so over seeing stabbings, knife attacks, shootings!

Wellers and Whitehead

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen

The thing is it happens so much in the UK that they don't bother reporting about it any more as they have enough news. Over here even a car crash makes front the headlines

The thing is it happens so much in the UK that they don't bother reporting about it any more as they have enough news. Over here even a car crash makes front the headlines

So seem as this has already been turned into an oz v uk thread :eek:, where statistically is more dangerous, Sydney or London ( taking population into consideration)?

The thing is it happens so much in the UK that they

don't bother reporting about it any more as they have enough news. Over here even a car crash makes front the headlines

I believe the total opposite. So much stuff does not hit the headlines in Sydney.how often (here I go again) do you hear of a child dying/child abuse on the news? Never! One dies every week approx. Rant over :-) just frustrates me that people who commit these crimes get away with it (good behaviour bond at the most in many cases). breath ha!

Guest chris955
So seem as this has already been turned into an oz v uk thread :eek:, where statistically is more dangerous, Sydney or London ( taking population into consideration)?

I wouldnt think there is anything in it, both have areas that arent safe to walk in especially at night.

Guest The Pom Queen

I was replying to Wellers where they said they didn't see it in London. We are allowed to mention the UK in a thread you know. I've no idea which is the worst I'm just talking about what makes headlines. Up here we have no news, so if someone passes wind it makes front page

Guest chris955

That is an extremely disappointing post and totally lacking in thought with no regard to facts.

I wouldnt think there is anything in it, both have areas that arent safe to walk in especially at night.

That's interesting as the general consensus especially on this forum seems to be that Sydney would be a far safer place than London, or that's how i have read it many time's anyway.

Guest The Pom Queen
I believe the total opposite. So much stuff does not hit the headlines in Sydney.how often (here I go again) do you hear of a child dying/child abuse on the news? Never! One dies every week approx. Rant over :-) just frustrates me that people who commit these crimes get away with it (good behaviour bond at the most in many cases). breath ha!

I worked at Social Services many many years ago in the UK and I agree abuse etc doesn't make the headlines.

Guest The Pom Queen
try living with it on a daily basis in greater manchester where ppl are to scared to go out after dark

Or Bradford, Middlesborough etc

Guest The Pom Queen
That's interesting as the general consensus especially on this forum seems to be that Sydney would be a far safer place than London, or that's how i have read it many time's anyway.

I couldn't say for Sydney I've never lived there but I felt safe in Melbourne and I feel safe in Cairns.

I couldn't say for Sydney I've never lived there but I felt safe in Melbourne and I feel safe in Cairns.

Have you lived in Bradford and Middlesborough then?

Guest chris955

My feeling is on these forums is the general consensus is there is no real difference although Australia has a higher murder rate apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London

http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/bocsar/ll_bocsar.nsf/vwFiles/RCS2011.pdf/$file/RCS2011.pdf

You have to do a bit of digging. And work some stuff out yourself. And then allow for the fact that offences are recorded differently. At the end of the day you come to the conclusion there's not much in it either way - you're still not actually very likely to become a victim of violent crime in either country unless you're the type of person who goes looking for it. Make a habit of getting bladdered and shooting your mouth off in the wrong sort of pub, get irate on the roads and allow yourself to get dragged into incidents of road rage etc and you might become a statistic, just go about your life without bothering others much and you probably won't

Guest chris955

Exactly, neither country is particularly violent and you would be unlucky to be a victin in either but slightly more likely to be murdered in Austraia ;)

Guest The Pom Queen
Yes I owned pubs in both

Oh and the pub in Middlesborough the previous landlady got pool cued when she was 6 months pregnant and her husband glassed. The locals carried and when it was kicking out time I was faced with F off and make us.

Guest chris955
Oh and the pub in Middlesborough the previous landlady got pool cued when she was 6 months pregnant and her husband glassed. The locals carried and when it was kicking out time I was faced with F off and make us.

So just a quiet night in Brisbane then ? ;)

Archived