Melbourne Remains World's Most Liveable City

StevieF8

Jesus, Perth?? And you think Smellbum is functional, efficient but lacking any personality

Perth is a cool city, ticks a lot of boxes for me right now. That might change in the future but for now it's where we want to be. Just shows it's all subjective, I'm sure there's probably someone in sitting in Mogadishu right now thinking "wow, what a place".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perth is a cool city, ticks a lot of boxes for me right now. That might change in the future but for now it's where we want to be. Just shows it's all subjective, I'm sure there's probably someone in sitting in Mogadishu right now thinking "wow, what a place".

Fair enough

I'm off to No 9.

Cape Town is the best city I've ever been to. It's probably my girlfriends best feature (being from Cape Town :laugh:). I think I've made the mistake of using it as a benchmark for where I'd like to live though. Not many cities can live up to how outstandingly stunning it is. Visiting Cape Town on my way to Melbourne probably helped me realise how much of a bland and ordinary city Melbourne is. Melbourne should really be a German city, functional, efficient but lacking any personality.

Noticed quite a few saffas from Cape Town complaining of security issues now. Steel doors locking off the bedrooms, excessive muggings on the beach etc. Not as bad as other places but not good either from the posts I've been reading. One side of the story sometimes from people leaving but it does sound concerning.

I think Melbourne is definitely up there with the best- I was originally a Londoner and the thing with London is that it is so diverse it is impossible to categorise- goes from totally vile to really hopping. Melbourne overall is pretty damn good but like othere I wish they would shut up about it because we are FULL- don't want anymore here, the traffic is getting worse and worse and we don't want any more neighbours . Please keep spreading it around that it smells, is boring, whatever. All go to Perth instead.

Archived