so over seeing stabbings, knife attacks, shootings!

Wellers and Whitehead

I love seeing the thanks received for some posts, the comment could be blah zippity and as long as it was considered to be on the correct side of the debate it would receive alike from a certain member, funny as hell, sort of like being back at school :)

Which school Chris, your UK school or Australian one? :laugh:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
I didn't say I hated it, just said sick of all the shootings etc.its not just in Sydney but all over it would appear from listening to the news, gold coast, Melbourne etc.

But you said you don't recall it being like this in London when theres a young person being murdered every second week or so, plus countless other serious crimes being committed, it doesn't mean you hate it.

Guest guest71686

I thing the answer has already been said by m2m - there isnt often news worth reporting. hence car crashes, stabbings and drive bys are common place.

As i see it theres the same number of channels as the uk but with 1/3 population and no neighbouring countries people care about there is much less going on

I thought the recent bali anniversary was a classic example, flying reporting crews out to report live. I thought it was disrespectful tbh

Exactly, neither country is particularly violent and you would be unlucky to be a victin in either but slightly more likely to be murdered in Austraia ;)

The 2011 homicide rates per 100,000 people are 1.0 for Australia and 1.2 for UK - so slightly more likely *not* to be murdered in Oz.

So seem as this has already been turned into an oz v uk thread :eek:, where statistically is more dangerous, Sydney or London ( taking population into consideration)?

Depends if you've returned to the UK, are returning to the UK, or simply hate living in Oz I guess :wink:

shooting in my area today was thinking of going to coles in that general direction but decided against it (i didnt know at the time). I live in SW Sydney and it is pretty violent to be honest when I moved at the start of the year due to high number of shootings I wanted to move out of the area as soon as the lease was up but have got use to it and touch wood have not seen or had any direct involvement.

I was replying to Wellers where they said they didn't see it in London. We are allowed to mention the UK in a thread you know. I've no idea which is the worst I'm just talking about what makes headlines. Up here we have no news, so if someone passes wind it makes front page

I'd be on there every day then...............in fact....................they'd probably have to publish a late edition to cope.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Are u asking a question? not sure what u are trying to say??

If people are saying you hate Australia, I don't know if they are, but you mentioned it in the post I quoted, maybe it's because you said you didn't recall the things you mentioned happening in London, when clearly it is happening. All major cities have issues like this, but one year London had 29 youths stabbed to death, like I mentioned, if you lived there in the last three years you would know this, how long have you been in Sydney?

Exactly, neither country is particularly violent and you would be unlucky to be a victin in either but slightly more likely to be murdered in Austraia ;)

Try using town/city and you might actually get some semblance of reality. As someone who moved for the (almost) centre of Blackpool, to the outer suburbs of brisbane, there is a huge difference and "luck" doesn't enter into it..............location, location, location as the real estate folk say.......................burgled 3 times in the last 12 months in Blackpool, and only been "egged" in 17 yrears of Brizzy living.

Guest chris955
Little bit harsh don't ya think?? All because I said I was sick of shootings etc.

That poster seems to be the most defensive Aussie poster on here from what I have seen, I think you insulted his country ;)

I think you'll find I was more right in saying they were about the same. And it was less inflammatory

:wink:

EDIT: This is such a pointless thing to get in a UK vs Oz fest on........a bit like arguing in which country English is more widely spoken or where you are more likely to be able to buy a newspaper

I may be

wrong but you were coming across as a typical whinging Pom looking for excuses. If I am please forgive me (I'm in a good mood tonight) :laugh:

excuses??! No idea what you are talking about? Whinging? Because I an sick of seeing shootings, stabbings daily. In my book that isn't whinging that is stating a fact.

Archived