Lonely in "The Hills" NSW

Guest The Williamsons

Guest The Williamsons

Hi all,

Firstly Id like to wish you all a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" as I havent been on since we left on 30th December 07.

We celebrated our new year in Hong Kong which was amazing and then headed for our new home - Sydney!

Since arriving, my husbands company were renting a place for us in Parramatta which was fab and just down the road from Westfields!!!! We have now moved into our own apartment in Baulkham Hills which is lovely but not in the hussle and bussle of Parramatta.

My OH started work last week and now its just me and my 3 year old little boy home alone through the day. Last week was great as we went to the pool and had a walk up to the small but friendly shopping centre here in Baulkham hills, but as the weather is miserable at the moment we are practically stuck in doors.

Im sure my little fella is getting fed up of my miserable face and hearing me moaning as I am of hearing him REPEATEDLY asking when the sun is coming back out, or if we can go to the pool!!!!! I have searched the net high and low for some playgroups in this area, but unfortunately they dont start till feb.

If any of you out there is living close and would like to meet up for a coffee PLEASE mail me. I would love my boy to mix with other children as soon as possible as im sure he his missing his friends back in UK (as am I).

We are living on Windsor Road and I dont have any transport at the moment (hoping to get that sorted next week) Catching the bus isnt a problem as long as I know where Im going!!!!!!

I'll look forward to hearing from someone soon x

Rebecca ( and Mackenzie) :sad:

Hi Rebecca

There are a group of expat mums who meet every Tuesday at Castle Hill RSL with preschool kids - looks like that's exactly what you need with your little one.

I've just joined this site so amn't sure what the form is about mentioning other sites, but essentially you need to look at the British Expats website under meet ups and there is a thread going there titled "Castle Hill Tuesdays". Apologies in advance if that's against the rules!

D x

Guest orangegerbera2003

Hi there

I had seen a few people mention the "British Expats!" website. I have tried to find it but couldn't find it on the web. Would someone mind sending me the link? Thanks so much.

Guest Jon & Di

Hi - We arrived in Sydney on 14th Jan - work is starting on 21st, in the mean time, we are house hunting in the Hills. We have a 15 year old daughter (who adores children but is in Brisbane this week) so if you would like to meet up for a coffee, let me know. I have transport, and will be in the hills most days looking at houses and schools.

Di

Hi - We arrived in Sydney on 14th Jan - work is starting on 21st, in the mean time, we are house hunting in the Hills. We have a 15 year old daughter (who adores children but is in Brisbane this week) so if you would like to meet up for a coffee, let me know. I have transport, and will be in the hills most days looking at houses and schools.

Di

Hi Di

We arrived 2 weeks ago and have a 16 yr old daughter, we are quite a way from you though, down in Mount Annan nr Cambelltown. I also have a car and dont mind driving (keep getting lost though!).

Hows your daughter finding it?

Mines a bit lost with no school to go to so no friends yet!

Sam x

Guest Jon & Di

Hi Sam (Sorry to hijack your thread Rebecca)

My daughter is away staying with her cousins at the moment, but i'm sure she will find it quite a strain until school starts. Mnt Annan is about an hour from where we are staying at the moment, so feel free to contact and we could meet up and let our girls have a bit of a natter.

Di

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JenJen

Hi

Will be moving to Sydney soon and have been looking at The Hills area, could do with meeting a few people myself and my youngest isn't too much younger than your little boy....

I'm sure you've probably settled in by now, but if you want to meet up let me know

:smile:

Hi

Will be moving to Sydney soon and have been looking at The Hills area, could do with meeting a few people myself and my youngest isn't too much younger than your little boy....

I'm sure you've probably settled in by now, but if you want to meet up let me know

There's a meeting at Castle Hill RSL every Tuesday which would suit you. If you go on British Expats, not liked by some on this site, you'll get details. Sal goes with her pre-schooler.:smile:

• 3 months later...
Guest bethanne

Hi There,

Have you moved to the Hills area? If so, how are you finding it?

I too live in the area and have a 1 and 3 year old. Would love to have a good old chat with an english person if you are free to meet up?

Hi there Bethanne

Where abouts in the Hills District are you?

I have a 5 and 2 year old and live in Glenhaven. PM me if you fancy a coffee / meet up.

There is a group of us that meet on Tuesdays at Castle Hill RSL if you fancy joining us. There is a free face painter and clown and most of us have pre-schoolers.

It's a bit common that Glenahven is if you ask me :cute:

Much more classy up in Brissy

Love

Daphne :wubclub:

xxx

Hi there Bethanne

Where abouts in the Hills District are you?

I have a 5 and 2 year old and live in Glenhaven. PM me if you fancy a coffee / meet up.

There is a group of us that meet on Tuesdays at Castle Hill RSL if you fancy joining us. There is a free face painter and clown and most of us have pre-schoolers.

It's a bit common that Glenahven is if you ask me

Much more classy up in Brissy

Love

Daphne :wubclub:

xxx

Cheeky Moo!

You know you could always buy your old house back in Glenhaven - just make me an offer!!!!

Sent you an email months ago - but no reply....assumed no online connection in Brissy or are you just ignoring me?!

Hope things are going well.

:v_SPIN:

OH NO - what's wrong with the house?!

Yep, I decided to ignore your email......:biglaugh:.........actually I didn't get one :no: I've always had problems getting emails from you. Which email addy did you use - hotmail or bigpond. Both are still working if you want to try again. I'll get an email off to you though.

Love

Daphne

xxx

Cheeky Moo!

You know you could always buy your old house back in Glenhaven - just make me an offer!!!!

Sent you an email months ago - but no reply....assumed no online connection in Brissy or are you just ignoring me?!

Hope things are going well.

Guest bethanne

If there is another meet up with mums on a Wednesday or the weekend I would love to come along!. Its hard working 4 days/week and trying to get to know people in the area!

OH NO - what's wrong with the house?!

Yep, I decided to ignore your email......:biglaugh:.........actually I didn't get one :no: I've always had problems getting emails from you. Which email addy did you use - hotmail or bigpond. Both are still working if you want to try again. I'll get an email off to you though.

Love

Daphne

xxx

• 5 months later...
Guest zoeh11

Hi Di,

I have recently met up with the british expats at the rsl, Castle Hill on Tuesdays. Did you ever make it?!! There's usually someone there and I've only been two/three times so not sure if we've just missed each other? I have a three year old girl and a 19 month old and we moved here six months ago. Another friend has a little boy of 3 too so come along!! We get there about 11.30 and it's really nice. Very laid back. The rsl have a facepainter, balloon man and quite often, a magician so it's great for all the littlies. Write back if you fancy getting together!

Zoe

• 5 months later...
Guest TraceyKarlAndBoys

Hi, we moved to Sydney in 2006 and then to Perth in 2007, we're now moving back to Sydney in October to Baulkham Hills due to work. Can anyone recommend mothers groups etc in that area? We have two boys 4 and 3 plus expecting another in March! It would be nice for my wife to find like minded other mums to meet up with, if anyone can suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Karl

Archived