Guest yvonne-d

We are hopefully heading off to Newcastle NSW in march april ,

if we can sell the bl**dy house! It would be nice to know

someone else out there befor we go..

Yvonne. 36_1_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxpt310YYGB

Guest Nige&Andrea

Hi,

Not there yet, but also hopefully moving to Newcastle area. We are off for a holiday in a couple of weeks and will look at the coastal areas nearby for somewhere to possibly live. Have you decided on which area / schools you are heading for? Just picking your brains! There's a good chance of jobs for us in Newcastle at the John Hunter hospital.

Good luck,

Nige, Andrea, Ryan(8) & Charlotte (5)

Guest yvonne-d

Hi there, i was getting a bit worried, starting thinking we were the only people moving out to

newcastle. We are going to Carrington or there abouts, as my husbonds work is there,

have only looked at schools on internet but all look good. House prices look good but we

are hoping to build after we become permenent residence. What visa are you going on?

How far along in the process are you? Hope you have a good holiday got to be hotter than here!

yvonne36_1_26.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxpt310YYGB

Guest Nige&Andrea

Hi Yvonne,

We are hopefully going on Skilled Migration 175, we've started to do the online application which is currently saved on file until we get our skills assessment back which should be in the next month.

After that comes back it will just be a question of completing the rest of the online application forms......and then the wait...........

We are staying at Soldiers Point for a couple of days ( about 30km from Newcastle) but will travel in to see what the city has to offer. We'd quite like to be out of the city and be able to commute to work.

Have you seen this website? Welcome to Newcastle City Council - Carrington

you probably have, but it has lots of good info on Newcastle I thought.

Anyway, we'll keep an eye on the thread and post some pics when we come back.

Guest yvonne-d

Hi ,

Thanks for that i had not found that one yet and it has some great info on it.

Hope your skills assesment goes well, and would love to see some pics when you get back.

We are a little bit further than you but are going on 457, got medicals next week.

Yvonne.

Hi. Hope your plans are coming together. We arrived from the UK in November and currently buying a house in Fountaindale about one hour South of Newcastle. Newcastle is a great choice. It still seems to suffers from an image problem, which is certainly no longer deserved. The city is on the up and up and has a rich architectural and industrial heritage.

I am setting up an architectural consultancy from our new home and always willing to help someone wanting to build their own home, if that is still your plan.

Stuart and Amelia. Previously of Chingford N London.

Guest rabbyboy18

Hi,

we are actually flying out to the area in March to have a look around. I have been offered a job in Williamtown so we are going for a recce. Have you been to look round and if so what's it like.

Rob

Guest Australia

Hey People, My hubbie and I are thinkin bout going to Newcastle as we are about to put in subclass 175 app as points came back all good! Hubbie is an engineer -fitter and done a bit of research and it seems there are lots of engineer jobs about. We have also looked on a site and downloaded a brilliant site and there seems to be plenty to do, cinemas, theatres, shops, bars, cafes restaurants, ocean baths-safe to swim. Plenty of museums and galleries, which interest me as wud luv to get a job in the arts! looks fantastic for all people all ages, wud luv to see some photos of the place if people do go for rekkies!!

Check out for fab guide: www.visitnewcastle.com.au

Guest yvonne-d

Thanks Stunmilie we might take you up on that.

It has been one of our dreams to build our own house

and something to look foward to when we get to Aus.

Guest yvonne-d

Hi Rob, not been there myself but hubby worked out there for 5 months,

he loved the place and got offerd full time work out there on railways

He said place so clean and people so friendly, good nightlife and lovely beaches

cant wait to go back to live...

yvonne

Guest yvonne-d

Hi Australia,

Loved the site Hubby has been to a few of the bars and other places on that site

(well he said it was just a few.... hic) he said he only saw one fight when he

was out at night and that was started by some Americans..

Like he said lovely place even better people..

Yvonne

Guest Australia

Yeah Hopefully we will like it, thats if we get accepted we put in big application yesterday and have got quite scared and nervous about the thought of it but also excited. I feel like my emotions are in a tumbledryer!!

Good luck with your move and we might c ya about in sunny Newcastle some time this year?!!!

Guest yvonne-d

36_20_4.gif Hi Australia,

Know how you feel,just had offer on house not a good one but it might get better!!

but starting to feel real now and very scared. Just keep thinking about how much better life will

be for the kids...Newcastle hopefully april..

