Leaving credit card in Australia?

Guest MrPaulJames

I have a ''small £5000'' loan in the UK, that I will be paying off from Oz. I got to to replace the leaking windows and doors in my house. I could afford it at the time and still can, as I have a good job. But as Pablo says, circumstances change and have been changing for many people over the last few years.

I'm not comfortable with people judging others as to why they borrow money. It doesn't really matter and it's none of anyone's business, if I borrow $7000 to buy a year's supply of bread and milk. The point is, the guy has come on here for advice, and that's what he should be getting. Not a bunch of ''told you so's''............

wasn't judging anyone. Just giving my view on borrowing money...

thought it was good advice, its the advice ive been given and stand by.

I think it does matter why you borrow money, intact thats the whole point !

Money to replace leaking doors and windows that would damage your house seems like a sensible reason to borrow money.

Borrowing money to expand a business is great.

Money to pay for you girlfriend to go to a wedding is (want to say ridiculous) not very sensible. IMHO.

If op gets offended because he feels judged, well there is nothing really I can do about that. Thats his decision.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MrPaulJames
wasn't judging anyone. Just giving my view on borrowing money...

thought it was good advice, its the advice ive been given and stand by.

I think it does matter why you borrow money, intact thats the whole point !

Money to replace leaking doors and windows that would damage your house seems like a sensible reason to borrow money.

Borrowing money to expand a business is great.

Money to pay for you girlfriend to go to a wedding is (want to say ridiculous) not very sensible. IMHO.

If op gets offended because he feels judged, well there is nothing really I can do about that. Thats his decision.

Ah well shame I can't go back in time and take your very important opinions with me... Clearly you've never made any mistakes or ever had any financial issues. Good for you.

Ah well shame I can't go back in time and take your very important opinions with me... Clearly you've never made any mistakes or ever had any financial issues. Good for you.

It's not whether you make mistakes that is important. It's what you do about them when you do make them that will begin to shape your life and who you are.

Guest GeorgeD
I hope not, as they certainly didn't mind giving me one when I mentioned the sponsorship visa in the bank....

Pretty sure you're fine with this...I was talking to my wife about credit cards just the other day. I am only a Temp Resident and don't have one...she said she got hers on her original 457 visa, also a Temp Visa. She was with NAB. I know CBA were the most flexible with my Temp Residency when we took out our mortgage (they allowed us only a 3% deposit) so I wouldn't have any concern that they had an issue with your status when you got your credit card.

Archived