Young Couple - Gold Coast, Southport.

hi Folks

My Husband (English) and I (Aussie but lived in Oz for 7 years) recently moved to the Gold Coast (March)

We live in Southport and wondered if anyone wanted to meet up sometime. We're struggling to meet new people. We're late 20s, but happy to meet with people of any age.

We like long walks along the beach.........hahahah sounds like a dating profile. But we really do like walking on the beach, also like cycling, swimming and good company over a good meal.

Let us know if you'd like to meet up.

Hi all. I've noticed quite a few people have looked at this post, but not commented. The offer is still there to catch up if folks are interested. Maybe we're not interesting enough or haven't given enough details. Here's some more info for you.

I have just realised that above I put I've (Pam) lived in Oz for 7 years - I meant to write 'I've lived in the UK for 7 years'

Tim and I both have background in Admin work. I've managed to find part time work - but Tim is still looking.

We're very open minded people, who are interested in meeting interesting people from any religious or ethnic background, of any sexual orientation and with varied interests.

Tim's particular interests are: WWE wrestling, F1 racing, Exercising, listening to music

Get in contact if you want to meet up sometime.

Pam's particular interests are; cooking, baking, sewing, watching films, listening to music

Hi all. I've noticed quite a few people have looked at this post, but not commented. The offer is still there to catch up if folks are interested. Maybe we're not interesting enough or haven't given enough details. Here's some more info for you.

I have just realised that above I put I've (Pam) lived in Oz for 7 years - I meant to write 'I've lived in the UK for 7 years'

Tim and I both have background in Admin work. I've managed to find part time work - but Tim is still looking.

We're very open minded people, who are interested in meeting interesting people from any religious or ethnic background, of any sexual orientation and with varied interests.

Tim's particular interests are: WWE wrestling, F1 racing, Exercising, listening to music

Get in contact if you want to meet up sometime.

Pam's particular interests are; cooking, baking, sewing, watching films, listening to music

Hi Tim and Pam - We’ve been on the goldcoast since august this year and met up with some wonderful families of similar age to ours from this site which has helped us immensely socially. Both me and my OH are early 40’s and have 3 children 8, 9 ,and 18 years. .If you don’t get any replies from the younger end you are always more than welcome to meet up with us for a drink sometime. We live in Pacific Pines by the way.

Hi Pam,

I just came across your post and wanted to say hi! My partner (Elliot) and I are both from the UK and have been on the Gold Coast since February. We are also in our late 20's and have found it quite hard to meet people. We are currently living in Tamborine Mountain but will be moving down to the coast in the New Year. It would be great to meet up at some point!

We have a dog who travelled with us from the UK and we often spend time walking her at the Spit or sometimes we travel further down the coast. We are going back to the UK for Christmas but it would be great to meet up on our return!

I look forward to hearing from you :-)

Jess

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pam, Tim and Kerryann,

Elliot and I returned from the UK on Tuesday after spending Christmas with family and would love to meet up at a time convenient for us all. We are open to anything whether it be a drink, meeting at the beach or a BBQ somewhere? We often walk our dog at weekends (as long as it is somewhere near water as it is too hot for her in the day otherwise) so are always out and about on the coast.

It will be great for us to meet some other couples here as it has been a little lonely since we arrived.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Jess x

Hey Jess,

Hope you had a nice Christmas back in the UK?

I've already told Pam, but unfortunately my bf Tom has been sent away to Perth with work. He left on Thursday and isn't too sure when he will be back yet. It may be a week or so yet tho :'(

As soon as he gets back though would be great to organise a meet up! I'm open minded for anything!

In the meantime though, if you wanted to perhaps have a girlie get together next weekend or something, then just let me.

Else we can sort something out when Toms back :) x

hi everyone. I'm steph. it would be great to try and meet up with you guys. you all seem in the right age group. I'm 25. I've been here since november and not met anyone yet. it doesn't help i went to sydney for christmas and new year but I'm back now. would be great to try meet up some time x

o and i don't know if any of you drive but theres a meet up at 6pm monday (21/01/13) at max brenners in the robina shopping centre. its a group from the meet up site aimed at 20's-30's so maybe pop along. its the first meet up I'm going to so I'm not sure what its going to be like but you can't go wrong with the hot drinks they do. hope some of you can make it. I'm on Facebook if any of you want to add me so you know who to look for. Please PM me x

hi Folks

My Husband (English) and I (Aussie but lived in Oz for 7 years) recently moved to the Gold Coast (March)

We live in Southport and wondered if anyone wanted to meet up sometime. We're struggling to meet new people. We're late 20s, but happy to meet with people of any age.

We like long walks along the beach.........hahahah sounds like a dating profile. But we really do like walking on the beach, also like cycling, swimming and good company over a good meal.

Let us know if you'd like to meet up.

Hi all, me and my girlfriend both mid twenties are new to the Gold Coast from London and would love to meet up sometime. We are living in surfers at the moment and both working. I'm painting for a company in brisbane and my girlfriend is working in sales.

Thanks

martin and Kara

Thanks to everyone for your messages. I thought I would throw a get-together idea out there. On Saturday 26th Jan (this Sat coming) at Ashmore Tavern they are having an Australia Day Fun Day. I'd like to suggest we meet there from 4pm and get some good - they are having an Aussie BBQ. Then they are having Karaoko from 8pm so if anyone wants to hang around we could stay for that. No pressure to sing, we can just enjoy the 'entertainment' provided by others. Let me know if you'll be coming. I'll organise some helium balloons in blue, white and red (so we don't stand out as poms) and have them on the table so you can pick us out.

Hi Tim and Pam and everyone else :)!!

Me and my partner (both mid 20's) have been living on the gold coast for a while and are struggling some what to meet new people. My partner (Llion) works in Brisbane at the university and i have just returned from the UK after Christmas and am trying to change jobs if possible.

Unfortunately we've got plans later in the evening on the 26th, but should be able to call into Ashmore tavern for a while first, if you done mind two more people crashing the party?

Hope to hear from you soon

Natalie

Natalie and anyone else who reads this message. My mobile number is 0435 051 951 - if you decide to come along tomorrow give me a ring and we can tell you where we're sitting in the Tavern. Not sure I'll get any balloons for the table as they are quite expensive

thats ok. you all should sign up to the site meet up and the pages called hakuna matata! peeps in their 20's with fun and good spirits and the group a whole new world and also travel mates for 20's & 30's - brisbane and gold coast. thats how i new about the coffee.

I'm going to try make it tomorrow. depends if i can get the car from the family i work for :) is it still happening with the wet weather tho?

Archived