Moving to Adelaide in 13 months and counting

Guest Tmotters

Guest Tmotters

Hello all,This is my first post on this site as it is now starting to get a little bit real that we are actually moving to OZ.I am not due to move to Adelaide until January 2014 but I thought that I would say hi sooner rather than later.I have been in the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm as an Electrical Aircraft Engineer for 21 years and will be looking to get what ever job when I get there. I have a girlfriend and a 7 year old who are also looking forward to the move.My girlfriends brother lives in Happy Vally south Adelaide and has been out there for the past 6 years.I like most out door sports with a direction towards Scuba Diving, I am a DM at the moment but will be attempting the Instructors course in Febuary next year. I am a keen motor bike rider, owning a Honda Hornet 900 of which I will be forceably selling before I move as it is not worth transporting it. I will be purchasing a new one as soon as I can when I arrive.Well that is me saying hi to you all and will be spending more time reading and asking questions over the coming year of anyone willing to help an fellow pom.Merry Xmas all (HeHe is that to soon)Tim

Welcome to poms in oz! If you need any help finding your way around the site then feel free to yell.

Presumably you have your visas all sorted?

Your main problem in Adelaide will be avoiding idiot car drivers on your motorbike! There are some very unaware drivers here!

We have a sister site http://www.pomsinadelaide.com.au which you might like to have a look at.

Presumably you have visited before? Happy valley is a nice place.

Anyway, I am heading into rambling stage.

Welcome again. :-)

Archived