Car Hire

blobby1000

We are off on our travels soon and we are hiring 3 cars along the way, all through Europcar.

Now, here is my question:

We wont be taking out the $40 a day insurance and our liability is therefore $3850 per rental.

I am confused.

I have called the company but don't really understand their answer.

Will they need a credit card swipe for $3850 for each rental (which is returned when they get the car back undamaged) If so, this is a lot of money and I cant afford to pay this on 3 separare occasions similtaneously (as there will be a period of time before the money is returned to my account).

The small print states the credit card is only swiped for $100, but why would this be the case if the liability os $3850?

If we arrive in Perth and they want a $3850 swipe, we will be walking uo the west coast.....

Anyone got any ideas?????

We are off on our travels soon and we are hiring 3 cars along the way, all through Europcar.

We wont be taking out the $40 a day insurance and our liability is therefore $3850 per rental.

I am confused.

Will they need a credit card swipe for $3850 for each rental (which is returned when they get the car back undamaged) If so, this is a lot of money and I cant afford to pay this on 3 separare occasions similtaneously (as there will be a period of time before the money is returned to my account).

The small print states the credit card is only swiped for $100, but why would this be the case if the liability os $3850?

If we arrive in Perth and they want a $3850 swipe, we will be walking uo the west coast.....

Don't. Look up No Birds... much cheaper, less hassle, good cars

I am confused.

have a look at this site http://www.1cover.com.au/travel-insurance/?gclid=CKfeiMPr17ICFUZZpQodHyoAYg&affID=22 they offer travel insurance and one of the covers is $5000 car rental insurance.......one of my mates uses them whenever he hires cars and swears by them as he hedges at paying the exorbitant car rental insurance rates

Guest Trueblue22

They don't usually swipe for the whole liability, just a deposit. The liability only comes in if you damage the car etc. I've just hired one with Hertz, have you tried them, they're having a bit of a sale at the moment. I landed a bargain!

Archived