The downside (and upside) of being single is.................

Guest shaunaforoz

Yeh alls fine, just an update on the manequin,Turns out she felt used,we talked and she quit.Got a part time job in the window down town,so i guess im doin the single thing again....I dont know its the silence,.....Talking in the mirror now, trying to talk before my own mouth answers back...........its like being in a relationship again.

going to lie down....................with the mop

I love being single been that way for 19 months after a 7 year relationship ended badly. I do what i want when i want only trouble now is a beautiful young woman has made it clear she wants more than the 3 dates we've been on so far oh well if only all lifes troubles were as hot

I bought a manaquin,it was ok, but i felt used, so i told her to hop it. Shes still here but we dont talk. If i had got a blow up wife i could flat pack her away, but their not the same.The manequinn is good for two occupancy lanes into town,quicker etc.Still we dont talk. Should have gone to specsavers:wink:

HAHA! proper banter mate! luv it !!!!:biglaugh:

I went out tonight....I didn't mean for anything to happen and I wasn't looking for anything. But before I knew it, I was back in my place and I was all over myself! Haha:biglaugh:

missus B,.............. iv gone all of a dither reading your post:chatterbox:. It would have been prudent to set out some rules before an evening ouit with yourself,you know, no funny business, bill splitdown the middle. If its one thing that annoys me its those people that take advantage of themselves.( Did you pay ALL the taxi fare) lol

I've been single now for just over a year and although it has its good points I do miss the friendship and the not having someone to share things with. I hope that I will meet someone to have all that with but until then I'm just enjoying being selfish and having a bit of me time!

:wink:

The only thing I miss about being single is having the bed to myself - I'm such a bed and duvet hog lol! And being in a relationship with someone doesn't mean free massages....I've threatened Paul that if he doesn't give me a massage i'm gonna pay some sexy man to do it! haha :P

Must admit i'll be glad when we're settled and both working, and I can get more 'me' time, I miss curling up and reading books or with my ipod!

you beat me to it! i was going to say the exact same. Im actually going to have to go book a massage next week i think. The good thing about being single is you only have yourself to think about - the downside for me is when something good or funny happened to me i always felt like i missed having someone to tell or share it with and all my friends were loved up with their bf's!

should be able to do what you want when your with someone i think (own space etc)

since when did a girl ever buy her own chips and not just nick someone else's........

Downsides?

I have to iron,i do everything else around the hse but iron,im useless at it:no:

Upsides?

Yer can use the curtains:twitcy:(kidding!)

Yer can eat ice cream or caseroles straight out the tub/roasting dish without someone shaking their head:daydreaming:

yer can walk round the house naked without someone mocking your body whilst laffing their swede off and throwing sticky buns at yer:sad:

Yer wont have to "perform" when theres footy on the telly,yes these modern women are shameless harlots these days:mad:,even demanding "things":wideeyed:

Theres nobody analysing how much whisky yer ended up going thru the night before...:policeman:

Theres nobody to remind you that "you fell off the couch twice last night":rolleyes:

Yer dont have to have "good" towels that just live untouched on the stand,and ordinary towels that yer use:twitcy:

yer dont have to have 48 cushions on the couches that just get in the way,wtf is it with women and cushions?!! i just lash them behind the couch when i sit on it anyway:daydreaming:

Yer dont have to trundle down the shop at all hours when its "that" time and they are sitting in the corner curled up into the feotal position like a drug addict turkeying for chocolate:yes:

Yer dont have another car to put air in tyres,check oil and water etc because they cant use a tyre gauge:no:

Ahhhh i'l stop there for now:wubclub:

Downsides?

I have to iron,i do everything else around the hse but iron,im useless at it:no:

Upsides?

Yer can eat ice cream or caseroles straight out the tub/roasting dish without someone shaking their head:daydreaming:

yer can walk round the house naked without someone mocking your body whilst laffing their swede off and throwing sticky buns at yer:sad:

Yer wont have to "perform" when theres footy on the telly,yes these modern women are shameless harlots these days:mad:,even demanding "things":wideeyed:

Theres nobody analysing how much whisky yer ended up going thru the night before...:policeman:

Theres nobody to remind you that "you fell off the couch twice last night":rolleyes:

Yer dont have to have "good" towels that just live untouched on the stand,and ordinary towels that yer use:twitcy:

yer dont have to have 48 cushions on the couches that just get in the way,wtf is it with women and cushions?!! i just lash them behind the couch when i sit on it anyway:daydreaming:

Yer dont have to trundle down the shop at all hours when its "that" time and they are sitting in the corner curled up into the feotal position like a drug addict turkeying for chocolate:yes:

Yer dont have another car to put air in tyres,check oil and water etc because they cant use a tyre gauge:no:

:laugh::wink:

Upsides?:biggrin:

Yer dont have to plot up upstairs every night of the week because theres depressing soaps on the telly,people getting ran over over by trams in Blackpool,incestuos relationships all over the place:no:,actors that are playing a 60 year old man with a northern accent in one soap with a big false nose on,then crop up in another soap a week later playing a 30 year old cockney car salesman,is there a revolving soap opera door that these actors just get out at one soap then the other?HOW can yer believe the characters ffs!:arghh:

People killing each other,women not knowing who the father of the baby is,mental breakdowns,eastenders screaming the room out at each other,big pat butcher going round and smashing someones ead in.

Then big phil learns of it and he goes and smashes the same ead in,BUT its a gangsters son wouldnt yer know! and big Phil has to disapear to spain,is he dead?no! he crops up 6 months later or something ,he's been living a double life in Benidorm as a drag act to throw the gangsters off his trail:no:

HOW does she watch them!!! i despise soaps if yer hadnt guessed,and dont start me on "talent" shows!

