Flight Prices and Baggage

LizOz

Does anyone know if the flight prices change massively? We are planning to travel in March 2013 and not sure whether to book flights now or wait. The only reason for waiting is that after Christmas we are going to start to apply for jobs and just thinking about flexibility incase we were offered something?

Also I know that Singapore Airlines in crease your baggage allowence but does anyone know whether Cathay or Malaysia do? Just thinking about potential stopovers.....

SOmetimes the prices can increase. We are going over to validate our visas in a few weeks, I booked our flights in Jan, looked the other day on Emirates site and were still charging same prices as when I looked in Jan. But were are flying malaysian airlines.

If you open a bank account with ANZ you can get 50kg of baggage allowance with Emiraites. I have only heard of Singapore Airlines doing the extra baggage allowance - you would need to contact the others before booking to check.

excuse me for being stupid and asking something dense but what do you have to do to get additional baggage???

Be a holder of an unvalidated permanent visa. If its validated or not permanent, you don't qualify for the migrant excess.

Mine is temp partner :( oh well

Fly with BA or Qantas and check their excess baggage charge for a 23kg bag. Its reasonable. Probably less than you'd pay price wise on a ticket with SA or Emirates. About $100 AUD iirc. A number of people have mentioned the new way they charge now on those airlines and it seems to add up financially.

Archived