Just relocated to Gungahlin Canberra...

Guest ClairPetrie

Guest ClairPetrie

Hi,

Keen to hear from any poms in the Gungahlin area of Canberra we have recently moved here from Sydney for my partners work (Was in Sydney for 2 yrs), I have 2 small children and I am a STAH Mum would love to hear from anyone for meet ups, playdates etc.

Clair :)

Hi,

Keen to hear from any poms in the Gungahlin area of Canberra we have recently moved here from Sydney for my partners work (Was in Sydney for 2 yrs), I have 2 small children and I am a STAH Mum would love to hear from anyone for meet ups, playdates etc.

Clair :)

Hi Clair! Where in the Uk are you from? We're near you - have lived in Canberra since June 2011. We came over for my partners job. Inbox me if you'd like to meet up - I have two children, one school age and one 2 years old. I don't really attend playgroups with my youngest but I'm always out with him (soft play, swimming etc).

• 2 months later...

We are in Mckellar just down the road but we are now empty nesters. I haven't really come across many Brits here in the ACT. I'm not sure why that is. Possibly because it doesn't project an image of Australia that Brits are familiar with or maybe because it is more difficult for Brits to get jobs here. If you need any help with anything let me know. I guess you know there is a British Pub impersonation just down the road at Cockington Green. :skeptical: Another bit of useless trivia is that you can get a good meal at the Belconnen Labor club for $10 on Monday and Tuesday night. Oh yes, if you like wine then you can get it dirt cheap from Grays Online. There will probably be a good babysitting club up in Gunghalin. They are good for meeting people. TAMS may have a list of them.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys,

just wandering if there is anyone out there that is from the UK, or anyone looking to catch up for a coffee, kids play etc? I have a 6 year old son and 7 year old daughter and live in amaroo. I have lived here for 2 years and looking to meet new people.

let me know if you fancy it

cheers

Faye

We are in Mckellar just down the road but we are now empty nesters. I haven't really come across many Brits here in the ACT. I'm not sure why that is. Possibly because it doesn't project an image of Australia that Brits are familiar with or maybe because it is more difficult for Brits to get jobs here. If you need any help with anything let me know. I guess you know there is a British Pub impersonation just down the road at Cockington Green. :skeptical: Another bit of useless trivia is that you can get a good meal at the Belconnen Labor club for $10 on Monday and Tuesday night. Oh yes, if you like wine then you can get it dirt cheap from Grays Online. There will probably be a good babysitting club up in Gunghalin. They are good for meeting people. TAMS may have a list of them.

Are you kidding? There's heaps of Brits in Canberra!

Hello,

just wandered if you guys are still living in the gungahlin area and wanting to meet people or looking to catch up for a coffee, kids play etc? I have a 6 year old son and 7 year old daughter and live in amaroo. I have lived here for 2 years and looking to meet new people.

let me know if you fancy it

cheers

Faye

Archived