Yvonne

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxpt310YYGB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Squizza

Hi all,

We have just put in our application and are hoping to head for Newcastle. Would

love to chat to anyone else who is out there or planning to head out there this year - it would be good to know someone before we head out there!!

:yes:

Squizza

Guest yvonne-d

Hi Squizza,

Our family should be out in Newcastle by April, if house sells.

Meds just gone through, so all resting on house now....

Hope your application goes through ok, and not too meny hold ups.

Feel free to pm me any time, with any questions you might have on Newcastle.

Yvonne.

• 1 year later...

5we've been in Eleebana (20 mins outside Newcastle) since Jan and loving it,we're not far away from the lake,it's agreat place if you've got kids plenty of space to run around,bike paths round the lake,plenty of restaurants and grreat schools.I've 2 boys Jordan 10 and Elliot 5,they are at Eleebana school they have settled in well and everybody has made them so welcome,I was worried at first especially with Jordan but he loves it and never wants to mive back to England and if they're happy you're happy.Not sold the house in the UK but are currently renting it out which is a bloody pain as it means that we can't buy here.Anyway best of luck and if I can be of any help just ask.

Guest Undecided!

Just wanted to say Hi. We are a family of 5 who are also planning to move to Newcastle later this year - we should be arriving in November. It's great to know that there are a few others who will also be recent arrivals!

Kas - it's good to hear that your boys have settled in well at Eleebana school - this is one of the schools we're looking at for our three. How did you come to choose that one? Are there any other schools you heard good things about? Eleebana itself sounds really nice - good to hear there are some nice restaurants etc! Was finding a rental there quite easy for you? I've heard there's a lot of competition for rental properties....?

Anytime you want to just splurge info about the town, schools etc, etc please feel free! I feel like I can't get enough info about the place!

All the best, Heidi.

:chatterbox:Hi undecided,

My OH came out in August last year as he had to start his new job whist myself and my two boys stayed in the UK to try and sell the house,so his mission was to find a good school and a nice area to live in.He did alot of research and driving around at week-ends looking at lots of areas and fell in love with Eleebana,it's so beautiful and great for the kids. He went to the school and liked what he saw,it also helped that the school performs very well academicaly,which to some people is irrelevant but it was important to us as Aussie schools I've heard are slightly behinde compared to UK schools.Anyway the children have made my two feel so welcome,they love their accents especialy the girls.

Finding rental properties was difficult for my OH to sort out prior to our arrival as usually the viewings were in the middle of the day and my husband was at work,but I found one within 2 weeks of our arrival in January,there are a few for rent in this area,I think it was quite busy before Christmas but has quitened down a bit so find no trouble in finding somewhere.

I hope I've been of some help,if you need any thing else just let me know because you know what I kept asking myself I hope we're doing the right thing but it's the best thing we've ever done,I do get homesick but apparately that's part and parcel of wanting a better life.

Guest Undecided!

Hi Kas - thanks so much for your reply and your words of reassurance. The more I hear about Eleebana the more I like the sound of it - great to hear that you managed to find a rental fairly easily once you got out there. Out of interest, where did you stay until you found it? Are there any good short term lets you can recommend?

• 1 month later...
Guest markytina

Hi there,

I know this is an old post, but we're new to PIO.

We're moving to Newcastle 1st July. We'll be staying with family in New Lambton.

This is the 1st post that has mentioned Newcastle?? Was starting to think we're the only 1's going???:)

VISA LOGGED 15TH JULY 2008

MEDS N PC REQUEST 3RD MARCH 2009

VISA GRANTED 3RD APRIL 2009

Guest Australia

Hey Gday

we still should be heading to Newcastle, prob around October time need to be there before Nov 26th!!

Do you have any jobs lined up? etc?

Still havin rollercoaster of emotions!! x

:laugh::wideeyed:

Guest erterrell

Hi!

Great to read your posts, I have just joined up to PIO today!

I am moving to Newcastle from the UK on the 10th July! My boyfriend is already living there and I am moving out to join him. Am a nurse so have found it relatively simple to get work .. start work on the 13th July. very excited to be moving. Would be great to hear how you get on and maybe meet up in July sometime?? would be nice to have some BRIT friends out there!!! Hope all your plans are coming together well.

Guest robbyhooper

Hi

Me and my wife are looking to go to newcastle in august/september , with a 10 year old and a two year old and looking at the kotara area , and then looking for a job as a carpenter .

Regards

Rob,meredith,owain,megan

Archived