HELP

blobby1000

Due to time constraints on our already 6 week tour of Oz before leaving we are rushing the East Coast between Brisbane and Sydney.

Can anyone suggest an unmissable place between Bellingen and Sydney that we can spend one night...somewhere we would be mad to miss on the trip. We are driving and, for one night, we would have about a $250 dollar budget for somewhere special......

Incidently we have booked 1 night Brisbane, 2 nights Springbrook National Park, 2 nights Byron Bay, 2 nights Bellingen, 4 nights Sydney (have we got this right? Have we missed anything crucial and are any of our selections rubbish!?)

Thanks!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You recommended Eden a while a go, thanks, its an amazing place (sadly we stayed in Merimbula instead which is horrible, but we couldnt stay everywhere., but we went to Eden 3 times from Merimbula)

It amazes me how Australia has such wonderful natural scenery (eg Narooma and Merimbula) and then they bulid these disgusting concrete towns all over them and destroy them.

Cant help with where to stay near Sydney ,but personally we found Coffs Harbour a better stay than Byron Bay.

Springbrook is lovely and has some great walks and views over the coast.

Have a fab time.

Cal x

It wasn't just me then! I was really looking forward to Byron but I now think it is hugely overrated. Good if you like tie dye, Balinese artwork and mung bean tea though I suppose. We enjoyed Port Macquarie much more.

You'd have trouble filling two nights in byron. As others have said, Coffs is lovely although there's concrete there too................I think it's something to do with folk needing living quarters and amenities.

Yeah I appreciate people need to live in buildings. However, what I am commenting is the beauty or otherwise of towns. There are towns in the world with "quarters and amenities" that dont spoil the natural landscape. Merimbula and Nooroma are not examples of this. have you ever visited either location?

Guest lisa crowe

For $150 you can spend the night at my place, room with water views and I'll even throw in brekkie and point you in the right direction for reptile and koala parks lol

Guest The Pom Queen
For $150 you can spend the night at my place, room with water views and I'll even throw in brekkie and point you in the right direction for reptile and koala parks lol

Do you run a B & B Lisa

Guest lisa crowe

No hun, we have 4 bedrooms with only 2 in use right now, wasnt lying about views though, they are stunning, we over look Brisbane water and are about an hour north of Sydney up on the Central Coast

I'd second Coffs or one of the resort beaches around there. Not sure about 2 nights in Bellingen - depends on your reasons for choosing it?

Whats up with Bellingen?

We didnt know really, just travelling down to Sydney and randomly selected places that looked good, Bellingen looks very green and full of interesting people!!

Archived