anyone rural NSW??

We are already in Oz and have been since 2007. We live in a small country town (800 people) called Rylstone - about 7 hours drive from Moree. When are you moving over?

We are hoping to be over by November all being well. How do you like Rylstone?

Love it - the best move we ever made. I came from Liverpool in the UK (so a huge city) but hubby is from Newry (he moved to Liverpool in 2002). We came out to Oz originall on holiday in 2006 and fell in love with the laid back way of life. We wanted to get away from the city life so decided to go the whole way and make a country move. My kids are grown up (two are still in the UK) but my eldest (24) is out here too. I am a primary school teacher and hubby is a self employed builder. We were both lucky to find work very quickly and have settled really well. We have just applied for Australian Citizenship too. Currently building our dream home on 10 acres. Things are definitely not as cheap here as they used to be but overall the cost of living is definitely lower than the UK and the standard of living much better. Our little country town is a beautiful picturesque little place - have a look at www.rylstone.com Good luck with your move. Keep in touch.

Caron and Rod

Love it - the best move we ever made. I came from Liverpool in the UK (so a huge city) but hubby is from Newry (he moved to Liverpool in 2002). We came out to Oz originall on holiday in 2006 and fell in love with the laid back way of life. We wanted to get away from the city life so decided to go the whole way and make a country move. My kids are grown up (two are still in the UK) but my eldest (24) is out here too. I am a primary school teacher and hubby is a self employed builder. We were both lucky to find work very quickly and have settled really well. We have just applied for Australian Citizenship too. Currently building our dream home on 10 acres. Things are definitely not as cheap here as they used to be but overall the cost of living is definitely lower than the UK and the standard of living much better. Our little country town is a beautiful picturesque little place - have a look at www.rylstone.com Good luck with your move. Keep in touch.

Caron and Rod

Caron and Rod that sounds and looks idyllic. The Blue Mountains are something else!! Yes I would love to keep in touch. Good luck with the build! :biggrin:

Just wondering where about in Ireland you are from. Hubby lived in Newry but travelled over the north quite a lot working as a builder (and was in a band for a while).

We live in Downpatrick 40 miles further up the coast. One of the Bay City Rollers was from there and the band ASH too.

Guest Locksley

Hi guys

We've just moved to rural Warragamba.

My wife and I do a lot of trail biking and camping in the Blue Mtns.

Been through Rylstone a few times.

Cross country, on the dirt roads, Rylstone's a couple of hours away at the most.

Quicker if we used tar roads.

We'll be hitting the trails again once the warmer weather starts.

I'll try and remember to send you a PM next time we're up that way.

As you're so close to Lithgow, make sure you don't miss out on the Iron Fest, held every year.

A very unique day out.

http://www.ironfest.com.au/

Cheers: Locksley

Archived