Tax return help please please please.

swifty99

Good afternoon everyone,

I am just in the process of doing my first tax return and have completed the E Tax form on there website. They have come back to me stating i owe the ATO. I have been in the country this full tax year and have been in employment all year too. I have asked them to not lodge the return until i had some advice. Do you think its worth cancelling with E Tax as it was only $50 and going to an accountant. Everyone i speak always states you get money back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Good afternoon everyone,

I am just in the process of doing my first tax return and have completed the E Tax form on there website. They have come back to me stating i owe the ATO. I have been in the country this full tax year and have been in employment all year too. I have asked them to not lodge the return until i had some advice. Do you think its worth cancelling with E Tax as it was only $50 and going to an accountant. Everyone i speak always states you get money back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes people do say it a lot. But the reality is it makes no sense that eveyone would get money back.

I have not done my return yet but am fully expecting a bill, just like last year and I used an accountant, it doesn't help, you either owe money or you do not. But certainly that you owe money does not mean that you have done something wrong.

thanks for the input, the return states i am a resident. i know if i work it out manually then i owe roughly the same amount as what they are stating and that takes into account washing and phone expenses etc. don't know if its worth paying the account to tell me the same thing

thanks for the input, the return states i am a resident. i know if i work it out manually then i owe roughly the same amount as what they are stating and that takes into account washing and phone expenses etc. don't know if its worth paying the account to tell me the same thing

I should think probably not. Washing and phone expenses...? :biggrin:

Archived