Looking for new friends in Brisbane

Guest Hazel13

Guest Hazel13

Hi all

my name is Hazel, I've been in Brisbane for about 18 months after moving from England, but haven't really made any close friends. I moved over here for my partner, however we recently broke up and i'm finding i'm at a loose end...a lot. would love to meet up for coffee, drinks or adventures to explore this city / state :)

Guest Hazel13

Hi Carla

Thanks that's kind, i'm right in Bris yes, I work in the valley. I'm not even sure where Coomera Waters is! :)

Hazel

Hi Hazel. Am in the same boat as you. Moved here at the end of January from scotland and finding it a little hard at times to settle in cause of the social life isn't the greatest here. If you fancy chatting I'll give you my facebook details, thats if you have facebook that is. anyway you can let us know.

Derek

Hi Hazel,

If you are on Facebook, try finding the group called The Brisbannittes (pretty sure they spelled it that way) - a big group of poms who get together every month or so, plus lots of smaller groups meeting up for coffee, girls night out etc. I am in a similar situation except I have a child as well, I find it quite isolating sometimes and between here and Brisbannittes, I have been rescued a few times from becoming a complete hermit. Feel free to PM if you like :)

Guest Kirbyhitch

Hey hazel, sorry to hear you and your partner have separated. I have also come here from the uk for my partner, who's just started work at the mines. I've only been here 3 months and have a few friends but mainly thro my fella. I work in the city so not far from you at all. What do you do for work? Where in the uk are you from?

Wld b great to catch up with a fellow pom! : )

Guest Kirbyhitch

I cannot see the groups you mention above. Would you mind inboxing me if you can please.

Thank you : )

Hi Hazel

I have moved here nearly 2 months ago and know very few people. I could meet up with you sometime for drinks, coffee or some sightseeing. I'm based close to Brisbane city. I do like it here. Be nice to get to know a few more people here though.

Catherine

Guest skicrazycat

Sorry....am I being stupid ..?? What is The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ????? I live on the sunshine coast but visit Brisbane often so def interested .....

Thxs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dezabel

Hi Hazel....

I totally know how you feel. I have been through the same thing a while back. Get in touch if you still like to meet up. I have facebook too.

Desi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ashwilkin

Hi All,

I came here with some friends and they recently went home leaving me by myself! Keen to meet up with anyone in the same boat!

Ash

Guest Helenaadams

Hi guys,

Originally from Leicestershire.

26 and 28 year old from brisbane area, no kids, been here a few years and always looking to meet new people for day trips, drinks and fun,

just saying hello

:biggrin:

Guest redryder

Hi Everyone, Can someone ping me the name of the facebook group mentioned?

My husband and I are moving to Brisbane at the start of next year - we are currently in Sydney - so will be looking to meet people as we don't know anyone up there!

Look forward to seeing some of you soon!

Archived