Melbourne Vist / Advice / Anything useful

Morning All,

I have recently landed my visa which as I am sure everyone on here knows is a massive relief, State sponsorship in Vic so will be looking to move to Melbourne middle of next year once I have sorted my life out.

I am heading over in November for my first visit to Melbourne so after any advice on where to go and if anyone is up for meeting up for a beer and hand over much needed advice.

I know it’s a pretty general message but it still feels a bit surreal at the moment, over a year of waiting then a bit of paper saying well done here is your visa, was expecting a fanfare of some sorts :biggrin:

Look forward to hearing from anyone..

Dave

Hello mate,

Thanks for replying, my plans are still pretty fluid at the moment, I work in the IT industry with a background in finance so the CBD would be first choice and I assume have a higher chance of landing a job but the visit in November is to get a better idea of where to live and look for a job.

As I said any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dave

Congratulations on the visa! Must be such a relief as you say. I moved to Melbourne a year last week and when the stats say that it's in the top 5 best places to live - they're absolutely right!

When you visit, def look at suburbs like Fitzroy, Richmond, Pharan, Windsor as these are the type of places where you'll probably like to live and all 5/10 mins away from the city. I always thought that I would want to live right in the city but even know it's lovely, the surrounding areas have much more personality and better places to shop, eat, drink and go out!

I'm sure you have lots of questions, so feel free to ask. It's a scary move but well worth it.

Am under Connie vitello on FB, if you're on that. If you turn out a psycho, I can always delete or block you,lol! :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Connie

Morning All,

I have recently landed my visa which as I am sure everyone on here knows is a massive relief, State sponsorship in Vic so will be looking to move to Melbourne middle of next year once I have sorted my life out.

I am heading over in November for my first visit to Melbourne so after any advice on where to go and if anyone is up for meeting up for a beer and hand over much needed advice.

I know it’s a pretty general message but it still feels a bit surreal at the moment, over a year of waiting then a bit of paper saying well done here is your visa, was expecting a fanfare of some sorts :biggrin:

Look forward to hearing from anyone..

Dave

Archived