Brisbane - Would like to meet fellow Poms

Guest Kirbyhitch

Guest Kirbyhitch

Hey guys, I've been here just under 3 months and loving it but I do miss the british sense of humour and having like minded people around me. I had a large circle of friends back home and find it difficult only having my fiance's(Aussie) friends to hang out with. Don't get me wrong they are awesome but I sometimes feel like a nuisance. I guess I miss having the independence I had back home. I'm 29 and originally from Bristol. If anyone is in a similar situation and fancies a natter over a coffee then just give me a yell

Guest Kirbyhitch

Hey TP, I currently live in Nundah but work in CBD. Do you work anywhere near the City, perhaps we could meet over a lunch break???

Devon is awesome hey, I bet you miss it. I miss Bristol heaps, apparently I've hit the 3 month blues, which isn't uncommon???

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I can second missing the sense of humour bit of west country humour in the form if bill bailey in Brissy next month though. I have been here for 6 months now and starting to feel a little more settled. Would be great to grab a coffee som time though pm me if you would like to meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Wow the sence of humour is a massive thing a people just look at me strange. Often think my "whats suppost to be funny comment" is serious.

I've been here for 4 years and have hit a massive down patch. Im newly single and moved here with my BF so we have the same group of friends I would love to get out and meet some new people - I live on the bayside and I'm 25.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived