so over seeing stabbings, knife attacks, shootings!

Wellers and Whitehead

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is not a major city and has higher than most.. i loved working in hackney and did for 13 years but I am realistic that it was not like some london boroughs...

But oz has more murders per head of population than England, you cannot just pick London as an example.

But oz has more murders per head of population than England, you cannot just pick London as an example.

get a grip.. I was talking about one borough i know and that it has the highest gang rapes in london amongst other things which i know for a fact as I worked there for a long time and covered these areas of information and crimes and i didnt compare it to anywhere just pointed out it is not a major city in response to you highlighting me and your comments..

Guest Guest76386

Everyone should step back and look at what your all talking about. Australia and England are two of the safest countries in the world to live in. Australia is the biggest recreational drug consuming nation in the world. Really the crime rates should be huge. But thankfully its not. SOunds like people are making both countries to sound like south central LA in the 90s. Be lucky you all live in a great place. Look at the world around us. Id personally be greatful. My advice to people that worry is stop reading papers, you would never actually know it happins then.

Everyone should step back and look at what your all talking about. Australia and England are two of the safest countries in the world to live in. Australia is the biggest recreational drug consuming nation in the world. Really the crime rates should be huge. But thankfully its not. SOunds like people are making both countries to sound like south central LA in the 90s. Be lucky you all live in a great place. Look at the world around us. Id personally be greatful. My advice to people that worry is stop reading papers, you would never actually know it happins then.

I agree 100% the pathetic media would have us all sheltering under our beds, the actual chance of being a victim of crime is very low in both countries, 2 of the safest countries on the planet.

How did you find out about it?

The long arm of the law! Unless he was a compulsive liar (which I had no reason to believe he was not) I believe it should have been true? Also heard it from a work colleague who lived in the area and saw all the police there....

110%

I've been thinking the same recently. Wake up at 6am listening to Sydney 702. Every day there is a new shooting, stabbing, drive by etc. Usually out West of course. Its a worry, but as some have said, its still unusual enough to make the headlines...at least, that is how I try and rationalise it.

I think you are right. When you look at the "murder map" of London and consider the number of violent incidents which must have occurred but haven't resulted in death - how many of those would make the headlines in the UK?

And the fact is that you are very unlikely to be a victim of a random act of violence: most are either domestic violence, gangs or other personal grievances (often fuelled by unreasonable levels of alcohol).

Australia is the biggest recreational drug consuming nation in the world.

...which has been surveyed. Interesting that that report doesn't include the most popular recreational drug in the world - alchohol. WT...?? :rolleyes:

Archived