NSW SS rejected, Victoria SS status ?

DFW

I am from Cochin(Kerala) currently in Pune, working for a MNC here as tester. Have they told you any reason for the rejection? I have been goin through some other forums as well and what I can understand is, Vic is rejecting those candidates who have not done their bachelors in computers and applied under 261314. Is this the same in your case?

and wat is your agent suggesting you to do?

No it's not that case, I have done my Bachelor's in Computers (a 4 year Engineering degree) ! I am from chandigarh !! They havn't told me any specific reasons..lol ..My agent is suggesting me to file for ACT, as its the only state left for software Testers, but in LIMITEd category .. I always wanted to see what a successfull application looks like .. hehehehe !! Do u have any agent or filing it for yourself ?

I looked into ACT earlier, They were requesting for proof of vacancies / jobs available in ACT to file for ACT SS.

For ACT, most software / tester / engineering jobs seems related to the military (Security Clearance required) or the government, meaning you need Citizenship to apply.

But it's worth a try if you can provide the required proof of vacancies. ACT sounds like a nice are to stay.

Surely VIC will see a lot of applications for SS, and I expect it depends also on the industry you are in. They will likely favour ICT / PC software experience over embedded systems experience ?

Best of luck !

Cheers,

No it's not that case, I have done my Bachelor's in Computers (a 4 year Engineering degree) ! I am from chandigarh !! They havn't told me any specific reasons..lol ..My agent is suggesting me to file for ACT, as its the only state left for software Testers, but in LIMITEd category .. I always wanted to see what a successfull application looks like .. hehehehe !! Do u have any agent or filing it for yourself ?

Even I filed it via an Agent. paid 60K. However now I feel that I shd have tried it by myself. Going through several blogs and forums I have got more information than my agents.

So looking at the present situation it looks difficult for Software Testers. I was extremely tensed until I got my SS and I had several thoughts regarding the steps ahead if my application gets rejected. Let me just suggest one way out, may be it sounds silly..

When I did my ACS assessment they requested for my roles and responsibilities. Most of the MNC's today doesnt provide such letter. So I had to define the roles by myself and provide a self statutoty declaration including one from my supervisor. So as per my current job profile I declared the roles of a software tester under 261314 and submitted for ACS.

So if there is an option for applying ACS assessment again then you could change your roles and responsibilities in order to match that of a software engineer 261313. If you get a +ve response you will be eligible to apply for 189. Hope it makes sense!!

Even I filed it via an Agent. paid 60K. However now I feel that I shd have tried it by myself. Going through several blogs and forums I have got more information than my agents.

So looking at the present situation it looks difficult for Software Testers. I was extremely tensed until I got my SS and I had several thoughts regarding the steps ahead if my application gets rejected. Let me just suggest one way out, may be it sounds silly..

When I did my ACS assessment they requested for my roles and responsibilities. Most of the MNC's today doesnt provide such letter. So I had to define the roles by myself and provide a self statutoty declaration including one from my supervisor. So as per my current job profile I declared the roles of a software tester under 261314 and submitted for ACS.

So if there is an option for applying ACS assessment again then you could change your roles and responsibilities in order to match that of a software engineer 261313. If you get a +ve response you will be eligible to apply for 189. Hope it makes sense!!

Yeah ! Have thought about it ! Trying for ACT as of now ! Lets see.. IF ACT doesnt clicks, probably will try the way that u've recommended :)

Archived