Family of 4 Brisbane

Guest Sharon Paley

Guest Sharon Paley

Hi we have now been in Brisbane as a family for 7 weeks, we are from Lincoln and have also had a base in Gloucester. My husband and I are settling in well and the kids are doing great they are 19 and 16.

Our son is really settling in well at school and has friends but is finding evening and weekends a drag with us and his sister. He would really like the chance to meet up with mates his own age.

Can anyone help or give us some advice we are on the Northside of Brisbane. Our fiends to date have no kids or little ones

We are also keen to meet new people obviously".......

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Sharon, just wanted to say welcome to the forum.Unfortunately we are in FNQ but hopefully someone will come along soon

Guest Sharon Paley

Hi yeah we are looking at basket ball and kayaking clubs for them. He's big into rugby which is also another option we are exploring too. Our 19 year old daughter has manged to sort her self out. She's off off out clubbing tonight. It's our 16 year old son who really just wants mates he can ' hang out with,'.

he has a good circle of friends at school, they do stuff straight after school but seem not to be keen on just getting together to hang out and play computer games etc, saying they live apart or have loads of homework. We are also arranging a pizza n DVD party with his mates so we are. Being proactive too.

Thanks so much

• 9 months later...

Hope things are getting a bit easier, now you've been here a few months.

Friend Sue (she arrived Sept 12 from Yorkshire) and I do 3 monthly get togethers for recent migrants. Next one Saturday 27 July, 2pm til you have to go (although people may go by 5pm 'cos it'll be dark & cold), Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard (behind Bounty Boulevard School), North Lakes. BYO everything: food, drinks, chairs. Free bbq.

You'd be very welcome!

Archived