Family moving to Melbourne

Guest Jassop

Guest Jassop

Hiya

We are moving to Melbourne in October and have 2 boys aged 6 and 3 - would love to start meeting people in and around the city, with or without kids. We are hoping to live in Edithvale/Aspendale - anyone else round there? I will be working in the CBD

Sophie xx

Hi my husband is going to Melbourne in sept us in October, got two boys 8 and other will be turning 4 at the end of October. Not sure properly were we will be living yet my husband has 4 maybe jobs which he is going to look into when we're there. But we are looking over your kinda of way.

Are you excited and nervous ...lol......and sim of researching..

Goid luck keep in touch

Guest Jassop

Hiya, lovely to hear from you, sounds like we will be arriving around the same time! I am an equal mix of really excited and incredibly nervous, has been a very weird time, but overall we are ready to go and want to do it! We liked the look of aspendale and edithvale area as was close to sea, not too expensive, but the schools look lovely and aspendale class size was 20 or 22! Seem to spend all day researching!! What job does your husband do?? Will keep in touch for sure xxx

Yeh I have noticed a lot of schools have 20-22 pupils per class which is great...better than 30 here. Have you been over to validate or is your first time, we have been to Melbourne twice once for 6 months about 11 yrs ago and in feb to validate for 3 weeks. We have sold our house and plan to move out on 1st October. Got John Masons coming 3rd sept, providing we can get the contracts signed for the house, not booking flights or paying for shipment until I no for def...lol.

Were are you from? Am I Rochdale not far from Manchester.

It would be good for our boys to meet up some little friends for them.....and for us..lol

My husbands a joiner.

Guest Jassop

School sizes seem so much better over there!

I went to melbourne for a week in July to see the new job and look around, which I loved. I lodged my visa today so waiting for that to come back, then we go.....!We are renting our house to start with but will sell if we decide to stay. We also haven't booked flights yet....

I am from Cornwall, right at the bottom not too far from penzance - would be lovely to meet up once we all get there! keep me posted with how you get on and when you know you are leaving and good luck with everything. I had a real wobble this afternoon once I had submitted the visa wondering if I had done the right thing - I really hope I have!!

xxx

Yeh I have noticed a lot of schools have 20-22 pupils per class which is great...better than 30 here. Have you been over to validate or is your first time, we have been to Melbourne twice once for 6 months about 11 yrs ago and in feb to validate for 3 weeks. We have sold our house and plan to move out on 1st October. Got John Masons coming 3rd sept, providing we can get the contracts signed for the house, not booking flights or paying for shipment until I no for def...lol.

Were are you from? Am I Rochdale not far from Manchester.

It would be good for our boys to meet up some little friends for them.....and for us..lol

My husbands a joiner.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sophie,

We have just moved to Melbourne just over two weeks ago. After a fruitless search for a decent rental in Bayside we have decided on Bentleigh East but I know Bayside area and below quite well now after spending hours driving around house hunting there! We have a 3 year old boy and 15 months old girl.

Give us a shout if you fancy a meet up when we settle.

x

Guest jamesandstephcole

Hello All, we are a family with 2 children - 8 and 9 - we are taking the long road down and will be there in December. will be great to hook up. We are hoping to sort schools in time for the new school year - Yikes!... no jobs yet either. still we can worry about that when we get there, we have to trek down thailand Singapore and then get on a boat.

All the best to you all

Any of you who are not members of Life in Victoria there is a link at the foot of this one. Head over there as most members are now living here and will be able to help you with your settling in, schools etc.

Arriving in December is a difficult time for enrolling in schools as its the long summer holidays and the schools are closed from just before Christmas until February.

hi every one, in a similar situation my fiance is in melbourne he arrived on thursday he has a sponsored job on a 457 vis me and my 5year old son are just in the process of appliying for our partner visa and are hoping to be there at the end of nov start of dec. we dont have an exact are to live as yet but weve been looking around dandenong then possibly thomas town and epping ( if anyone has any input on these places that would be great). Would be fantastic to be intouch with people in similar situations when we get there.

Hi

My husband and I moved to Melbourne just under 3 weeks ago on a 457 visa. We live in Brunswick just outside the city...Marcus started work out here on Monday I am looking for work as I need to intergrate to keep my sanity!..We have grown up kids in UK so just the 2 of us here..I'm sure you will meet people they are all so friendly here any questions I can try and help...

Diane

Hello everyone.

My name is Sara and I live in a little suburb called The Basin, which is at the bottom of the Dandenong ranges. It's been 6 years since we escaped from Oldham, Manchester, my partner Nick and I have a 4 1/2 yo daughter called Charlotte. I am happy to meet up to pass on my wisdom!!

Sara

Archived