry! lol

cycling running keeping fit and drinking yes

Archived