Theres nobody to ask "how many chongs is that you've had now?"(knowing FULL WELL how many you've had):mad:

To which the reply is allways the same " i dont know,ask me one on footy,ive got more chance with that":daydreaming:

All in all,after analysing the spreadsheets and data:GEEK:,the only conclusion i can come to is that if yer can iron yer can live with me:twitcy:

Upsides?:biggrin:

Yer dont have to plot up upstairs every night of the week because theres depressing soaps on the telly,people getting ran over over by trams in Blackpool,incestuos relationships all over the place:no:,actors that are playing a 60 year old man with a northern accent in one soap with a big false nose on,then crop up in another soap a week later playing a 30 year old cockney car salesman,is there a revolving soap opera door that these actors just get out at one soap then the other?HOW can yer believe the characters ffs!:arghh:

People killing each other,women not knowing who the father of the baby is,mental breakdowns,eastenders screaming the room out at each other,big pat butcher going round and smashing someones ead in.

Then big phil learns of it and he goes and smashes the same ead in,BUT its a gangsters son wouldnt yer know! and big Phil has to disapear to spain,is he dead?no! he crops up 6 months later or something ,he's been living a double life in Benidorm as a drag act to throw the gangsters off his trail:no:

HOW does she watch them!!! i despise soaps if yer hadnt guessed,and dont start me on "talent" shows!

Theres nobody to ask "how many chongs is that you've had now?"(knowing FULL WELL how many you've had):mad:

To which the reply is allways the same " i dont know,ask me one on footy,ive got more chance with that":daydreaming:

All in all,after analysing the spreadsheets and data:GEEK:,the only conclusion i can come to is that if yer can iron yer can live with me:twitcy:

Am so with you mate. In the UK and in Cyprus (with BFBS) the missus watched every single soap going. Even in Kenya she managed to get Eastenders and some Australian thing (xxxx's Daughters, can't remember the whole name). I just can't afford to have my brain rot away watching that tripe - I've got to earn a crust. Over here she insists on watching crappy reality shows on Channels 7, 9 & 10 whilst I have a strict ABC or SBS only policy other than sport.

My lifesaver - I have a dog. I walk the dog, the wife watches telly. Suits us both.

Your on fine form today pabs:yes: :wink:

Just observations mate,i despise them soap operas,depress the life out of me,ive tried sitting there for 5 minutes watching them with her,just to be "nice" like:wubclub:,but jesus wept they ARE depressing!

Its a touchy subject in ours,i cant even get me words out now when i go to comment on them:no:

I'l just shake me ead in disbelief at one of the storylines and say "how can yer.....

And right away before i can finish i get "listen,I like them!:mad:do I slate you for watching cowboy zombies versus the vampires,or swamp thing versus zombie nurses,or ranting and raving on LFC TV about Liverpool,or ranting on radio merseyside about football?do i? do i?!:mad:"

I say "yeah but i only watch them coz they tickle me after a smoke,they dont depress the life out...

And its "oh leave it,i'l just wait till theres a footy match on and talk right the way thru it,and rubbish it,ok:mad:"

Me "yeah i'l shut up then eh,dont want yer missing the plot do we,mandy Dingles having a kid is it?not sure if its zak or the dad who's the father eh,dont worry you'l catch up with it":rolleyes:

So i just stay out the way now,i just cant help but say something,opiniated me!:laugh:

Right,im off for the messages,catch yer later mate:wubclub:

Am so with you mate. In the UK and in Cyprus (with BFBS) the missus watched every single soap going. Even in Kenya she managed to get Eastenders and some Australian thing (xxxx's Daughters, can't remember the whole name). I just can't afford to have my brain rot away watching that tripe - I've got to earn a crust. Over here she insists on watching crappy reality shows on Channels 7, 9 & 10 whilst I have a strict ABC or SBS only policy other than sport.

My lifesaver - I have a dog. I walk the dog, the wife watches telly. Suits us both.

Awwwwwww classic!!! that tickled me that mate!:laugh:you have my sympathies!

Just observations mate,i despise them soap operas,depress the life out of me,ive tried sitting there for 5 minutes watching them with her,just to be "nice" like:wubclub:,but jesus wept they ARE depressing!

Its a touchy subject in ours,i cant even get me words out now when i go to comment on them:no:

I'l just shake me ead in disbelief at one of the storylines and say "how can yer.....

And right away before i can finish i get "listen,I like them!:mad:do I slate you for watching cowboy zombies versus the vampires,or swamp thing versus zombie nurses,or ranting and raving on LFC TV about Liverpool,or ranting on radio merseyside about football?do i? do i?!:mad:"

I say "yeah but i only watch them coz they tickle me after a smoke,they dont depress the life out...

And its "oh leave it,i'l just wait till theres a footy match on and talk right the way thru it,and rubbish it,ok:mad:"

Me "yeah i'l shut up then eh,dont want yer missing the plot do we,mandy Dingles having a kid is it?not sure if its zak or the dad who's the father eh,dont worry you'l catch up with it":rolleyes:

So i just stay out the way now,i just cant help but say something,opiniated me!:laugh:

Right,im off for the messages,catch yer later mate:wubclub:

Great posts lad, recon your feelin better:yes: and the footy season just round the corner:biggrin: catch yer mate.

Downsides?

Upsides?

:biglaugh:,,,

Interesting to see someone else splitting up because they want to follow their dream. I am too... 9 year relationship is going. And yes I feel selfish...

Looking forward to being single but I suspect it wont last long.....

Upside definitely no Soaps :)

Downside my gaff is going to be a right mess with no moaning!!!!

Archived