Sunshine Coast - September2012

Guest luckylady

Guest luckylady

Hello

I am moving to the sunshine coast with my family in September & would love to hear from any families already there. For general help, advise & a drink or two

I am earlyish 40's, Hubby early 50's and our daugher is 15.

We are looking at areas from Caloundra to Maroochydore

Thanks in advance

Guest luckylady
We are in Caloundra, what do you need to know?

Hi

I am just hoping to catch up with someone in the local area when we arrive, to gain some valuable advise on the local area.

Such as good / bad area, Rentals, schools, local transport, eating out, things to do, anything really to help the family settle as easily as possible.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lilmissp
Hello

I am moving to the sunshine coast with my family in September & would love to hear from any families already there. For general help, advise & a drink or two

I am earlyish 40's, Hubby early 50's and our daugher is 15.

We are looking at areas from Caloundra to maroochydore

Thanks in advance

Hi we are also moving to sunshine coast and looking at same areas. We are still awaiting visa but have been told it shouldnt be long. We also have a daughter of 15 and are 40ish :)

Guest lilmissp
Hi we are in Buderim, in our 40's with kids of 14, 9, 8 & 4.

Been here 2 years now and settled.

PM me with any questions.

Buderim is great.

Hi we are looking at Buderim area and also have 4 kids although they are slightly older than yours. Is Buderim nice what about flooding? Was wondering if we would be able to organise a rental before we arrive but we dont know how easy it will be to get accomodation. What did you do on arrival?

Buderim is lovely and very convenient for everything on the Coast with good schools (State and Private) and is very much a quiet and tranquil residential area.

In the heavy flooding there was only one area of Buderim that was flooded and that was only for a couple of hours and that was exceptional - it was on a roundabout and I don't think any houses were affected. Alexandra headland and the Kawana area got belted that day.

You might be able to get a rental if you contact Amber Werchon in Mooloolaba - google her - she is an amazing estate agent and an honest one! We rented an apartment in the Newport building in Mooloolaba for a couple of months. It was perfectly ok but with very young kids it was hard going.

Or you could contact Ged Lunny on http://www.ozrelocations.com we used him and he was great.

Just PM me if I can help further and please do get in touch when you arrive.

Archived