AHPRA Registration Activation

bikerdave

Hello to all as I have not posted for a while.

I thought I would post some info to save people some trouble.

When presenting at an AHPRA office to activate your registration you will need to bring:

ID (I brought an EU passport and UK driving licence)

The original letter posted to you stating you were eligible to register

Proof of Australian Visa (a printout of visa grant email is acceptable)

Proof of Address (bank statements,council tax bills THEY STRONGLY PREFER AN OZ ADDRESS-I GOT MY EMPLOYER

TO WRITE ME A LETTER STATING I WOULD BE STAYING AT HOSPITAL ACCOMMODATION)

Proof of Australian Employment(Job Offer Letter)

If you are missing any of these things they will NOT activate your registration.

Lastly, be warned. It takes up to 10 days before they actually activate your registration. Additionally, if you

present at an office other than where you applied they will post off the documents you present to your application

office (I presented at Brisbane, they had to post to Sydney).

I got caught out. I was supposed to start work on 25/06/2012 but had to wait until 27/06/2012 until my registration was active. At some point they will email you login details so you can check your registration online to verify it is active.

Hope that helps some people.

Bikerdave

Thanks Bikerdave,

My wife has a start date of 20 August and lodged the application to Peth Office however as her job in Sydney she will be visiting Sydney office to complete the registration. We will be arriving in Sydney on 10 August so planning to visit bank first to activate the account as well as to get the statement with my using my friends address and then visit AHPRA office on the same day to cpmplete registration process and we will be carring other required documents you already mentioned above.

Hello to all as I have not posted for a while.

I thought I would post some info to save people some trouble.

When presenting at an AHPRA office to activate your registration you will need to bring:

ID (I brought an EU passport and UK driving licence)

The original letter posted to you stating you were eligible to register

Proof of Australian Visa (a printout of visa grant email is acceptable)

Proof of Address (bank statements,council tax bills THEY STRONGLY PREFER AN OZ ADDRESS-I GOT MY EMPLOYER

TO WRITE ME A LETTER STATING I WOULD BE STAYING AT HOSPITAL ACCOMMODATION)

Proof of Australian Employment(Job Offer Letter)

If you are missing any of these things they will NOT activate your registration.

Lastly, be warned. It takes up to 10 days before they actually activate your registration. Additionally, if you

present at an office other than where you applied they will post off the documents you present to your application

office (I presented at Brisbane, they had to post to Sydney).

I got caught out. I was supposed to start work on 25/06/2012 but had to wait until 27/06/2012 until my registration was active. At some point they will email you login details so you can check your registration online to verify it is active.

Hope that helps some people.

Bikerdave

They post your passport/drivers licence etc or copies of them?

What happens if you don`t have a job offer upon arrival? They won`t activate until you do? Me and husband are both nurses, one of us will hopefully start working ASAP but the other one might need a bit of time to sort everything out with the kids.

Hiya

Just to add to this thread. My AHPRA eligilbility was due to run out in August and I was in a bit of a panic as our house isnt sold yet etc and we are not ready to move properly yet. After the amazing stress with my AHPRA from the UK the thought of having to do it again was not a good prospect !! Anyway we've just been over to validate our 176's and I went to the Melbourne office without a job offer. I took everything with me and all they wanted was -

Passport with visa stamp and date of entry in it

A letter from NAB bank with my friends OZ address (joined online from the UK using friends address - best thing I did !!) the letter only had my initials and surname on it.

A letter from a nursing agency in Melbourne saying I fulfilled their requirements and that they would offer me casual work once AHPRA was finalised (my name was spelt incorrectly in the letter)

The lady at the desk took photocopies of these and sent me on my way. I was in and out in 5 minutes - couldnt believe how easy it was

I emailed my case officer a few days later who was a bit stroppy as I should have made an appointment. I grovelled and apologised etc and the next day I had my registration number confirmation emailed to me and I am on the register Hurrah

So it can be done without a job offer. I did get a proper job offer the day after I went to AHPRA ironically

Good Luck all

Rachel

Hiya

Just to add to this thread. My AHPRA eligilbility was due to run out in August and I was in a bit of a panic as our house isnt sold yet etc and we are not ready to move properly yet. After the amazing stress with my AHPRA from the UK the thought of having to do it again was not a good prospect !! Anyway we've just been over to validate our 176's and I went to the Melbourne office without a job offer. I took everything with me and all they wanted was -

A letter from NAB bank with my friends OZ address (joined online from the UK using friends address - best thing I did !!) the letter only had my initials and surname on it.

A letter from a nursing agency in Melbourne saying I fulfilled their requirements and that they would offer me casual work once AHPRA was finalised (my name was spelt incorrectly in the letter)

The lady at the desk took photocopies of these and sent me on my way. I was in and out in 5 minutes - couldnt believe how easy it was

I emailed my case officer a few days later who was a bit stroppy as I should have made an appointment. I grovelled and apologised etc and the next day I had my registration number confirmation emailed to me and I am on the register Hurrah

So it can be done without a job offer. I did get a proper job offer the day after I went to AHPRA ironically

Good Luck all

Rachel

Hi Rachel, Congrats for the registration. How long they took after submitting the documents and had you lodged your initial application to Melbourne office or somewhere else. Also have you collected NAB statment at the same time when you activated your account.

.....mansawant

• 4 months later...
Hiya

Good Luck all

Rachel

Listening to your comments..I have just updated our ANZ bank account with my Cousin's local address so that we can use that as ID when visit AHPRA office in sydney..

Thanks..

Archived